User Tag List

Page 208 of 560 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 218 258 308 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 8398
Like Tree24191Likes

Thread: Share your personalized Shoppers Optimum offers here!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    A picture of the product with the upc visible.
    The 600 mL Vaseline lotion is eligible for $2 cash back from Checkout 51, but I bought the 295 mL one (which is listed as ineligible). Checkout 51 accepted my receipt even though the size I bought isn't eligible (only "VASELINE LOTION" is displayed on my receipt with no mL/size).

If Checkout 51 didn't accept my receipt and requested a picture of the product with the UPC visible, I could just take a picture of my 600 mL Vaseline lotion I still haven't finished using, which I bought a few months ago when SDM emailed me a coupon for $3 off any Vaseline lotion while it was on sale at SDM for $5.99.

I'm curious, when Checkout 51, Snap, etc. request a picture of the product with the UPC visible, what is stopping someone from buying an eligible product (that can be returned) to bring it home to take a picture of and then return it (since taking a picture of the product in-store would probably not work if they wanted the background to be visible too)? Also, the Checkout 51 and Snap FAQs don't mention how they deal with returns, so what is preventing people from buying products they don't need or want, and returning the product after their receipt is accepted?
    ROMEO, coupon girl and terry2144 like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by My two Canadian cents View Post
    The 600 mL Vaseline lotion is eligible for $2 cash back from Checkout 51, but I bought the 295 mL one (which is listed as ineligible). Checkout 51 accepted my receipt even though the size I bought isn't eligible (only "VASELINE LOTION" is displayed on my receipt with no mL/size).

If Checkout 51 didn't accept my receipt and requested a picture of the product with the UPC visible, I could just take a picture of my 600 mL Vaseline lotion I still haven't finished using, which I bought a few months ago when SDM emailed me a coupon for $3 off any Vaseline lotion while it was on sale at SDM for $5.99.

I'm curious, when Checkout 51, Snap, etc. request a picture of the product with the UPC visible, what is stopping someone from buying an eligible product (that can be returned) to bring it home to take a picture of and then return it (since taking a picture of the product in-store would probably not work if they wanted the background to be visible too)? Also, the Checkout 51 and Snap FAQs don't mention how they deal with returns, so what is preventing people from buying products they don't need or want, and returning the product after their receipt is accepted?
    what's stopping people is...

ethics
    ROMEO, salady, lilo0003 and 9 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my Wednesday offer is quite funny, the picture in the email shows 8000 points, but when you click on print it says 3000 points for buying $10 of snacks and candy.

I'm assuming it's all snack food type stuff no soft drinks, right?
    ROMEO and terry2144 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just used this one because I was sent one for 23rd and one for 25th, I was so psyched that it was 8000 nope! only 3000 lol.
    It wouldn't allow me to purchase juice boxes, it had to be food for the snacks.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Vaseline lotion shelf was almost bare yesterday after redemption weekend. Shoppers must have sent out lots of the $3 off coupon. Luckily I found one way at the back of the top shelf.
    Yesterday, CO51 bumped up the limit to 3.
    My shoppers are really good to me so I don't take advantage of them and print more offers. Tempting when it's free, but not worth it to ruin a great service and relationship.

Monday - used these
    #1 - personal coupons = 6000 points, spent $21, $2 co51, Free toothpaste, $2 off always, $3 off Vaseline lotion

#2 - personal coupons = 4730 points, co51 $2
    $83 - $20 offer - $60 redemption = $3 + tx oop

Wednesday
    #1 - 12000 wus $50 (won't use)
    #2 - $20 off wus $75 (no, crossing fingers for Fri wus $60, then redeem again)
    Last edited by WINNIPEGZELDA; Wed, Mar 25th, 2015 at 12:46 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

For Wednesday, I have 20x wus $25 on anything, which I won't use as I just used my 8000 pts wus $30 on food/snacks yesterday.
    ROMEO, terry2144 and WINNIPEGZELDA like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For Wednesday I got $20 when you spend $75, hubby got 20x points when you spend $25. Not sure if I'll use them.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

People need to be honest just my 2 cents,
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Personally I like to sleep at night.I also have better things to do than scam, but you know to each there own. Eye rolling sigh.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Tue, Mar 24th, 2015 at 01:27 PM.
    ROMEO, lilo0003, super807 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For tomorrow I got: get 3000 bonus points when you spend $10 or more on candy or snacks.
    ROMEO, kimijeen, terry2144 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I will be using my food & snack coupon (4k wus 20$). I was wondering whether FPCs can be used for this offer? I know that sometimes they count towards the total and other times not...just can't remember when, where, what or how!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-I got spend 75.00 save 20.00 for Wednesday -not using
    ROMEO, kimijeen and terry2144 like this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

...And this is why we can't have nice things.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

quoted from d.ot

I will be using my food & snack coupon (4k wus 20$). I was wondering whether FPCs can be used for this offer? I know that sometimes they count towards the total and other times not...just can't remember when, where, what or how!

(sorry, reply with quote doesn't work on my laptop)

No, FPCs won't count towards the total for this. SDM puts FPCs through as code 2002, so it removes the amount from the base amount. That's why SDM is the one place that reliably doesn't charge tax on the product when you use an FPC. Love them for that.

fyi, SDM personalized $ off coupons also won't work towards the total amount, as they are also subtracted from the total and don't get base points for them either.

But $ off manufacturer's coupons will count (they go in as code 2001), even if cashiers don't always realize it.
    ROMEO, d.ot and terry2144 like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used my $2 off Head & Shoulders SDM coupon today at a small non-food store SDM I drove by that I have never been to before. While I was getting ready to leave after paying and there were people still waiting in line, the cashier took the time to go inside a small enclosed room that was next to the cash register and remarked to someone inside the room (who I'm assuming is another employee) "these money off coupons affect our margin; how does head office reimburse us [i.e. that SDM store]?" and then returned to cash out the next person in line.

Thread Information