User Tag List

Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree5611Likes

Thread: Thankful for Savings - October 2014 Frugal chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

LO slept through the night last night, but started his day at 6am. I taught for the day in a busy Grade 2E (English) classroom. When I got home today dh pointed out to me that I taught his co-worker's daughter today. It was somewhat funny because the daughter had told her mom, who told my husband, who told me...that she was concerned that she needed to be on her best behaviour...otherwise her mom would hear about it. LOL Not how I tend to do things.

I had two other schools contact me to book other teaching days. I had to turn down the one day because I am already booked (part of 3 consecutive days for a different teacher). The other day I was able to book for November, I was waiting for someone to book November 10th because we have school that day and it would create a longer weekend for a person. I'm happy to be asked.
    edit: This will be my first time teaching for this teacher. She happens to be the wife of the principal of that school.

I only have Friday booked for next week. I have Tuesday afternoon and all day Thursday booked for volunteering. I will get an honorarium, but if I get called to teach...then I won't volunteer, they already know this.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Oct 10th, 2014 at 10:21 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I`ve had a few cortisone shots over the years. It also clears up psoriasis so that was a bonus.
    My neck and shoulder have been really painful lately so yesterday I called my massage therapist...I was in agony. She had a cancellation this afternoon so I grabbed it fast. Feels some better tonight...go back in 2 weeks for my regular massage. I asked her to let me know if she has a cancellation next month. I only go every 8 weeks and with all the crocheting I`ve been doing I should be going more often.

I had the same PC Plus offer for meat...grabbed 2 club packs of lean ground beef too. Then I used the last of my Chapmans coupons that expire in Dec...was waiting for it to come on sale...$3.77 at Zehrs. Also had a points offer on Farmers Market pie so I got my annual pumpkin pie...not my favourite but do like it at Thanksgiving.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I`ve had a few cortisone shots over the years. It also clears up psoriasis so that was a bonus.
    My neck and shoulder have been really painful lately so yesterday I called my massage therapist...I was in agony. She had a cancellation this afternoon so I grabbed it fast. Feels some better tonight...go back in 2 weeks for my regular massage. I asked her to let me know if she has a cancellation next month. I only go every 8 weeks and with all the crocheting I`ve been doing I should be going more often.

I had the same PC Plus offer for meat...grabbed 2 club packs of lean ground beef too. Then I used the last of my Chapmans coupons that expire in Dec...was waiting for it to come on sale...$3.77 at Zehrs. Also had a points offer on Farmers Market pie so I got my annual pumpkin pie...not my favourite but do like it at Thanksgiving.
    Take care of yourself and glad you were able to take the cancellation for massage therapy, hope you feel better
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

The whole upstairs and downstairs are all vacuumed...yippee....MIL is driving ds1 and I to his football game tomorrow am, we need to leave at 8am, his practice starts at 9am and his game is at 10am and that will last 2 hours, so gonna pack some snacks for on the way home because he will be starving by the time the game is over.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Dh's dr's appointment went really well this week, she was in a super good mood and very co-operative unlike the last visit. She completed his CPPD application which he mailed last night and I got a call this am saying that the doctors portion was being mailed out today so now we wait and fingers crossed he gets approved.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Cortisone, massage, pain killers, exercise-whatever works for each person and keeps them moving is a good thing. I remember back a year or two ago, I volunteered for my friend who was taking the massage course and needed patients to practice on.Tough volunteer job(lol) but somebody has to do it!! Felt great to me-massages for free and helping my friend get in her required hours at the same time! My DH was too funny-he didn't want to volunteer as he did not feel comfrotable with our female friend massaging him-which I totally get! If it had been her husband taking the course and looking for volunteers instead, I don't think I would have signed up either! Enjoy the long weekend everyone!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

i'd SO take a massage any day.(a free one of course)..
    its been one of those days. waves of energy. taking them while i can.
    already knocked 4 items of my to do list.
    as long as the weather co-operates i'd like to knock at least half of the rest off.
    its rather cool tonite. have quite a few candles going. makes a difference.
    think i m going to get a few loads of laundry going while i can keep my eyes open.
    although i think im going to be calling it another early night.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Bf and i bought some really good quality shirts on facebook last night. There are about 30 different tops even dress ones that wull fit our oldest. Some *4 pair) jeans that may fit but if not his brother isnt far behind him. All for $40. Tonight we picked up 4 pairs of jeans n 3 pairs of shorts that will fit the oldest...for $20.

Makes it a little more affordable to buy that way...esp when anything good we have ends up at their mother's never to be returned.

Looking forward to the long weekend.

Got $52.50 back by submitting receipts to work for clothjng allowance. ..i still have 120 to spend. Put the money into my emergency fund thru my phone by taking a pic of the check. ...how slick!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I get cortisone shots for allergies. Love massages!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Bf and i bought some really good quality shirts on facebook last night. There are about 30 different tops even dress ones that wull fit our oldest. Some *4 pair) jeans that may fit but if not his brother isnt far behind him. All for $40. Tonight we picked up 4 pairs of jeans n 3 pairs of shorts that will fit the oldest...for $20.

