User Tag List

Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Like Tree6182Likes

Thread: "Fall" into September Savings

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Hey Jasperandchar. I don't have an iPad, but I have an iPhone. On my phone I have the following apps: 7-Eleven (good discounts and often a freebie on Friday), CO-OP app (coupons and sometimes Friday freebie), Coupgon (coupons to use at CO-OP), Snap (rebate app), Save.ca (rebate app), Checkout51 (rebate app), CartSmart (rebate app), Zweet (rebate app), Changio (earn points to redeem for gift cards), PC Plus (for the bonus offers), and reebee (flyer app, but I don't use it very often). I try to make my phone work for me.

edit: Some of these apps have a bonus for referring new members, some give money to both you and me if you sign up. If you want a referral, please just let me know. Thanks.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Sep 24th, 2014 at 02:42 PM.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    QOTD I have quite a few outfits I do not wear right now but that is due to my weight gain, I was self conscious before and now the added weight is not at all helping. But I have decided I have to do something to at least lose 20 lbs to see if it helps the infections which the bonus to losing 20 lbs is 80% of my clothes will fit again or fit better. My huge downfall was when I used to be into a guy and would find cute outfits and think of that would be great for a date and buy it yet the date never happen. So my new rule is unless I can find a way to wear it work and out I will not buy it. Luckily I work in a casual office so it is jeans and shirts here so if I can put on a shrug to cover my shoulder or wear another top under it to make it work appropriate than I can buy it because even if I do not get the date the outfit will be worn.

Did not get much done last night, I have developed this little red bumps all over my stomach which were just itchy yesterday but are burning today, but do not look as bad so hopefully they are going away. If not I guess it is back to the doctor for me which I would really like to avoid right now as we are insanely busy at work and I usually cannot get an appointment after 4 so I have to leave early to go.

Not sure I will get much done tonight Mom seems to have a version of the Man Cold. It is a slightly trying time in our house right now as well anyone who has dealt with a man cold will understand.

Mom is supposed to be making some form of pasta with the left over tomatoes from our canning on Sunday, not sure what this will be as we are out of ground beef which she would usually include in the pasta.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Afternoon Everyone,
    QOTD I have quite a few outfits I do not wear right now but that is due to my weight gain, I was self conscious before and now the added weight is not at all helping. But I have decided I have to do something to at least lose 20 lbs to see if it helps the infections which the bonus to losing 20 lbs is 80% of my clothes will fit again or fit better. My huge downfall was when I used to be into a guy and would find cute outfits and think of that would be great for a date and buy it yet the date never happen. So my new rule is unless I can find a way to wear it work and out I will not buy it. Luckily I work in a casual office so it is jeans and shirts here so if I can put on a shrug to cover my shoulder or wear another top under it to make it work appropriate than I can buy it because even if I do not get the date the outfit will be worn.

Did not get much done last night, I have developed this little red bumps all over my stomach which were just itchy yesterday but are burning today, but do not look as bad so hopefully they are going away. If not I guess it is back to the doctor for me which I would really like to avoid right now as we are insanely busy at work and I usually cannot get an appointment after 4 so I have to leave early to go.

Not sure I will get much done tonight Mom seems to have a version of the Man Cold. It is a slightly trying time in our house right now as well anyone who has dealt with a man cold will understand.

Mom is supposed to be making some form of pasta with the left over tomatoes from our canning on Sunday, not sure what this will be as we are out of ground beef which she would usually include in the pasta.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Ahsley could it be an allergic reaction to something new you made or ate?

Oh the man cold, my dh is pretty good but my dad was the worse, short of having room service he thought that he needed to be cared for 24/7 (lol). he was so pitiful and the complaining (my word). Hope your mom feels better soon.

Hopefully your mom will throw something wonderful together for supper with whatever you have on hand to add to the pasta.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

ll ladies the magic cake is done and looks delish but will update once my tough critics (2 boys) have their pieces. I have a feeling that 1 will say it's not sweet and the other won't mind it.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So pissed off D's came off and some girl wrote on his uniform pants about 3" long with a permanent marker. I washed them and of course it won't come out. He told the teacher who told him the marker will not come out. These pants with the hemming were $63.00 and now they are ruined I told jaden to bring the pants into the school office as I will be calling the principle for reimbursement of the total cost of them and I want them to see for themselves that I am not exagerating.

