User Tag List

Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Like Tree6182Likes

Thread: "Fall" into September Savings

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good Morning All,

Both kiddos are off to school.

Now waiting to hear back from the principal about the pants, won't hold my breath as he may not call today.

Dishes are done, beds are made, laundry from yesterday is folded and put away, today's laundry is in the wash and will hang outside to dry shortly.

Need to decide what to do with the bananas, may make Jaden's banana streusel muffins and something else but time will tell as I don't feel like baking .

Dh will be back on Friday that will have been 2 long weeks away, looking forward to seeing him for sure.

I am supposed to go to my parents the first week in October for a few days but just noticed that dh has an appointment on the Wednesday and he likes me to attend as he doesn't speak up and last time he got super upset at the doctor with good cause and she got upset too so I will need to decide when I will be heading to the folks as hubby then leaves again on Friday, Oct. 10th. I only plan to spend 2 nights so it's not a long visit but a nice visit hopefully none the less.

I need some advice personally, when I was hospitalized 4 years ago because of severe depression I was not myself for many years, still not perfect but much better. Anyways my eldest brother and myself have made amends as I basically went into seclusion didn't bother with my brothers at all because I didn't wanted to socialize or have to answer those uncomfortable questions if you know what I mean. Anyways db1 and I see each other at birthdays for parents and nieces functions which is nice. He called 2 weeks ago BUT didn't call me on my birthday, my mom said it's her birthday and he said it's her turn to call me or well. But what really is making me uncomfortable is that db2 has not made any attempts to contact me, I have left him messages over the years and had no return calls BUT his girlfriend is a really crazy lady (seriously), I was also defriended on facebook , I know it wasn't him but her. Anyways I have been putting off calling because 1) I don't want to speak with his girlfriend and 2) He is the type of guy that would give me **** on the phone vs. starting a new. What do you girls thinks???? Should I just call, I am getting a lot of pressure from my mom to make amends and I just brush it off but I do miss him as well. And it would be nice to grab a cup of coffee alone when visiting my folks.

Thanks for listening and don't forget to vote for the October frugal chatter name!!!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

lilo if you have unlimited gigabytes with your internet provide that could solve and resolve the cable issue as you can watch many shows online via the network etc....and lots of folks have netflixs best of luck in your decision. I would could bazooka without tv even though at times and yes many times there is nothing on, I mostly put it on for the noise factor. We went 2 years with bunny years and I never got used to not having satellite.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    We cut our cable to basic last month and they is nothing on so we are thinking of going cold turkey. I am not sure I am ready for that frugal leap
    We are on basic cable, it's enough for us - I watch way more online than I do on the TV.
    I'd be fine with no cable, but we have a great bundle with internet so it's not really worth cutting it out altogether. Husband actually likes watching the "B" movies and odd shows...

For you, I guess it depends what would be available with digital bunny ears (it's a box, right?) in your area - I don't really know how that works.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

J&C - tough situation you are in... But what's telling to me is that you do miss your brother, so contact him!
    I have an older brother who is a complete arse, and now I only keep in touch when family things make it necessary (we are six siblings). I don't miss him, so that's the difference I see with you and your brother.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hoping everyone has a great start to the week!

Had a great supper and visit with our son yesterday! He gushed over the baking and food I sent with him - and said that the cinnabon cake from last week which I sent home with him caused his roomies to fall off their no-carb diet, lol!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Had a wonderful time with friends yesterday - 7 humans, 3 dogs and lots of yummy food. I behaved myself and didn`t crawl all over the floor making a fool of myself playing with the pups like I usually do...well, not as much of a fool. My spinach dip was a hit, so was the hot cheese dip I brought to make the celery sticks palatable (hey, if we`re going to at least try to eat healthy, we have to make it taste good, right? ).

Brats were a wee bit upset with me, Lily dog cause I didn`t bring food home, Quincy cat cause I had doggy smells all over me. He was not impressed with my choice of dining companions. I debated taking him with me, but didn`t want him to be terrorized by pups his size (he only tells off big doggies ).

Have errands to run, have housework to do, and all I really want to do is take a nap in the sun with the brats. We`ll see what the day brings.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I need some advice personally, when I was hospitalized 4 years ago because of severe depression I was not myself for many years, still not perfect but much better. Anyways my eldest brother and myself have made amends as I basically went into seclusion didn't bother with my brothers at all because I didn't wanted to socialize or have to answer those uncomfortable questions if you know what I mean. Anyways db1 and I see each other at birthdays for parents and nieces functions which is nice. He called 2 weeks ago BUT didn't call me on my birthday, my mom said it's her birthday and he said it's her turn to call me or well. But what really is making me uncomfortable is that db2 has not made any attempts to contact me, I have left him messages over the years and had no return calls BUT his girlfriend is a really crazy lady (seriously), I was also defriended on facebook , I know it wasn't him but her. Anyways I have been putting off calling because 1) I don't want to speak with his girlfriend and 2) He is the type of guy that would give me **** on the phone vs. starting a new. What do you girls thinks???? Should I just call, I am getting a lot of pressure from my mom to make amends and I just brush it off but I do miss him as well. And it would be nice to grab a cup of coffee alone when visiting my folks.

Thanks for listening and don't forget to vote for the October frugal chatter name!!!

What about writing him a letter - sometimes it`s easier than with a phone call where you can get interrupted or flustered? It also shows that you put in more effort than with an email. Hopefully, you can send it to his workplace, just so you know he gets it and the gf won`t hide or destroy it. Maybe make it about his nephews wanting to see him, that way the door is opened and you can start again?

Hopefully, things work out well.

