User Tag List

Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
Like Tree4317Likes

Thread: Frugal February-the sequel

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    Nope and we have tried everything!! Our front yard looks like a maze with all the tunnels and molehills. We tried moth balls in the holes and even bought a mole trap kit on ebay. Nothing has worked. Our lawn is the only lawn that moles seem to enjoy

When the snow melts we will be the talk of the neighbourhood no doubt. I read that when you see lots of tunnels on your yard, it is actually the work of only one mole. Sigh. Our mole must be really huge. Too bad it wouldn't migrate to our back yard because my female Boxer is a serial killer of creatures of all kinds. She would catch it in no time.

Apparently if you can just get past the mess they make of your lawn, your lawn will be healthier in the end.
    I would somehow get your sweet boxer to be tied in the front lawn
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My DD and dear student are off school this week so we decided to head out to Lake Louise for the day and eat lunch at the Post Hotel-not at all frugal but once or twice a year we treat ourselves to lunch there-cause I wouldn't want to buy dinner there or a nights accommodation!! The food was yummy, there is tons of snow and then we went up to the lake to watch people skating and the the sled dog tours they take people on. Fortunately it was a mild day. Just had a light dinner of leftovers from the fridge and now doing the laundry so a peaceful evening at home.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I know it's the February thread. But, keep something in mind for March. When people go away for March Break, the stores try to keep those remaining behind in the cold, happy. There is usually a nice sale around the March Break time. Save your nickels and dimes my frugal online friends.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Totally did nothing tonight but cleaned up after dinner. Youngest is in bed now and I just want to plop on the couch. Guess we are allowed a lazy night. The laundry will be there tomorrow (we all have tons of clean clothes ready to wear I just like to keep up on it)

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

went out earlier to pick up some more supplies. IF i get it done tomorrow i'll post pics.
    tonite i tackled something after getting frustrated that my PP account still isn't authorized. i wanted to purchase off a craft site.
    so took some excess burlap I bought at Len's Mills for $.49. i think it was like 6ft long and 1ft wide across.. took it and cut 'petal' shapes out of it and created my own burlap roses. the ones on line are so expensive. like $2.99 each
    i made 4 of them to fit into a wreath. im so impressed with myself..anyway off to Micheals' tomorrow to exchange some things. then finish the last of my projects.

I just wanted to share a tip I did the other day. I used my processor to slice all my veggies for my spaghetti sauce.. well they cooked nicely but i was left with alot of stringy pieces. SO while i was stirring the sauce.. I had a brain fart..or wave..
    I took one of those hand held processors. the white wands with the flat end that has the little blade under it. i think your supposed to make eggs or something .. anyway I took that and repeatedly put it in my sauce and 'whirred' for a few seconds. did this for a few minutes. oh my word the best sauce ever.. it pureed everything enough that it was smooth. no chunks or lumps.
    Who'd ever thought to use it for that. anyway my tip for the day.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Sick with a bad cold. Trudging through work. Wish I could take a day off, but there is little give in my teaching schedule until after the March break. We have a speech competition and claymation movies that have deadlines before February and it is unfortunately work I can't leave with a supply.

I think the students love it though, because I talk WAY less. The more I talk the more my eyes start to water and the more I have to blow my nose.
    Hope you get better soon and the little ones escape getting it from you!!I had a bad one last week and I am still tired.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    BF ended up in the hospital "possible" stoke which they ended up being unable to find evidence of other than the fact that he lost feeling and function in his left side for about 8 hours. He spent the week in the hospital - home yesterday THANK GOD. The boys opted to stay with their mom so i was alone for the week. It was stressful the first couple days because of worry and then just pllain lonely. Made me realize how far my family really is away and well just how much i love him. I knew it was alot but...yeah.

All is good for now.

I was "bad" friday and ordered pizza for myself...and had some wine with it. Kind of a treat. Worked saturday and sunday.
    I'm glad everything turned out ok. There isn't much better than having everyone you love healthy and safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Will fry up eggs tonight for egg mcmuffins for the boys breakfast the next few days.
    When I was away at school, there was a local place offering "egg muffins". Everyone ordering them called them egg mcmuffins. Ha ha! They looked exactly the same, without the egg mold to make them that perfect circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Saving about $500 on an annual gym membership (Oshawa rates), thanks to all this snow.
    You can't shovel in the spring, fall, and summer I hope! We seriously need a break from all this snow. The snow at the foot of our driveway is over 10 feet high...again.