Makes it a little more affordable to buy that way...esp when anything good we have ends up at their mother's never to be returned.

Looking forward to the long weekend.

Got $52.50 back by submitting receipts to work for clothjng allowance. ..i still have 120 to spend. Put the money into my emergency fund thru my phone by taking a pic of the check. ...how slick!
    Great job on all the shopping. It's too bad the clothes don't make their way back to your house, is it not possible to only let him come and go with the clothes on his back per say - so he arrives with the clothes from his moms it's washed and that's what he wears back to his moms? You probably have already tried this and I'm sure it's easier said that done.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good Morning my frugal friends,

Off this am to watch football this morning...brr...it's cold.

We are supposed to get a few more warmer and sunnier days in the short range forecast and I can't wait. I plan to wash all Logan's heavy blankets over the next few days as Charlotte the bulldog likes to cuddle with him and the blankets could use a freshening up .

I will be assigning the boys their extra bedroom chore again today they are as follows (the clean their rooms every weekend)

Jaden - tidy up, dust and purge items on his headboard (shelf like - never again they are useful to put items when you don't feel like dealing with them ) and go through small trunk and of course put the things away that found their way on the top of his dresser again (grrr).

Logan - to go through his craft stuff which means tidying up & organize, purge & donate the things no longer needed or wanted, this has to done in a controlled environment otherwise nothing gets tossed as everything is needed even though he has not used them in the last 6-12 months. Crafts are great don't get me wrong but what good is all the stuff to do them if YOU JUST DON'T DO THEM and then complain you are bored and when I mention doing a craft, you say no

This long weekend we are invited to MIL's for a Thanksgiving lunch or supper unsure as of now, I volunteered to make a dessert BUT I have not been in the baking mood these days, HOWEVER, more in the cleaning mood. On the positive side this will mean 1 mea I will not have to not cook for .

I plan to ask MIL to stop at a few thrift stores this morning as we will have 1 hour to kill while the boys practice before the game and I would like to get ds1 (Jaden) atleast 1 more uniform golf shirt - second hand if I could as the new ones are $27.99 + taxes

Nothing else much planned for today once we get back with the exception of tackling my storage room, I need to re-organize and put some other items in bins as we currently have mice and I don't want to waste food.

Wishing everyone a wonderful long weekend!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

everyone on here happy happy thanksgiving weekend -hope you all have a good one -
    -on a positive note my swelling Is completely gone - I am going to hit up walmart to see if I find a long sleeve shirt for hubby for the wedding on sunday -if not he wears a short sleeve- dress is short sleeve (a line sky blue only paid 24.00 at sears at beginng of summer)
    -I am so thankfull I am pain free-knock on wood -will take my poor gums a month to heal

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    I could do a happy dance that this week is over if I wasn't feeling as bad as I am. I woke up today not feeling the best, very sore, in a lot of pain and I thinking I am still fighting something off as I have a massive sinus headache and my whole body is pretty much telling me how much it hates me. But the good news is this week is over and it was a rough one.

I did well Monday and Tuesday worked all day stayed focus, no internet and no breaks. Came home and got a ton done another 2 or so hours of work plus stuff around the house (dishes, floors, bathroom. garbage out) but come Wednesday it got a lot harder. I managed to make it all week at work with no internet and no breaks and no internet at home (I could not be distracted as around Tuesday I realized I am not going to get everything done by Friday for this increase to go through so I need to focus on nothing but work and getting this done). But come Wednesday nothing got done at home it was all about the increase. But I am proud of myself we got everything done (well kind of I still have about 100 contracts to highlight the changes and than I need to note all changes in CSM (customer service management), might email and see if this step is needed, but the price increase will go through over the weekend.

The downside is I woke up feeling horrible today and I have a ton I have to get done this weekend. We are supposed to be at Costco right now shopping (opps) and than do a bunch of other stuff before meeting my bro for dinner. Since the house still is not clean we cannot have dinner at home. But honestly I cannot find a lot we need to buy and given our current financial situation I do not want to try to waste time as that tends to lead to certain people who will remain nameless finding more and more things to buy. Between our financial situation and our house we do not need any extras right now.

Which I must say it must be nice to not be worried about finances. I am already freaking out about our house bills as I am paying them all right now and I won't lie it is tight, I have been thinking about cutting back my hours for awhile now which is now not an option as my OT pay is no longer extra income for extras or savings. But yeah like it is not big deal I got told this week "oh yeah, don't forget you need to put in extra money for the bills next month (Novemeber) as they are going up $200" like it nothing, no big deal. So time to re work the budget again and see where I come up at.