Do you think I am being unreasonable in wanting a replacement and hemming cost?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-no I don't think you are being unreasonable nancy -the girl who did it should be responsible

-sweet sparrow -nope my clothing is 60 % i wear of it -I do go thru it also just last night I wore a dress-plain black and I find it too short now -have had it for years-since I havent worked in 2 years and before that had a uniform -I have a few blouses not many dress pants (basically not working wardrobe) but I also have clothing for good(don't laugh my mom raised me that way -its only for good -whatever that means to me -wedding ,luncheon,going to the show etc

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

hell NO Nancy. need some back up. WOW. if it was your son. you KNOW they'd be making you do it. so y not for him..100%

well my day has been go go go. we tore apart our 'nice' furniture the other day.. apparently 3 large men and a lady who likes to get comfy can reak havock on already worn vinyl.

hence my nice set.. fell apart fast. so we now have our 4 club chairs back upstairs. thank goodness i didn't get rid of them.
    tonite were throwing out the bases.
    anyway its taking alot of effort to do that, clean up and figure out what to do with the 'stuff'.
    so i gave away 3 HUGE bags of stuffing. the cushions /scraps of other material are being kept for dh's project downstairs.

and here i sit actually contemplating....
    dare i even say the word... *come closer*... *closer*... *whispers*.. CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS..
    LOL... yes i know. it comes with a reason.
    dh wants to start getting the basement ready for it. so that means going through everything.. oh joy like 5-6 LARGE rubbermaid containers of christmas.
    i gave away so much last year. do you think for the life of me i can remember what i still have. besides my trees. nope.
    oh boy.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Went to Goderich today to get my feet done...they feel so good.
    Stopped at my favourite bookstore and splurged. There are only 3 authors that I will pay full price for. I had just read the first 2 books of the series last week and went in to pre-order the last. Turned out they already had it.
    Went to FB and bought another 36 cans of Del Monte veggies.

@ Nancy They definitely should reimburse you for the pants. Kids need to learn not to be destructive and that there are consequences.

@ Sweet sparrow I try to clean out my closet once in a while. Right now I know there are some clothes I need to get rid of. The problem is, I might not wear something for a couple years and then I decide to wear it again. I did splurge this summer and bought some new clothes...hadn`t for a couple years...but found I was still reaching for a few old favourites.
    Andit, Natalka, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hi All,
    Busy couple of days. But I just wanted to quickly stop by to wish Nancy a very

Name:  happy-birthday-pictures-11.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  114.0 KB
    Hope you had a wonderful day .
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Hi guys. It is already Wednesday and I haven't taught at all this week, and I am not booked to teach again until October 1st. I got called yesterday morning and a teacher booked me for 1.5days next week for her. I now have 7 full teaching days booked for October, just at the two Catholic schools in town. I also have one full day booked for mid-November, almost 1hr away.

I collected 2 grocery bags full of recyclables with LO this week. I have also been earning points on Superpoints and Swagbucks this week. I just redeemed for another $5 Amazon.ca code from Swagbucks and I completed surveys, etc. too. I also requested coupons from various companies because it had been 3 or 6 months since I had last requested. We walked to the library to attend his free program this morning. I've spent quite a bit on groceries, but I am also using coupons, sales, and the apps to save money. I bought $44 of groceries at Sobeys today and submitted the receipt to 4 of the above listed apps to get $2.25 back from the purchases. I also picked up my monthly prescription. They give you 7x the Airmiles before your medical coverages, so I earned 252 Airmiles just on my regular prescriptions. I am on an expensive experimental blood-thinner, that's why I earned so much. I was happily surprised, even if I am not a regular Airmiles person.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I am putting this in a separate post because I did not want it to get lost or accidentally overlooked. My Dad raised us three children and I am his youngest. I graduated high school 10yrs ago and have been living on my own, etc. ever since. Here's the thing. My Dad keeps having the same conversation with me and it bothers me. Our son just turned 2yrs old earlier this month. My Dad has been asking about the next grandchild for the last year already. Just this afternoon my Dad was telling me that I should hurry up and get pregnant before winter. When I told him that we were planning on taking LO out ice-skating, my Dad didn't want me on the ice. It turned out that his reason for not wanting me on the ice wasn't because of the blood-thinners that I take daily, but because he didn't want me on the ice while I was pregnant. On that side note, dh insists that I am not allowed on the ice without a helmet, so I guess I am going to be the dorky parent wearing a helmet on the ice while still in winter boots.