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    Nope and we have tried everything!! Our front yard looks like a maze with all the tunnels and molehills. We tried moth balls in the holes and even bought a mole trap kit on ebay. Nothing has worked. Our lawn is the only lawn that moles seem to enjoy
    Why does buying a mole trap on ebay remind me of Wile E. Coyote buying a road runner trap from Acme? I had no idea you could buy things like that on ebay. I guess it's true that you can find anything on ebay.

I've taken a hiatus to do laundry and clean all our bathrooms until they gleam. There's something therapeutic about scrubbing ceramic and chrome. Our bathrooms are blinding now. I feel like I've got something important accomplished. Last weekend, I washed everything until I was actually searching for items to fill the load. I ended up washing the tablecloth and every linen in the house. I like when things are so clean that you just can't clean any more. That's probably a rarity post-kids! It lasted for about 10 minutes until DH put his socks in the hamper.

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Totally procrastinating today. I'm gonna pay for it tonight if I don't get some things done....

Had company over last night so I made turkey. Boiled the carcass so I can make stew. I already picked out all the bones and crap (my least favorite part). I've put it aside because I really need to make tortillas and quesidillas. I sorta dread making tortillas. I know it's healthier and better for my family. It used to be fun, but now it's just a chore. I takes about an hour to make a double batch and when you make them like every 2 weeks, it gets old. I've made as big as a triple batch. But it doesn't really save you that much time. It's not the dough part that takes long, it's the rolling out and cooking of each one. 36 (a triple batch) is the most I can handle without going crazy..ball, roll, cook, flip, repeat x 36!

Our new couches arrived yesterday. Took forever to save up for them, but man are they so much comfier than our other ones. Our old ones had just outlived themselves. Couches just don't live forever!

Congrat's on the new couches.

Just watched a video on how to make tortillas ( I've never made them)
    Thought you might be interested in their method, looks really easy.
    Here's a link to their video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esrvMS5tVHY
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -I just made a gourmet meal-
    -pork tenterloin had rubbed it with spices-sauted it on stove for a few minutes then cooked in oven on a bed of 1 and a half pears
    -mashed potatoes ,tea biscuit,corn -yummmmm
    -I feel so happy -like a perfect homemaker

-low fat brownie for dessert
    -we just finished
    meal sounds awesome
    martha stewart and rachel ray would be proud

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Did more shovelling. Only about 20 minutes this time. But everybody and his uncle seems to be home today. And all out shoveling too. Makes it easier when you have company shoveling with you.

Backyard needs some attention. Snow is piling up and weighing things down. Will do another workout later in the afternoon.

Saving about $500 on an annual gym membership (Oshawa rates), thanks to all this snow.
    This morning's 30 minute work out - moving snow from the tall snow piles that are taller than a Shwa Girl.
    Hopefully this will thaw a bit on Friday when we are expecting rain or freezing rain. Still lifting with the legs, not the back. Still stretching to avoid injuries.

Lovin these snow workouts.
    Hey, when you have lemons, make lemon aid, rather than a sour face, I say.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I don't do snow lol Well I try not to shovel. Thank gosh my guy won't let me and when I do try to help he sends me away telling me I'm going to hurt my back. Cutting the grass I like to do but he usually hogs that too lol. Go away snow!!! I am so done. Need to go South again I think.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Kids breakfast is done and 1 is eating the other will take on the road as he is still in the shower. Now to get lunches ready. And I'm sitting here with a towel on my head. Still have to dry my hair. Yet I sit lol Thank gosh its hump day. Thinking I may take the afternoon off work and do a little power walking in the mall. I need a break.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Kids breakfast is done and 1 is eating the other will take on the road as he is still in the shower. Now to get lunches ready. And I'm sitting here with a towel on my head. Still have to dry my hair. Yet I sit lol Thank gosh its hump day. Thinking I may take the afternoon off work and do a little power walking in the mall. I need a break.
    Yay! for power walks in the mall. I have tried going to Target to power walk, with the cart, going down every aisle. The temptation is to buy something, so I do a Toonie Target Power Walk (trademark). Meaning, if there is a deal there when power walking, it can only cost $2, with tax, all in.

Toonie Target Power Walk = a Shwa Girl Trademark original saying

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

meal sounds awesome
    martha stewart and rachel ray would be proud
    Love Martha Stewart

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-morning all -I am happy today snow or not
    -heard form a old neighbour last night she is 10 years older than me and our moms passed away a week apart last year-we still need to have that bottle of wine together~!!!-boy we talked for a hour
    -today i am meeting 2 friends that were co-workers at swiss chalet- I am paying this time- we take turns -I have my coupons ready( plus I have 2 small gifts ready for them too nice gesture I feel -one friend has no kids or husband-she s 71 and se always told me "that I can be your mom " when I worked with her few years back
    -then want to try and get a few groceries all out of fruit and veggies

Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread Information