User Tag List

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree785Likes

Thread: All about CHRISTMAS!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Okay, I asked, and it seems there isn't a thread that deals strictly with Christmas finds, crafts, neat things we find on the interweb, our decorating plans, ideas we find...everything that's Christmassy! Recipes can probably still find a home in the recipes section and shopping deals can still be on the shopping thread...this is just for fun...things we want to make if we had time...things we'd never in a million years want to make even if we did have the time...! Post your plans, finds, silly photos of Christmassy ideas...whatever!
    The count-down begins...70 days, 2 hours, 26 minutes!!! Yikes!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I made some of these a gazillion years ago and the urge to make a few this year has hit...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So expensive to buy, so easy to make!! I'd love to make one in silver and gold...or the
    more traditional colours..gotta love the dollarstore!

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

love Christmas crafts. the kids and I have marked on their calendar a big craft show that's coming up in early November so we're going to be checking that out for sure. my pinterest board is starting to get full of ideas!

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Trading Score
    392 (100%)

if I ever figure out how to post pics properly i'll put some of mine up

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Name:  wreath-m.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  94.3 KB
    I made the silver and purple for my mom last Christmas

Attachment 198003
    This one I made for myself.
    Yarn wreaths are so east to do, and with the yarn available now - so many colour choices and textures to choose from!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by VeeVee; Wed, Oct 16th, 2013 at 10:28 AM.
    Mia001, Angela273, Lynn49 and 8 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

heh Lynn. I made one of those ball wreaths last year.. let me tell you what a headache.. if your not really handy with a glue gun.. just buy one..
    I decided this year to try something different. went to michaels and bought one of those green wire bases for a wreath... ($3 with coupon).. then to the dollar store where i picked up this gauze/mesh wide 'ribbon' for $2.. (require 2) and then some pipe cleaners to match the color... and then cut them in half (although im thinking of just leaving it long next time, more to work with).. put appr 3 top bottom top on each section of the base.
    take your 'ribbon' and secure between the arms of the pipe cleaner.. continue all around. add ribbon with matching colors or designs. then go crazy and accessorize..
    voila.. pinterest or google deco mesh wreath (or i used something different but same effect) you'll see how they look.. and how friggin EASY they are to make.
    and to think people charge or pay $25++ for them..
    i made one for the fundraiser below, another for our churchs bazaar. going to go back and get a couple more and make one as a gift for my Mom and me of course..
    anyway thats my craft for the day.
    plus all the boards i pinned on pinterest for treats im making.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Great thread!

Just googled the "Deco Mesh Wreath" and I'm loving them! I already have my Christmas one ready to put up after the fall one comes down but I think I'll attempt a Valentines Day one. They are so pretty!

Love all the ideas! We always try to give a home-made gift to relatives from the kids so I love the ideas.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    So expensive to buy, so easy to make!! I'd love to make one in silver and gold...or the
    more traditional colours..gotta love the dollarstore!

Love these wreaths, i made 50 of them for a craft show and sale a few years ago and Sunshine is right they are a bit tricky but so pretty!!I think the average wreath I made used between 80-135 ornaments depending on the size, must dig out some pictures!!

Trading Score
    392 (100%)

this isn't chritmasy but for those that love holiday wreaths I did a Halloween wreath I saw in a Martha stewart living magazine (I think) using candy corns hot glued on a wreath that had been sprayed black. orange ribbon to hang it. it turned out super cute. I sprayed shellac on it to stop it from melting or whathaveyou.

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

I wll be visiting this thread often Lynn, great topic.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    heh Lynn. I made one of those ball wreaths last year.. let me tell you what a headache.. if your not really handy with a glue gun.. just buy one..
    I decided this year to try something different. went to michaels and bought one of those green wire bases for a wreath... ($3 with coupon).. then to the dollar store where i picked up this gauze/mesh wide 'ribbon' for $2.. (require 2) and then some pipe cleaners to match the color... and then cut them in half (although im thinking of just leaving it long next time, more to work with).. put appr 3 top bottom top on each section of the base.
    take your 'ribbon' and secure between the arms of the pipe cleaner.. continue all around. add ribbon with matching colors or designs. then go crazy and accessorize..
    voila.. pinterest or google deco mesh wreath (or i used something different but same effect) you'll see how they look.. and how friggin EASY they are to make.
    and to think people charge or pay $25++ for them..
    i made one for the fundraiser below, another for our churchs bazaar. going to go back and get a couple more and make one as a gift for my Mom and me of course..
    anyway thats my craft for the day.
    plus all the boards i pinned on pinterest for treats im making.
    Like this?
    Wow! Not what I was expecting to see...but GORGEOUS! Yes! Post pics everyone!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    Name:  wreath-m.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  94.3 KB
    I made the silver and purple for my mom last Christmas

Attachment 198003
    This one I made for myself.
    Yarn wreaths are so east to do, and with the yarn available now - so many colour choices and textures to choose from!
    Beautiful Vee!! It looks like a lot of work, Hon...Your Mom must have loved it!!
    What are you planning for her this year??

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

http://<a href="http://<a href="http...JgY_5A</a></a>..did you see this deco mesh mantle-piece at the very end of this video??
    Looks like you have a bit more work to do, Mrs Sunshine!!
    (I have no idea why the video didn't show up this time! Gr.)
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Oct 16th, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
    angelapride likes this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Beautiful Vee!! It looks like a lot of work, Hon...Your Mom must have loved it!!
    What are you planning for her this year??
    Oh that wasn't a present it was just something I made for her because lol I get bored especially in the winter so between reading and trying to knit I like to do other crafts (keeps me from eating! haha).
    It took me about 2 hours to complete each wreath.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information