User Tag List

Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Like Tree6182Likes

Thread: "Fall" into September Savings

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

angela congrats on your early bookings
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well hubby and I are going to Kitchener for a drive today -just a nice fall drive maybe a farmers market -at least I think we are who knows he may not feel like driving that far may end up somewhere else -any way its a fun day for us -never mind the laundry ,cooking etc -my fridge freezer is no full of homemade chilI,potatoe soup,garllc chicken soup-ready for me(hubby doent like anything he grew up on kraft dinner-he is very picky-just like your family nancy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Beautiful sunrise this morning, the sun was like a fireball. Here`s hoping it means heat on the way.

Name:  022.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  23.8 KB

Lost a day somewhere, so today will be a busy baking day. Have lunch plans tomorrow with a nice group of humans and their canine roommates, so banana bread and pb or cheese cookies are on the agenda. Might try my hand at beet cookies, if I get really ambitious. At least if my experiments fail, I know I have at least one taste tester willing to dispose of the evidence.

Was such a nice day yesterday, I took my girl up to the rooftop for some fresh air and sunshine. I think she enjoyed herself.

Name:  012.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  183.0 KB

Notice I didn`t say we went for exercise, since some of us are only interested in sitting on benches.

Quincy cat decided to spend all day sleeping in his box. I think he had enough fresh air the other day when we went to spy on the construction workers and someone started up a jackhammer. For a big wannabe bully, he can be very clingy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Well we were supposed to go shopping today but I woke up with no ambition. We will see how the day goes might run out to No Frills and see how much I can get there or I may not, only time will tell. I kind of hate days like this, I had so much planned for this weekend and at this point it is all up in the air as to what will get done.

Not sure what will get done today yet, I think a meal plan is a must have we did well last week without one but I am really looking to simplify things for this upcoming week. Last week was completely insane, we finished booking at work as well our price increase was announced so order desk ran around like chicken with our heads chopped off and could not get ahead. We actually had to start pulling orders off the truck because the trucks were not big enough and according to shippers it has been like playing tetras to load the trucks at night. I think everyone is hoping for a little slower pace this week, although we are still processing booking orders as they came in before the deadline but we could not get them processed.

Sitting here looking at everything I should be doing but yeah it just is not happening yet, maybe later, right now I am catching up on my PVR. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Andit.. love those pics. esp. the one with the CN tower in the back

up way too early. hit a few good sales. many good bargains.
    now.. back to bed for a nap. LOL
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

wow where did everyone go....
    ok i know i went back to bed for a couple of hours.. didn't mean you all had to go too.,.
    anyway did quite well at the sales this morning.
    i was so tempted to go back to the one before it was finished. but hubby said..ugh uh.
    now im supposed to be working on laundry.. its so nice out..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

So in addition to the kidney & pancreas, I think I might need a brain transplant soon. Thought I was supposed to bring dessert tomorrow, turns out it`s appetizers. No problem, I just have to run out to the store to pick up a few things. I get all my items, get ready to pay, & pull out my nice little bag of homemade doggy treats instead of my wallet. Darn cashier wouldn`t accept cookies in lieu of cash, so I had to leave my groceries and go all the way home for my wallet, then all the way back.

I feel like such an idiot.

On the plus side, the cashier and the folks behind me in line did have a good laugh.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Oh Andi I`m glad I`m not the only one who does things like that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-got back at 5.00 from Kitchener-boy was that nice went to the farmers market in Kitchener-free parking underground til 3.00 -wish our city did that -paid 3.15 for Havarti cheese-a brick size from fortinos would be 5.99-plus 6 corn on cob for 2.00
    then had wonderfull pizza slice in the market 7.00 for us both -had our own water from home
    -then on to st jacobs sat market-bought some maple syrup 3.25 smaller one -had a chocolate shake
    -oh bought a Melissa and doug wooden puzzle for "ashlyn" for xmas with knobs 12.00no tax-cash only
    -stopped at picards on the way home and ate milk chocolate almonds on the way home
    -fun watching a horse and buggy in front of use -menonites such a simple life
    -such a fun day with hubby

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Thanks everyone. Sometimes I just feel at wits end. There just seems to be no resolution that will fix things.

One employee mentioned that DH should get partial reimbursement for the gas for the commute, but his boss' response was that working there was optional and he was welcome to find another job. (Sigh. If only.)

