User Tag List

Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
Like Tree6182Likes

Thread: "Fall" into September Savings

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    J&C wait until it winter, that's when we usually defrost ours. Then you just put everything in the snow and summer cooler outside .
    brilliant thanks for the suggestion it make so much sense (just had one of those ah ha moments) when I read your reply/suggestion
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 4 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well I think I'm done. I hope to fold what's in the dryer and move the load from the wash to the dryer. But I will see. Had a nice bath and shaved! I've been bad lol
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Hi All. Sorry to see a few of you are still struggling with illness. I had one kid home sick today. Let’s hope it stays with him.
    Sweet Sparrow: it sucks to be struggling financial but this group will inspire you and make you laugh and make scrimping seem easier than you ever thought possible. And the motivation is unreal.
    Ladies: I must share that as you know me and budgets just don’t mix. So much that last year we bought YNAB (you need a budget) for some insanely cheap price. Then I proceeded to never use it. Well in the past week I have embraced it. It has been rather FUN, there I said it. DH and I are both in our late 40’s and we don’t want to work like this for ever so have been aiming for Financial Independence by 55 which means just working part time or casual. He is totally on board. So after 2 hrs of the budget I am one tired puppy.

saundyl, Andit, ROMEO and 7 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Natalka good for your husband for speaking up and the rain cheque was a bonus! Hope you had a wonderful dinner and visit with Milan and goodness gracious that price for ground beef was outrageous.
    Ah, we were all so full after supper - Milan just couldn't stop saying how good the meatballs and sauce were, so YAY! There was plenty left for him to take a big container home, along with mashed potatoes, and he loved getting 1/2 the cinnabon cake!
    And we talked and talked and talked....
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Up extra early for some reason, but sitting in the dark & trying to be quiet so the brats can sleep. Roasted some more beets yesterday, but didn't get around to pickling them, that will be this morning's fun project. Besides, if I dare go near the kitchen now, Lily dog will likely crash into all sorts of things to get there as fast as she can.

Still no biopsy results (I joked that the techs all took vacation so they wouldn't have to deal with the media scrum on hospital row ). Saw the news trucks on University from the window, luckily I had taken the back way into the hospital & didn't have to deal with the crowds. On the plus side, the measure they use to test for how well the kidney functions is slowly improving, so no drastic med switches for now.

Had lots of energy yesterday, so roasted the beets, made another big pot of potatoes paprikas and then started to clean out my fridge. Starting to wonder whether the brats order food in when I'm asleep. Found half of a small jar of black olives that needed to be consumed, but I'm not a huge fan (yes, I know, shame on me! ). I pureed the olives, mixed in 2 teaspoons of minced garlic and some olive oil, and wow! if that wasn't the yummiest thing! So I took the 'tapenade' as well as some cut up red peppers over to my neighbour's for our regular night in. 5 neighbours and 3 pups (see, my brats aren't the only ones who get to taste test ) all decided that the tapenade was a hit - now I know what I'm taking to my friend's for Thanksgiving for something a bit different.

Off to see Our Country's Good tonight, should be a fun night out.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Sweet Sparrow this sounds like an impossible situation and so wrong I can't believe the lack of respect of your husbands time and money.
    I've been contemplating applying to jobs behind DH's back as he's given up on that too. He said he's written so many cover letters, sent so many resumes, only to turn up with nothing. If it's a choice between wasting time on that or spending time with LO, he'd rather have quality time with LO. I don't blame him as she's growing pretty quick!

For October, what about Thankful for Savings or a similar title?
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Wed, Sep 24th, 2014 at 12:44 AM.
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 8 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

how is this for October "open to savings"

-well I feel better today really better-no more crackly cough-my appetite is coming back
    -tonight going to swiss chalet-to celebrate
    -thank you for all the wishes for my birthday and anniversary

-my 2 grown kids and their spouses called me yesterday-also all 3 of my brother's called which was a shocker but loved it so much

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Back on track to important things like how cute Andit's kitty is and focusing on things that we can do something about...

