User Tag List

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree2694Likes

Thread: Horatio update: Post radiation results in

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Thank you Mia, and yes MQ, I need them to step up. Because treatment starts asap.

The Neuro-Surgeon won't do the surgery. He said the tumour is too deep and he'd do more harm than good by cracking me open and trying to do another resection. However, I will be doing 28 rounds of radiation to the brain, Mon-Fri, over the course of 6 weeks. My team believes that chemotherapy won't be necessary as radiation should do the trick and will be monitoring with MRI's during and after radiation. I go back to Juravinski tomorrow for a CT Scan and to get a mold of my face/head done for my radiation mask and my treatment should start next week.

Name:  imma.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  71.6 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Nuke that Horatio arse into oblivion!

Wishing you the best, Tara!
    Andit, TaraF, Patty Smyth and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Good luck with your treatment, keep fighting, keep eating right, keep smiling.
    Andit, Natalka, TaraF and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thinking of you this morning and hoping your questions were addressed at the meeting yesterday and that you're plan of attacking Horatio is well in place.
    Know that you're in my prayers and thoughts every night....{{{hugging you}}}

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Thank you Ladies, I'm giving it my all! I'm kinda feisty like that. Lynn, the team (all like 12 of them) addressed all questions, they were very thorough. I had a gut feeling going in that the surgeon wouldn't or couldn't operate, hence the quick appointment. I left the office yesterday thinking I'd get a call next week to come in for my CT Scan and get a mask made. I was home 1 hr yesterday when they called and want me in today at 2pm to get it done. Radiation starts within 4 days after the mask is completed so with it being a weekend I hope I get a schedule today and not just a phone call Monday to come in Tuesday. lol But with how things have been moving, I wouldn't doubt it. My Oncologist commented on how much hair I had *note had*, and said it may get in the way of casting, I said I planned on donating it anyways. So last night I got it cut and was able to grab 14" to donate to wigs for cancer patients. I was hoping for more but this will have to do. I now have a graduated bob. It will be easier to blow dry! Name:  hair.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  25.5 KB
    Last edited by TaraF; Fri, Aug 8th, 2014 at 08:17 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Best of luck Tara. We know you can and will beat this. Just look to Loocie for strength if you ever need it.
    Andit, Natalka, TaraF and 6 others like this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Oh and this is the the mask I'm getting made today, though my mask will end at my neck and not go over my shoulders. I lay on the table where the mask is placed over my face and neck and then it is bolted onto the table for each radiation session. Lets hope I'm not claustrophobic.

Name:  mask2.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  69.1 KB
    Last edited by TaraF; Fri, Aug 8th, 2014 at 09:52 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, Tara...just seeing your hair cut like that brought tears to my eyes....Even facing this, you think of others. Dear child, you are a wonder....
    We're here for you, Hon...all the way though this skirmish you're facing in your war against Horatio....Take care of yourself, Tara....
    ps thee attachment didn't open for me....
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Aug 8th, 2014 at 08:39 AM.
    Judstir, Andit, TaraF and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Thank you electric, and trust me I do look to loocie, and others like her. Lynn I had been growing my hair to donate it, but being faced with treatment that may damage my hair in some way I wanted to donate it now before it ruined it. I was told I could lose my hair but shouldn't from my radiation, but where they are doing it the hair may grow back thinner or not at all. Just call me Donald Trump because it will be COMB OVER time. lol

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

And, so nice that you are still thinking of others by donating your hair!

I got mine cut last month, donated a 13 inch ponytail.
    Andit, TaraF, Patty Smyth and 5 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tara I am so sorry to read about what you have been going through but I am in awe of you. To be thinking of others at this time is amazing. You are an angel. Your positive attitude and strength is an inspiration to others
    May God help you in kicking Horatios butt!!!!
    Hugs

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

thanks for the most recent posts Tara. That mask procedure does seem as it might be a tad claustrophobic ( to me I mean) but we know you have all your ducks in a row with this round. Go get 'em! ( Horatio I mean ) Oh and loved the Donald Trump comb-over reference.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks for the update, you have an amazing positive attitude,keep it up!
    Still praying for you.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Natalka, I feel like helping others helps me heal. Besides, I'd rather have control over my hair and not horatio. That's awesome you donated your pony! Very nice! Did you know it takes 12 donated pony tails to make 1 wig? That's kind of crazy.

ladyd1116, thank you do much. I figure it takes as much energy to be negative as it does positive, so why not be happy? Makes way more sense to me.

Walks... walks... oh walks... that mask. I HATE IT! Getting it made was horrible! Feeling it shrinking and tightening against my face was like the worst feeling ever. I can't move at all in it, not even my lips. It's so constricting it's just horrible. But I guess that's the purpose of it.

Thank you Skippy. I really appreciate the prayers, I totally know they help.

I was told today that I will recieve a call early next week with my first 3 radiation appointments as I don't have them yet, and at my first appointment I should get my full schedule.

Funny story time. I had to meet with a bunch of people today to get this horrendous mask made and the first guy was going over how it was going to be done. So he has a camera with him and says he needs to take my picture because they have so many patients that come through and so many moulds. I said "so you just want to make sure you have the right mask for the right patient? Well that's important". He goes "Exactly, we don't want to do the wrong treatment on the wrong person." I said "I absolutely appreciate that, because if I come in here and you start radiation on my prostate I won't be happy." The poor guy busted a gut and didn't know what to do with himself. LOL

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I'm sending you good wishes for a smooth ride through your treatments and beyond. You are one of the soldiers on the front lines of this cancer fight. You are very brave. When it might seem scary that noise you hear will be US cheering you on from every part of this country!
    Andit, TaraF, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information