User Tag List

Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Like Tree6182Likes

Thread: "Fall" into September Savings

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Okay, I am being lazy this morning and do not want to go and do what I need to get done.

Over the past few weeks I have been able to get some great deals, here is what I have been able to pick up:

3 weeks ago 25 lbs of Roma Tomatoes should have been $8.99 but tomatoes were not rip and had a few marks so got them for $4.99 = $0.20/lb

Last weekend was my huge haul

12 x Ivory Body Wash (709 ml) $1.97 (PM Freshco) - $2.00 WUB 2 = $0.97/each
    2 x Dove Conditioner (355 ml) $1.97 (PM Freshco) - $1.00 = $0.97/each
    2 x Dove Shampoo (355 ml) $1.97 (PM Freshco) - $1.00 = $0.97/each
    8 x Lysol Wipes (35s) $1.49 (PM Freshco) - $2.00 WUB 2 = $0.49/each

I price matched all of the above at Superstore last Saturday on No Tax day so I paid no tax

As well I also got
    8 x Dawn Dish Soap (709 ml) $0.99 (PM Price Smart BC) - $2.00 WUB 2 = $+0.01/bottle
    I could not price match at SuperStore as it was a BC flyer but there was a CO51 rebate of $0.50 we broke it into two transactions, I bought 4 and and mom bought 4 so with the rebate it covered the taxes and the dish soap was completely free.

This week I got

At Costco
    2 x Campbell Chicken Broth (6 x 900 ml) $7.79/package = $1.30/each

At Superstore
    10 x Milk Chocolate Chipits $2.50 - 50% Sticker = $1.25/bag = $12.50 - $1.50 (CartSmart) = $11.00

As well I accept Nancy's challenge I have bought the following
    1 x Advil Cold & Sinus Plus $8.94 - $3.00 = $5.94
    3 x Advil Cold & Sinus $8.94 - $3.00 = $5.94
    1 x Advil Cold & Sinus Night $8.94 - $4.00 = $4.94

I think I am stocked up and best part is the 3 Advil Cold and Sinus came with Spin & Win codes. Yes I have serious sinus issues, some days my sinuses hate me but I cannot continually go on Antibiotics because they do not get along well with my tummy so I try to do everything lately to avoid them.
    Ashely you got some superb bargains for sure over the last few weeks, never enough dish soap and at that price

And the price on your over the counter meds is great, thanks for taking part in the challenge as there is nothing worse than feeling under the weather and having to run to the store

If you are done the challenge let me know and I will stamp COMPLETED!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    As for the challenge of stocking up on cold meds, I'm not allowed anything (I'm already on heavy-duty transplant drugs) so the only thing I'll pick up is ginger ($1.97 lb at NF this week). Now, let's see if I have room in my freezer (maybe that can be the next challenge - organizing one's fridge/freezer? or am I the only one whose freezer contains nothing but ice cream and dog food? ).
    Yes another person who accepted the challenge, thanks for taking part and let me know when you are done, I think I said atleast a month but it's your own timeline

Freezers and space are a never ending battle and the ice build ups . My problem is that my stand up needs to be defrosted but where you put all the stuff while it defrost but I will accept your challenge when you decide to do yours, let me know or post on here, I think there are quite a few that need to do this BUT have been putting it off (for some strange reason)
    Andit, Crochetlady and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Update on my Advil purchase, I just went to put it away and pulled all the SpinUWin stickers to see they are expired. I have now sent an email saying how disappointed I am in the fact I never saw any of these packages until the promotion was over and that the expiry date is on the back of the sticker and you do not know it is expired until the product is purchased (Unless they want us to rip their boxes in the store to check). As well not so sure I would have been inclined to purchased 3 boxes if I knew SpinUWin was not valid because in all honesty I was hoping to get the coupons for later purchases as lets face it Advil is no longer cheap and in a house where we go through a lot of any savings help a lot.
    Oh Ashley how disappointed for sure, that sucks, I hope they send you some coupons to compensate for the expired spinUwin stickers

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Hi All,
    Good morning.
    Trying to do a light shop today, as last weekend was a heavy shop.
    Want to get a few things from Walmart.....if there's any left, and want to pick up some of the fries and onions rings too. Away from that, I just need bread, fruits and juice. That should be good until Friday.
    FBM thanks for the price on the Tylenol at Walmart, I shall pick some up when I go out. Then I'll be all set in case any flu/colds/fever etc. comes this way.
    Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend, and to those that are under the weather, take care of yourself.
    The onions rings are amazing but for freezer space take them out of the packaging as it's just a small bag with about 12 onion rings in each box, saves tons of room and you can fit a lot more in the freezer.

