User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree192Likes

Thread: Americans with Ebola given secret drug..

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SharonMe View Post
    I might start carrying my own soap now not just sanitizer.
    Dollarama (at least the one here) actually sells soap leaves that you stick in your purse! You can buy soap leaves at natural stores too but they are of course more expensive. They are great to have when run into a situation where you are somewhere that has no soap (like my unfortunate Timmies incident) but I didn't have any on me. I'm stocking up next time I can.
    Lynn49 and SharonMe like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 10:32 AM.
    SharonMe likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Dollarama (at least the one here) actually sells soap leaves that you stick in your purse!
    Thanks for that tip. Great idea. I'm going to look out for them and for now I've cut up a soap bar in little cubes and will keep some in a pouch in my purse. I recently had a situation where there was no soap in one public washroom, I went into another just as someone was leaving. This one had soap but the person didn't bother to flush. Yuck. Now I'm packing my soap. It's war.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ I've used soap leaves, too - they are very cool. Come in a little packet, very handy.
    ----
    2nd health care worker tests positive for Ebola at Dallas hospital

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/15/health...bola-outbreak/

WHO warns there could be 10,000 new cases of Ebola every week for next two months - as death rate increases to 70%

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...wo-months.html

TaraF and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Natalka I was just reading that about the second Dallas nurse. Very unfortunate and very troubling to read. They just don't know how to handle it. Inadequate training? Maybe they (the powers that be) need to take training seriously and give these frontline workers the proper training, because if there were a serious outbreak in North America and all of our Drs and Nurses were to become infected, who takes care of us?

The Nurses Union in Dallas is fighting back against the CDC saying there was no protocol broken because there was no protocol in place for their nurses.

Nurses were forced to use medical tape to secure openings in their flimsy garments, worried that their necks and heads were exposed as they cared for a patient with explosive diarrhea and projectile vomiting, said Deborah Burger of National Nurses United.
    Among the nurses' allegations was that the Ebola patient's lab samples were allowed to travel through the hospital's pneumatic tubes, opening the possibility of contaminating the specimen delivery system. The nurses also alleged that hazardous waste was allowed to pile up to the ceiling.
    Of course we're now entering the He said/She said phase of the argument but IF these allegations are true on the nurses end, is it any wonder that the nurses are coming down with Ebola? I sit here on one hand and think "they couldn't be THAT dumb, could they?" but on the other hand I know that if you've never dealt with this before and don't have an action plan in place, what do you do? You fumble through it as best you can. And that sounds like exactly what happened.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and lecale like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 10:32 AM.
    TaraF and SharonMe like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

One would think. But so goes the saying, "you work with what you've got". And if say... the CDC (or whatever agency) hasn't shipped any specific outfits/information on how to wear said outfits, if no one has trained them to wear it, etc, you're pretty much flying on a wing and a prayer.
    Lynn49 and lecale like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So sad to hear of another young woman contracting this disease. I heard this morning that when he was in the hospital for the second time, he was left in the hallway, in public, for "several hours" according to a nurse on tv, fully exposing anyone to ebola! Anyone could have come in contact with him at that stage!

Where are those yellow hazmat suits for the primary care workers in north American hospitals?! Personally, I think each hospital should have several FULLY trained and outfitted staff who primarily deal with ebola patients, and not any willy-nilly chosen nurse on shift that day. This must be made a specialized field of expertise!

This, I fear is going to get a lot worse before the situation is safely resolved!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I don't see containment anywhere in the near future. I think this is going to be THE one that gets out. Population control thanks to mother nature.
    TaraF, Lynn49 and SharonMe like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

How can there be containment when the nurse who recently tested positive traveled on a commercial airline the Monday before testing positive for ebola. Do they not require all caregiver for patient zero to limit their exposure to others and definitely not to travel?
    Patty Smyth and Tbites like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SharonMe View Post
    How can there be containment when the nurse who recently tested positive traveled on a commercial airline the Monday before testing positive for ebola. Do they not require all caregiver for patient zero to limit their exposure to others and definitely not to travel?
    I don't think they are at this point. I read the excerpts from the link Naltaka posted regarding front line nurses in Liberia and while I was inspired by the courage of these people I was shocked that the statement below was made by one of them. I guess my concern is that they leave and get sick while travelling, I am sorry but containment of these heroic people should be mandatory.

"I am worried about the backlash against healthcare workers who are responding to the crisis in West Africa. I have heard media reports calling for people such as me who have been treating Ebola patients to be quarantined for 21 or even 42 days. These ideas are not based on the medical facts. People only need to be quarantined if they are showing symptoms and if you do not have a fever, there is no risk of you transmitting Ebola to someone. We work really hard here, the hours are long and the work is physically and emotionally tiring. When we get time off every six weeks, I would like to think I can travel anywhere I want to but I suspect we are reaching a situation where I am not going to be welcome in many places."
    Tbites and SharonMe like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 10:33 AM.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

They are at least contacting the passengers that were on Monday's flight of the second nurse to inform them she was on their flight. While they are saying the chance of them contracting Ebola is low they would like them to reach out to the CDC so that they can be monitored for any symptoms.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I think I'll just stay home this winter; it'll be survival of the grannies.
    Natalka, TaraF, lecale and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Here is an interesting article on Fearbola. lol Okay, I get it. People can and do become hypochondriacs. But I also don't think people questioning things, being concerned, even having fear is necessarily a bad thing. If people don't trust the government and branches of the government such as the CDC in the US and Health Canada here in Canada, they have no one to blame but themselves, Governments that is. The article does make many good points, does media overdo things? Yes. But that's the business they are in. But I think for the most part people talking about Ebola isn't a bad thing, infact it's a good thing. And hopefully we can eventually turn that dialogue into something constructive. Hopefully. And if there is an outbreak that reaches North America, perhaps because people have been talking about it for this long and thinking about it that they may have some fraction of an idea of what to or not to do.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information