To top off my wonderful week I picked up the mail last night and the government wants to speak with me regarding my employment. I know it is no big deal as we all legitimately do work for the company but there is something about talking to the government that makes me extremely nervous. I am more of the fly under radar type of girl not an hey here I am girl. Going to have to see if there will be a day I can use my Dad's office or go to his house (it is closer to work) so I can call my assigned officer to have a phone interview because you can only call between the hours of 8 am and 3 pm and I work 6:30 am to 4 pm and I share an office with two other girls but would like privacy to make this call ass I have a feeling my stomach is going to be knots and I will be feeling quite sick.

But I do have good news, well good news to me. I am really starting to feel like my old self again, I managed to make it through this week which would have lately left me in tears without one tear shed and although I was stressed and freaking out it was controlled and I was not falling apart which is a great improvement especially since I was home alone most nights this week and could have easily fallen apart and no one would have ever known. I am hoping this is a change that is hear to stay as I am really starting to feel so much better but will admit I am kind of scared because I know how easy it has been lately to fall right back down. But I am trying to optimistic well being cautious.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and a Happy Thanksgiving.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Great job on all the shopping. It's too bad the clothes don't make their way back to your house, is it not possible to only let him come and go with the clothes on his back per say - so he arrives with the clothes from his moms it's washed and that's what he wears back to his moms? You probably have already tried this and I'm sure it's easier said that done.

We try that - in the summer it only kind of works as he'll come over in shorts and then go back in pants because the weather changes.

It doesnt help also that she comes into the house and just helps her self when the boys are here while we're at work...or that she has a key to the house because BF continues to let her have her hair shop out of the front of our house. HUGE bone of contention between us that she has free for all access to our house and i know she doesnt limit her snooping to the boys rooms as she's slipped a few times and mentioned me having something i NEVER have had out in a public area namely jewlery i keep in my underwear drawer and have never worn since i moved here...and shampoo i had in another drawer that i hadnt even opened yet so it was never in the bathroom...and when i do use it it goes back in the bedroom because its expensive and i dont share well LOL

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning All,
    I could do a happy dance that this week is over if I wasn't feeling as bad as I am. I woke up today not feeling the best, very sore, in a lot of pain and I thinking I am still fighting something off as I have a massive sinus headache and my whole body is pretty much telling me how much it hates me. But the good news is this week is over and it was a rough one.

I did well Monday and Tuesday worked all day stayed focus, no internet and no breaks. Came home and got a ton done another 2 or so hours of work plus stuff around the house (dishes, floors, bathroom. garbage out) but come Wednesday it got a lot harder. I managed to make it all week at work with no internet and no breaks and no internet at home (I could not be distracted as around Tuesday I realized I am not going to get everything done by Friday for this increase to go through so I need to focus on nothing but work and getting this done). But come Wednesday nothing got done at home it was all about the increase. But I am proud of myself we got everything done (well kind of I still have about 100 contracts to highlight the changes and than I need to note all changes in CSM (customer service management), might email and see if this step is needed, but the price increase will go through over the weekend.

The downside is I woke up feeling horrible today and I have a ton I have to get done this weekend. We are supposed to be at Costco right now shopping (opps) and than do a bunch of other stuff before meeting my bro for dinner. Since the house still is not clean we cannot have dinner at home. But honestly I cannot find a lot we need to buy and given our current financial situation I do not want to try to waste time as that tends to lead to certain people who will remain nameless finding more and more things to buy. Between our financial situation and our house we do not need any extras right now.

Which I must say it must be nice to not be worried about finances. I am already freaking out about our house bills as I am paying them all right now and I won't lie it is tight, I have been thinking about cutting back my hours for awhile now which is now not an option as my OT pay is no longer extra income for extras or savings. But yeah like it is not big deal I got told this week "oh yeah, don't forget you need to put in extra money for the bills next month (Novemeber) as they are going up $200" like it nothing, no big deal. So time to re work the budget again and see where I come up at.

To top off my wonderful week I picked up the mail last night and the government wants to speak with me regarding my employment. I know it is no big deal as we all legitimately do work for the company but there is something about talking to the government that makes me extremely nervous. I am more of the fly under radar type of girl not an hey here I am girl. Going to have to see if there will be a day I can use my Dad's office or go to his house (it is closer to work) so I can call my assigned officer to have a phone interview because you can only call between the hours of 8 am and 3 pm and I work 6:30 am to 4 pm and I share an office with two other girls but would like privacy to make this call ass I have a feeling my stomach is going to be knots and I will be feeling quite sick.

But I do have good news, well good news to me. I am really starting to feel like my old self again, I managed to make it through this week which would have lately left me in tears without one tear shed and although I was stressed and freaking out it was controlled and I was not falling apart which is a great improvement especially since I was home alone most nights this week and could have easily fallen apart and no one would have ever known. I am hoping this is a change that is hear to stay as I am really starting to feel so much better but will admit I am kind of scared because I know how easy it has been lately to fall right back down. But I am trying to optimistic well being cautious.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and a Happy Thanksgiving.
    Thats got to be stressful!

Out of being nosey...why is it your responsibility to take care of all the bills arent there others living there too?

Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information