Yeah another person who accepted the challenge, hoping you find everything you need BUT ask for a rain cheque if they are out (just my 2 cents).

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Ashley you got some great deals there-have a great day in memory of your nana
    -jasper will take you up on that offer -but I have no coupons for the tylenol-may buy buckles cough candy

well was up at 5.00 this morning nose congested-went back to sleep and daughter called at 8.30 nd woke me "I thought you got up early"yes but I am sick "still"was he comment
    -well i made some homemade chicken soup at 10.00-ate it at 1200-put 2 cloves of garlic in for flavour carrots ,onions-so good I was -I am gonna knock this outta me
    -my dentist called cause my gum surery Is on wednesdy i told her I will let her know how I feel Monday
    -but guess what I am feeling a bit better
    Aw coupon girl this cold/flu is really hard to shake I can tell you, now we are at the congestion breaking down and need to be spit out (sorry ladies for the graphic images in your head) . Hope you feel better soon AND thanks for taking part in the "cold/flu challenge", hope you find some good coupons. We have atlest a month to complete the challenge or longer as everyone is to set their own timelines, I'm hoping to find some Dayquil/Nyquil coupons so if anyone sees any let me know what stores, thanks

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

good day all.
    its quite cooler today and windy. if i get the energy only good for baking .
    anyway. not in a good mood.
    there was a little 'drama' here yesterday between dh/ds, myself and 'our girlies'. sadly they don't respect us enough to understand how to talk to us like were adults.
    they each consider us their 'besties' , unfortunately a line was crossed yesterday and dh/ds/i are very upset.
    all the work i have put into xmas gifts i feel is wasted as we no longer want anything to do with them.
    thankfully i can rehome /use what i've made. but still.

maybe i need to eat. i tend to get grumpy when hungry.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning. Made ds eggs and toast for breakfast. We leave soon for the arena. Hockey. Making a batch of pasta sauce for the freezer this afternoon. Then will clean out the fridge and make grocery list. We don't need much it appears. Been invited for steak dinner with family so that saves cooking/ mess here which is nice. Better toss a load of laundry on now. Have a great day
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good Morning All.

Happy news - my pups vet visit was "only" 187.37" which is less than the expected 200-300 dollars I was thinkin.Poor beastie has a yeast infection in her nail beds. 21 days of drugs in pill form as well as meds applied to her toes and ears for the infection. She now has a "Cone of Shame" and as soon as its on she flopps over and lays there for 2 hours. Yesterday she did try walking around but kept getting caught on the door frames, Couches and the ridges on the floor at door frames.

The vet reccomended that I take her to a groomer and have her feet shaved right down until the infection is gone. However I do her grooming myself so after our visit to the vet i sat her on a towel on the table and did her feet. I've decided I'm going to invest in some better tweezers so i can do her ears better myself. The 90 dollar visit every month to have it down will KILL my budget.

I spent 79 dollars on groceries yesterday - loaf of bread. huge bag of rice (jasmine), lg jar of pickles, 3 pounds of hambuger, hot dogs, kd, bag of shredded cheese and some mini chocolate bars.

I will be picking up some chicken breast, pergoies, sour cream and some side pork this afternoon.

Meal plan for the week
    Monday - Baked spahgetti and sauce with some chilli and some ribs from the freezer (kind of a left over night)
    Tuesday - Garlic Sausage and Pergoies
    Wednesday - Hamburger helper
    Thursday - Either Baked KD (has a layer of cooked kd, a package of hotdogs, layer of KD then topped with shredded cheese and parmesan cheese) OR Chicken alfredo

Friday-Sunday BF gets to decide because hes home and we have the boys.

I'm hoping to get around to going through the freezer and making a list of what we currently have in it.
    Also am going to dig my onions.

I've started on christmas gifts - I have 13 extended family members to buy for this year (my max is $40 per person buying on sale for totalling less though) plus my bf and the boys. (planning to spend 200 of bf and 100 each on the boys - BF can spend 100 each on the boys as well.)

I've gotten two of my sisters and my grandmas gifts completely done including stocking stuffers. I've picked up a couple other stocking stuffers AND come up with a few good ideas for others. Swagbucks is helping me out with amazon stuff as I can lower my costs. My challenge is what to get BF's mom and the two great neices that will be spending christmas with us. (ages 4 and 8)

My 52 week savings challenge is helping to fund christmas. Next year it will be funding christmas plus a $350 payment to my business loan to get it paid off by july instead of September.