I`m very lucky in that the only one in my extended family who`s difficult (to put it mildly!) is my cousin`s wife (she thinks she`s G-d`s gift to the world & for some insane reason so does he ). It doesn`t affect me at all (they`re in Europe), but I feel really bad for my Aunt, cause if she says anything, the witch threatens to never let her see her grandchildren.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nancy its really hard to know what to say -but i hear ya -my brother and I are not close anymore(since 6 and a half years ago-when I took my mom in)i saw him twice last year-once in hortons and another at a house party(In which we were ignored)but I called him on his birthday In may and he did call me the other night on my birthtday-it was small chichat-I know our relationship will never be the same-so its hard to say nancy( know don't need stress as I guess you dont want it either)

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Nancy, I really have no advice for you. I come from the most dysfunctional family possible.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    quite please, laundry is done and put away.
    kitchen is spotless, living room is tidied and ready for tv night.
    bathrooms are rearranged and cleaned.
    back yard is ready for winter.
    only plan now is to winterize my boots.
    and.. bake banana bread.. any body wanna do it.. poor bananas. keep getting put off.
    I made banana bread last night with our bananas that needed to be used up. Put M&Ms in them because i couldnt find my bag of chocolate chips!

my mistake it was sweet sparrow not you, sorry for the confusion!
    Its all good I thought i was getting really tired and forgetting things!

Mrs. S. I have bananas that need to be used up as well.

coupon girl your supper sounded delish

saundyl great job on all you got done

wishing everyone a wonderful and restful sleep!

PS I finished/completed my filing & filing cabinet challenge, I could not remember if I posted this or not so....it's done!
    Thank you. I did the purse clean out challenge - actually did my purse and my work backpack. Both seem lighter now!

Good Morning All,

Both kiddos are off to school.

Now waiting to hear back from the principal about the pants, won't hold my breath as he may not call today.

Dishes are done, beds are made, laundry from yesterday is folded and put away, today's laundry is in the wash and will hang outside to dry shortly.

Need to decide what to do with the bananas, may make Jaden's banana streusel muffins and something else but time will tell as I don't feel like baking .

Dh will be back on Friday that will have been 2 long weeks away, looking forward to seeing him for sure.

I am supposed to go to my parents the first week in October for a few days but just noticed that dh has an appointment on the Wednesday and he likes me to attend as he doesn't speak up and last time he got super upset at the doctor with good cause and she got upset too so I will need to decide when I will be heading to the folks as hubby then leaves again on Friday, Oct. 10th. I only plan to spend 2 nights so it's not a long visit but a nice visit hopefully none the less.

I think when it comesto birthdays - whose turn it is to call shouldnt matter. In regards to your other brother - it sounds like you have attempted to make amends and hes not responding. I would ask your parents perhaps to invite him out when you are there so you can see each other in neutral grounds. If he refuses the the ball is in his court and its his problem to be making attempts not yours.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! We cleaned the garage for the most part on the weekend (sorted stuff, garbage out, bags of leaves out, garden stuff to the shed, wine bottles sorted etc) Now I have a few tables in there and the stuff I'm selling. Figured I would work on posting it for sale in the next month and what doesn't sell will be bagged up and put up in the garage for a Spring garage sale. It's not allowed back in the house! So the garage is much better now and won't take long to tidy up last minute for parking

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I bought a family pack of lean ground beef on Saturday on for $2.98LB.($10.50 was the package price)
    I made burger patties (so 12 in total) and wrapped and put in freezer. Need another beef deal! I don't like $3 LB

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

So this week I am going to try and use my crock-pot each day and plan for big meals. I'm going to try and save the burgers for the weekend and another future meal. I know I have a bag of porkchops, chicken breast for sure to use up. Will have carrots and potatoes and salad with it. Tonight I will dig in the freezer to see what I have to use up. Cut up my carrots and potatoes and put in water. Figure out how to make homemade mac and cheese since I have all the ingredients. (DS loves it and Grandma makes this all the time but I need to learn!) Go through my back to school snack/food bin and pull what I should be using up the next few weeks. Sort and hide DS's gaterade for hockey (I do not pay $3 at the arena. I but on sale and bring with me for after a game now and then for a treat) Basically I want to work in the kitchen tonight and get us ready for the week and make sure the freezer is getting cleaned out.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today is a PD day, so LO is home with me for the day. DH an LO got their hair cut last Wednesday, but the hair dresser did a VERY bad job on LO and wouldn't fix it properly. I'm NOT taking him back to her ever again. The stupid thing is that I even told her that he was having pictures taken today. I need to trim around his ears because she completely missed some pieces, most of the rest of the mistakes are on the back of his head...so not what the pictures will be showing. So I need to give him a bath and get going for the day.
    11:00 LO's free Birthday pictures at WM
    2:00 Dr appointment for the two of us. I have to get the paperwork filled out for the wheelchair sign for my truck again because it expires in November. I'm hoping that she doesn't charge me for filling out he form. I have to pay $10 the provincial government every time I need a new sign.
    edit: the Dr office is attached to a NF location, so I plan on grocery shopping after the appointment. I have a bonus offer of 10,000pts for every $50 I spend.
    6:00 LO's gymnastics class. I'll be on the floor with him again tonight, but I have encouraged DH to come and sit it in the waiting area so that he can watch us for the first time. Dh will occasionally have to take LO to gymnastics because of my volunteer schedule.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Sep 29th, 2014 at 12:19 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

everyone's been busy busy..
    we were off this morning to help mom. she needed a ride to a clinic, for her treatments. will be going back soon.
    spent the morning with dh. once mom is home, dh is going to grab a nap before work, while i'll finish a project.
    its soo nice out. just not liking the bees too much.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast

Thread Information