User Tag List

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree3430Likes

Thread: Frugal Festivities - December Frugal Chatter

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    shortbread cookies are so yummy what a treat to get in the mail, my address is (lol), nice gift to receive for certain.
    Lol!

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Hi everyone!!! I hope you are all well!

we are very busy now that December is here, our ds has a cardiology apt on Thursday. We are hoping for some great news, but you never really know for sure right! Also, we are delivering the gift bags we made for young moms on Thursday it will be a busy one. Other than that we are just trying to finish Christmas shopping for the family. If we are lucky this year we will remember to buy for each other! Lol
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well my cold is breaking up -nose is running -I have so much to do and don't feel like it -I will take my time doing the tree-resting inbetween-gee I sill have xmas shopping and wrapping to do -oh well it will all wait-wow day 3 of not shopping that is not like me -eh-lol

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

morning all, you all got a little chatty on me.. LOL
    our dinner out last night was delicious. enjoyed the time out. my oldest even cleaned the kitchen (from their dinner i'd made)after they ate.
    Looks like i'll be going to Wm today to look at humidifiers.. dh has a chest cold he's fighting. when he's outside he's great.
    Hope I don't have to spend a fortune to keep the house moist.
    Other than that and the last minute items i need to get for christmas, hm maybe i'll make the humidifier dh's gift. LOL

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    December is here and it is time to get back to my goals and projects. I slacked off but that has to stop. I am already thinking I am insane, this month is going to be insane, we have to prepare for year at work as well as do inventory to prepare for shut down, plus I leave for a week. I tried to keep my projects simple but yeah I think I bit off more than I can do. Oh well, we will have to wait and see what happens.

Off to check weather network now, Mom says we are getting slammed today but that is not what the radio just said. I am really hoping not as my car goes in for service today which means I am in the loaner and I am not sure if it has snow tires. Oh how I hope my car makes a quick return. It is funny with my old car I always loved driving the loaners as they were usually nicer than my car, but now with my current car I love it and miss it so much when it is gone.
    Here's hoping your car returns quickly and you don't get the weather your mom mentioned. Sounds like you are going to have your hands full before you leave from your holidays, don't stress you get done what you get done
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    December already. Wow. I have started finally picking up some things here and there. Was able to find a Big Hugs Elmo at the superstore for my niece. Their price was $69.99....was able to price match walmarts $39.94. I was happy all day!!!! She will love it. Searched high and low for an ipad mini....which my son decided on sunday he would like. Drove to Collingwood because the website said they had them in stock....HA!!!! of course they were sold out. Oh well....will keep hunting. Wouldn't be Christmas without stress and tons of driving

Got an email saying icoke is ending. They have not had much good stuff in a long time. Still disappointed.
    I know it's not the sale price like Staples but they are $319 (Ipad mini) at Apple.ca. Free shipping and engraving. Plus go through airmileshops .ca and get more Airmiles if you have an airmiles card.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Dec 3rd, 2013 at 10:58 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am almost done Christmas shopping. Just need a few little things for the oldest Hope to sort things tonight so I know for sure. and maybe a few stocking stuffers but I think I did get enough.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    Hi everyone!!! I hope you are all well!

we are very busy now that December is here, our ds has a cardiology apt on Thursday. We are hoping for some great news, but you never really know for sure right! Also, we are delivering the gift bags we made for young moms on Thursday it will be a busy one. Other than that we are just trying to finish Christmas shopping for the family. If we are lucky this year we will remember to buy for each other! Lol
    Hey you thanks for popping in to say hi! Hope all goes well with your ds appointment on Thursday. Any news on the baby front? Your gift bags will be so well received you and your family should be so proud. Christmas shopping I hear ya, how challenging it can be at times.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well my cold is breaking up -nose is running -I have so much to do and don't feel like it -I will take my time doing the tree-resting inbetween-gee I sill have xmas shopping and wrapping to do -oh well it will all wait-wow day 3 of not shopping that is not like me -eh-lol
    Hope you kick that cold soon. Rest and relax and all will be well. I still have tons of shopping to do as well but I'm taking it in strides (lol) and when I have a little extra cash.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    our dinner out last night was delicious. enjoyed the time out. my oldest even cleaned the kitchen (from their dinner i'd made)after they ate.
    Looks like i'll be going to Wm today to look at humidifiers.. dh has a chest cold he's fighting. when he's outside he's great.
    Other than that and the last minute items i need to get for christmas, hm maybe i'll make the humidifier dh's gift. LOL
    glad you enjoyed your dinner, it always seems so much tastier when someone else is cooking . Wow what a nice surprise to come home to a clean kitchen

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Hey you thanks for popping in to say hi! Hope all goes well with your ds appointment on Thursday. Any news on the baby front? Your gift bags will be so well received you and your family should be so proud. Christmas shopping I hear ya, how challenging it can be at times.
    No news, actually we haven't started to try yet. Our very close friends are pregnant with our nephew and they are having a challenging pregnancy so our focus is on getting that baby here safely.

Thanks for the well wishes for my ds, I think all is going well, but it's still nerve racking!

We are very proud of the gift bags, it was a lot of work but I have already started shopping for next year!
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    Wondering if maybe you could borrow a humidifier from a family member or friend while your dh has his cold and save yourself the cost of buying one, just a thought.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I am almost done Christmas shopping. Just need a few little things for the oldest Hope to sort things tonight so I know for sure. and maybe a few stocking stuffers but I think I did get enough.
    lucky ducky to be almost done your shopping, what a relief to not have to stress over what to get as the stores get busier.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    No news, actually we haven't started to try yet. Our very close friends are pregnant with our nephew and they are having a challenging pregnancy so our focus is on getting that baby here safely.

Thanks for the well wishes for my ds, I think all is going well, but it's still nerve racking!

We are very proud of the gift bags, it was a lot of work but I have already started shopping for next year!
    Well I hope your nephew arrives safely & healthy and the challenges resolve themselves if possible. Your still young so you have time to get pregnant when the timing is great. Great to get a head start on next years shopping as you find the deals and can afford to do so.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

thanks Nancy, but it may be worth the investment. it gets really dry i here, my face cracks, my nails get brittle.. its awful. I may just look into a local thrift store. sometimes a good cleaning gets a machine working well for next to nothing.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information