Laundry is started for the day. I've been knitting and watching "The Heat" yesterday i watched "identity theif" alone and then "Blended" with my bf and the boys.

I let my friend know that she needs to find someone for the next few days to look after the kidlets - We have the boys and I cant get a meal ready, the boys fed and delivered to various sports n groups between 5 and 6 pm. I was rushed enough as it was last week trying to just get myself fed between work and when i had to be at their place to watch the kids.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am very impressed by those who are already working on their Xmas shopping-I have to admit I haven't even thought about it yet! I have two loaves of oatmeal pumpkin bread in the oven-hope it turns out and I figure it will be good for school lunches. I popped into Walmart today to look for some healthy type school lunch snacks-all I bought was greek yogurt and plain almonds-so much of what I saw was junk. Anyway I try to keep some healthy home baking in the freezer. Think I will be using the thermos lots and getting creative-pulled pork and a bun is the current favourite!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Thank you all for the advice on reaching out to my newly unemployed friend and his family. This week, I invited them to come by as we had some lovely ice cream in the freezer that we "really needed help with". That part is true. We only have a small freezer on top of the fridge so it's premium real estate. No response at all. I partly think I won't see him until he finds a job so he doesn't feel like he can't provide for his family. I wish people wouldn't think like that. We didn't offer money or supplies, only some time spent together in a show of support. I'm still glad I did it though. At least the invite leaves the door open in case he does want to visit.

Sometime soon, I'll have LO packing our boxes to donate to Operation Christmas Child. She loves putting things in boxes and everything in the boxes was purchased on sale, free, donated, or from the dollar store. It may take another $20 this year to fill them, and then some extra for the shipping costs. We won't go into debt to give to others, but it's a real sense of joy to be able to give to others and focus less on your own issues when there doesn't seem to be anything that can be done.

As for the challenges, I've cleaned out my bag, but I've yet to go through my files. Laundry must happe
    en first!
    oh sweet sparrow you have no reason to be embarrassed about your situation, we all have different circumstances and challenges in our lives and the best part about our frugal chatter group is that WE DON'T JUDGE we only offer KIND SUPPORT and ADVICE!!! And it's a place where we can tell tales of our ups and downs, we all have them, no need to apologize or be embarrassed.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Wed, Sep 24th, 2014 at 01:31 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

saundyl great job on the Christmas shopping & meal planning. You are so organized. Hope your dog feels better soon!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I am very impressed by those who are already working on their Xmas shopping-I have to admit I haven't even thought about it yet! I have two loaves of oatmeal pumpkin bread in the oven-hope it turns out and I figure it will be good for school lunches. I popped into Walmart today to look for some healthy type school lunch snacks-all I bought was greek yogurt and plain almonds-so much of what I saw was junk. Anyway I try to keep some healthy home baking in the freezer. Think I will be using the thermos lots and getting creative-pulled pork and a bun is the current favourite!
    YUM almonds
    I kinda started last year with christmas sales - knowing my mom likes those little villages I picked some stuff up for her and stored it all year. I got something fro my one sister but...It turned into her birthday gift- being mailed out this week.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    good day all.
    its quite cooler today and windy. if i get the energy only good for baking .
    anyway. not in a good mood.
    there was a little 'drama' here yesterday between dh/ds, myself and 'our girlies'. sadly they don't respect us enough to understand how to talk to us like were adults.
    they each consider us their 'besties' , unfortunately a line was crossed yesterday and dh/ds/i are very upset.
    all the work i have put into xmas gifts i feel is wasted as we no longer want anything to do with them.
    thankfully i can rehome /use what i've made. but still.

maybe i need to eat. i tend to get grumpy when hungry.
    Mrs. S. sorry to here about the disrespect with the friends, hugs to you and your dh & ds.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    saundyl great job on the Christmas shopping & meal planning. You are so organized. Hope your dog feels better soon!
    Thank you. I was telling my bf i need to do better with meal planning lately because it feels like i keep making spur of the moment runs for groceries.

I think my pup was starting to feel better already last night. I can see a difference in her feet and ears already- they arent near as vivid of a red and seem less swollen. I havent been saying STOP licking every 10 minutes either.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Mrs. S. sorry to here about the disrespect with the friends, hugs to you and your dh & ds.
    I'm sorry too Mr.S.!

Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Thread Information