User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: Smartphone --> Dumb People!!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

At an old job, coworker and I would be talking about our work project. Right in the middle of the sentence, she would answer her cell. At first I was mad. When it kept happening, as soon as she answered, I did something else or left the room.

I explained to our boss why the project may be delayed and that I am doing all I can to keep the project on track.

Well, you can guess what happened. The project finished on time. Each time I met with the coworker, the phone was left out of the meeting. The boss spoke to the coworker.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Wed, Feb 5th, 2014 at 06:36 PM.
    francine1985, walkonby and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Nothing to 'despise' about these phones. The device is not rude, doesn't do anything to anyone. It doesn't turn itself on, stick itself in a user's face. The user is 100% in control, THEY are rude if they use it inappropriately. If a person can't put the thing down, that's the person, not the phone!

I have a smartphone, love it, use it all the time to kill time when I'm commuting on the bus, walking on the treadmill at the gym, etc. But there's a time and a place for it; out to dinner on a date is not one of those times or those places.

I think you missed her point.
    GoJays likes this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

That would drive me nuts! I tend to think showing someone that they are important to you, means putting down the phone and giving them your full attention. Move on to someone who thinks you are more important that the phone/social media updates
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Hey vesper!! Let's go out and have a funny time together... Hehehe

I agree with everyone's comments. If there's one place that is more distracting seeing a phone's display light on, it's in a movie theatre. I mean you probably paid full price to watch a movie, yet you're on your phone texting or whatever? Roar.
    r0c0upons and Shwa Girl like this.
    "Expecto Patronum!" - Harry Potter

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by padfoot View Post
    If there's one place that is more distracting seeing a phone's display light on, it's in a movie theatre. I mean you probably paid full price to watch a movie, yet you're on your phone texting or whatever? Roar.
    Yup. Movie theatre cell phoners. Roar indeed.

Sad story about a guy using his cell phone in a movie theatre in Florida. He got shot. Don't wish this on anyone.

A retired police captain is being held without bail after fatally shooting a man who was texting in a Florida movie theatre.
    On Tuesday, a judge ordered Curtis Reeves, 71, held without bond on a charge of second-degree murder in the death of 43-year-old Chad Oulson on Monday.
    Pasco County Sheriff's officials said the shooting happened when Reeves asked Oulson to stop texting at the theatre.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/florida...adly-1.2495418

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    OK so it's been a very long time since I had some 'Romantic activity' and gave this nice lady a shot whom works for the same outfit I do. Known her a few years, she is nice and I enjoy her company.

So after we both make it obvious to each other we would like to enjoy a 'fun evening/night' with each other, we head off for a nice diner to start things off.

She spent the entire diner constantly texting someone on her phone, twitty or facebook and would even giggle and 'update' me on what the person just said.

I was so turned off by this, I kind of became angry to. It is so rude and childish, I am there and she is not.

Needless to say, she never got access to my funny hands at all, which is too bad for her, I bet she never fooled around with a creepy scorpio before. I left after diner with a 'headache' and I won't ever date her again.

How many times have i posted about my deep dislike for people who use smartphones during social events. DO NOT DO!

((( I think this post makes me sound like a drama queen, but I am not )))
    I found that hilarious! Haven't heard it in that particular way
    On another note, hope you find a better date next time around!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information