The kitchen faucet is leaking again. It's not fancy or expensive and was already here when we moved in. To get the model number, we'd have to take out the cartridge and decommission the sink. I called the manufacturer to see if it has any warranty or product guarantee (thank goodness they only have two models) and they do stand behind their products. We'll be getting a new cartridge shipped in the mail within the week.

I'm surprised we're getting one since we're not the original purchaser of the faucet. I did mention it though and CS didn't say we weren't eligible.

coupon girl - glad you're feeling better. With LO in daycare, she's on her second round of passing around colds! Ugh!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, all!

First day of autumn, and it's going to get to 29 again today!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

morning all. up early here too.
    had to get ds2 off to school early. couldn't' fall back to sleep.
    will be working on a couple more projects today. these are household ones.
    trying to tie up some lose ends but it seems near impossible.
    have a feeling dh will want to go the store later. were out of his lunch 'basics'.
    its much cooler than it has been.. guess fall is here to stay.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My tub was leaking and Moen stands behind their products. Free parts at our RONA

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Back on track to important things like how cute Andit's kitty is and focusing on things that we can do something about...

The kitchen faucet is leaking again. It's not fancy or expensive and was already here when we moved in. To get the model number, we'd have to take out the cartridge and decommission the sink. I called the manufacturer to see if it has any warranty or product guarantee (thank goodness they only have two models) and they do stand behind their products. We'll be getting a new cartridge shipped in the mail within the week.

I'm surprised we're getting one since we're not the original purchaser of the faucet. I did mention it though and CS didn't say we weren't eligible.

coupon girl - glad you're feeling better. With LO in daycare, she's on her second round of passing around colds! Ugh!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Sometimes being lazy pays off. Didn't switch the laundry last night so hung it outside to dry this morning. Yeah! I will be back to hanging to dry now that I'm caught up and back on track Will move my drying racks back to the laundry room for winter.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Managed come up with dinner for me last night and it was actually pretty good, I am trying to try new things but always get worried, nothing worse than spending all this time to make something to not like and since I hate to throw anything away I usually force myself to eat it. I had Bruchetta Quinoa in a Portabello Cap with Mozzarella on top, I think next time I would add a side salad although it was filling it did not keep me full night and ended up having a snack around 7.

Did not get anymore work done on the Living Room but did get the dishwasher unloaded and re loaded, 3/4 of dishes that needed to be washed by hand done (Not sure if I will hear about this later) and the bathroom cleaned (yeah no comment on this one). Also did a little more tiding up in my room, I have noticed lately when it comes to special events (Christmas/Bdays) my family has been buying me a lot of make up lately, so I have discovered I am over run with Mascara and Eye Liners. I have sorted through my make up, got rid of some old stuff which has gone past it prime and I will not apply to my face and have organized most of what is left (although I am sure I will find more as I dig deeper into my cubes).

Tonight's plan, I have no idea yet. I have suggested Steak & Mushrooms in gravy over egg noddles for Dinner as we have some mushrooms to use up and can use the simmering steak I found in the freezer on the weekend. Mom is home so we will have to see what will get done I always seem to get more done when I am home alone.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good job Ashley. Sounds like you had a great night. I was planning on making a nice dinner tonight (chicken breast, rice, fresh asparagus and salad) but just remembered my friend is meeting at my house at 530 to walk for an hour! So kids will have leftover tacos from the weekend and I will make the dinner later tonight for us for tomorrow night (we are at hockey so this works great too, can put in Tupperware and heat up quick to eat at the arena ) Oldest needs to clean the basement and sort his clothing tonight.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yeah don't have to cook tonight -going to swiss chalet with hubby for our anniversary treat -yesterday didn't feel up to it -I do today my appetite is back-yipeeeee

-went and just got back -it was so nice and a good price -2 can eat for 19.99(white 1.50 more each) - quarter chicken -hubby had fries I had rice -plus garlic bread appitizer freewith this deal a slice of lemon pie-which I will share with him
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Sep 23rd, 2014 at 05:37 PM.

Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast

Thread Information