Next month is thanksgiving and we'll certainly be counting our blessings. No one is seriously ill currently, our car runs, and we can feed LO. As Dorey said in Finding Nemo, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

I'm not looking forward to the cooler weather. The daycare is 40 minutes away and I'll be walking as much as possible to save on transportation costs. We're thinking of moving her to another daycare which is almost an hour away. I'm thinking I'll start taking the bus as soon as it gets dark when I take her home. We've searched for closer daycares, but no luck yet.

Happy birthday and happy anniversary, coupon girl!!

saundyl, hope your pup is feeling better.

Mrs. Sunshine, sorry for the family drama. Hopefully, things can be resolved before Christmas and your efforts won't be wasted.

SassyAshley, a great big hug, right back at you. Thanks.
    I hope things get better for your dh work wise soon!

Dragon is doing much better. Her feet arent near as swollen - still a little pink yet. and the funky smellshe had devleoped has started to recede.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so with dh myself and ds2's help the backyard is now empty and ready for ... winter.. (sigh)
    has anyone used their moss lined hanging baskets again.. i want to put christmas greenery in them and hang them on our front porch. do i need to wash out the moss liner. or leave it as is.

working on laundry now. going to try and get as much done tonite and hang on my moms line tomorrow.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Just finished vacuum sealing 7 bags of ribs for the freezer. Zehrs had them on this week. Hadn`t bought much meat lately because of the cost and we have lots in the freezer, except ribs. We were out of them.
    Andit, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Up extra extra early for some reason. Brats are still in bed, so I have to type quietly. Still have to make the spinach dip, but I won't start on that until everyone's up...don't want to take a chance that someone will get hurt racing to the kitchen.

Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Well my lazy day did not end up being so lazy. I got laundry done, cleaned the front hallway (the boxes now make it towards the box of boxes and end up in the hallway near the box but do not get broken down and put in the box), sorted through two more boxes in my living room. It was not a lot but it was a lot more than I had been planning to do.

Today is going to be spent doing some prep for the week, some stuff for lunches, some stuff for dinners. Maybe if I get really ambitious I will do some baking, we will have to see on this again woke up with very little ambition today.

Spoke to my step mom yesterday she is planning a family vacation for February when my sister is on reading week, asked me if I would like to go. It is not confirmed yet as tickets are not booked but she says it is 98% a go. As well I heard about my sister attending boot camp, she has been going for a few weeks and has already lost 14 lbs. It is temping but I am still worried about the $$$ to go plus it is 3 nights a week after work which will be 3 nights I would have to leave work go to boot camp and than not get home until about 8 pm (one of the draw backs to living in the boonies is most things are quite a drive away, it would be at least an hour there and than an hour home).

2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Well my lazy day did not end up being so lazy. I got laundry done, cleaned the front hallway (the boxes now make it towards the box of boxes and end up in the hallway near the box but do not get broken down and put in the box), sorted through two more boxes in my living room. It was not a lot but it was a lot more than I had been planning to do.

Today is going to be spent doing some prep for the week, some stuff for lunches, some stuff for dinners. Maybe if I get really ambitious I will do some baking, we will have to see on this again woke up with very little ambition today.

Spoke to my step mom yesterday she is planning a family vacation for February when my sister is on reading week, asked me if I would like to go. It is not confirmed yet as tickets are not booked but she says it is 98% a go. As well I heard about my sister attending boot camp, she has been going for a few weeks and has already lost 14 lbs. It is temping but I am still worried about the $$$ to go plus it is 3 nights a week after work which will be 3 nights I would have to leave work go to boot camp and than not get home until about 8 pm (one of the draw backs to living in the boonies is most things are quite a drive away, it would be at least an hour there and than an hour home).

Ashely great job on getting 2 boxes done

I personally find it's mind over matter per and it's always easier said than done.

A family vacation might do you a lot of good and it's in February which would be an added vacation as you only get Christmas shut down, I say make a list of the pros and cons and then decide.

I hear you about living in the boonies and having to drive everywhere it's definitely a con BUT does have so many pros (just my 2 cents).

Ask your sister to see if they offer guest passess at her boot camp or if you can pay as a drop in customer, maybe easier to see if that is something you would enjoy. Good luck
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Sun, Sep 28th, 2014 at 08:24 AM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast

Thread Information