Regarding my employment: I am anticipating mixed reactions to me being pregnant as a substitute teacher, some people might want to get me more work while others might frown on it (preparing to go on EI) and avoid giving me work. I know that legally, I cannot be denied work, but as a substitute teacher it is somewhat easy for people to avoid calling me into their school to teach.

Over these various conversations with my Dad I have told him that if I don't get enough work, I will not even qualify for EI, let alone max it out this time. I needed to let my body properly recover, which is best for my entire family. I am a high risk pregnancy every time because of my health history, my entire family is aware of this. I have reminded Dad about the expenses associated with my high risk pregnancies and paying for a growing family. I have told my Dad that it is my body and I will tell him when we are pregnant (although I don't know how many weeks after we know, before I tell others). So I guess my question is, how do I get people to stop? How do I get people to understand that this was not an easy decision for my husband and I to decide to wait a year longer than we had initially planned? How do I get people to understand that their questions hurt my feelings and haunt me? It's not just my Dad that asks when we are having the next baby: my brother, sometimes my mom, an employee at Sobeys, old acquaintances, random people at church, etc. DH told me tonight that I should tell my Dad to just F*** off next time he starts asking me about another grandchild.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Sep 25th, 2014 at 12:26 AM. Reason: spelling error
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

People can be so hurtful sometimes. I always got asked when we were going to start a family. One person...a now former friend...even told me I was being selfish for not having kids. At the time my arthritis was so bad I couldn`t even look after myself let alone a child.

I agree with your husband...people need to mind their own business.
    Andit, Natalka, Angela273 and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Angela, first of all don't be concerned about being the dorky parent with the helmet on.I had a clot about 5 years ago and was on heparin and warferin. I had only been home from the hospital a few days and was helping my son's soccer team deliver phone books as a fundraiser, well it was snowing and blowing and I slipped and hit my head hard , we had a doctor's son on the team and she gave me a huge lecture about the dangers of hitting my head while on blood thinners, was very careful after that!!

I understand how off putting it is when people interfere with personal family matters. You have very good reasons for your pregnancy plan. I hope you can just tell your dad that it is stressing you out to be pestered about this and that you don't want to ruin your relationship over it. Good Luck

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

J & C Hope your day was wonderful and survivor was a blast. Happy Birthday!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Angela, first of all don't be concerned about being the dorky parent with the helmet on.I had a clot about 5 years ago and was on heparin and warferin. I had only been home from the hospital a few days and was helping my son's soccer team deliver phone books as a fundraiser, well it was snowing and blowing and I slipped and hit my head hard , we had a doctor's son on the team and she gave me a huge lecture about the dangers of hitting my head while on blood thinners, was very careful after that!!

I understand how off putting it is when people interfere with personal family matters. You have very good reasons for your pregnancy plan. I hope you can just tell your dad that it is stressing you out to be pestered about this and that you don't want to ruin your relationship over it. Good Luck
    Thank you for your input. I have been on LMWH (heperin) for 7yrs now. I am on 1/2 the dose that I was on in November 2007 and I am one of the longest living patients in SK to do so. I am quite careful, but the helment is just one more painful reminder of the things that are limited or have been taken away from me. I know that I am here and have beaten the odds (I was given less than 1 in 1 Million chance I would make it out alive, let alone with my left leg...but that's a whole other story). It wasn't until recently that I had realized some of the things that I can't do with our own children and it hurts me.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast

Thread Information