User Tag List

Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree5611Likes

Thread: Thankful for Savings - October 2014 Frugal chatter thread

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Did 2 towels and baked muffins this afternoon.

Nancy I hate mice too. We bought those electronic thingies a few years ago and haven`t seen any mice since. The only drawback is it won`t get rid of mice, only keep them out once you are mouse free.
    Andit, ROMEO, avoncallingu and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We stayed home for Thanks Giving this year. All of our relatives live 5+hrs away. No special dinner here, just a regular long weekend. Getting a few random things accomplished and spending time with LO and DH.

I made another batch of tomato sauce from all of my small tomatoes that ripened. It made 2 medium sized freezer bags full, but it took a while to make. After I was finished and LO was up from his nap, we went out for a walk. I collected 2 grocery bags full of bottles and cans.
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 6 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We stayed home for thanksgiving. Bf made an awesome dinner. Introduced me to acorn squash. We made a cherry cheese cake.

I did 4 loads of laundry today and we got the oldest to try on the clothing. Kept about 18 tops 3 paurs of jeasn n 2 pairs of shorts out of the stuff we picked up yhis week. Im going to post the leftovers for sale.

Sold some ghost stories for 15 dollars. And possibly getting a wii u for the boys from santa.
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

jasperandchar, I really like your signature! Trying to think of good things that have happened this year to be in the "gratitude" mode this weekend.
    Natalka, thanks for the potato/duck fat fry suggestion! There's a chip wagon at the weekly market that does just that! I'm considering a package of split peas as another duck fat flavour-enhanced meal idea...
    SassyAshley-I have not thought about roasting cauliflower! I would have just washed and chopped the cauliflower to have ready in the fridge for a soup/veggie snack/stir-fry. I like California mix veggies so if I had a cauliflower and carrots and broccoli, the lot chopped up becomes the mix! That would be great to have in the freezer as California mix is either not sold often in smaller bags/is hard to find/can only be found in large bags at some stores.

Brother came home with some groceries after work (overtime)--he got taco kits at Sobeys and ground beef. Perfect for the upcoming warm weather!
    Today, the roast duck (chilled) tastes more like chicken to me. Really love tea biscuits with herbs! Made Mom apple compote with some lemon zest, which gave off lovely aroma as the compote cooked (Mom's got a cold still).
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 7 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

home from the wedding it as fun -middle eastern music is still ringing in my ears-lots of -good food too-waited for the food didn't eat the supper part til 8.30- had 3 vodkas and cranberry
    saundyl, Andit, ROMEO and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    jasperandchar, I really like your signature! Trying to think of good things that have happened this year to be in the "gratitude" mode this weekend.
    Natalka, thanks for the potato/duck fat fry suggestion! There's a chip wagon at the weekly market that does just that! I'm considering a package of split peas as another duck fat flavour-enhanced meal idea...
    SassyAshley-I have not thought about roasting cauliflower! I would have just washed and chopped the cauliflower to have ready in the fridge for a soup/veggie snack/stir-fry. I like California mix veggies so if I had a cauliflower and carrots and broccoli, the lot chopped up becomes the mix! That would be great to have in the freezer as California mix is either not sold often in smaller bags/is hard to find/can only be found in large bags at some stores.

Brother came home with some groceries after work (overtime)--he got taco kits at Sobeys and ground beef. Perfect for the upcoming warm weather!
    Today, the roast duck (chilled) tastes more like chicken to me. Really love tea biscuits with herbs! Made Mom apple compote with some lemon zest, which gave off lovely aroma as the compote cooked (Mom's got a cold still).
    Bf often boils cauliflower and puts butter and salt over it. New to me since i moved in with him 2 yrs ago but totally yum.

I like steaming cauliflower with broccoli and onions the making a cheese sauce to go with it.

Will fold n put laundry away tomorrow.

Need to call sasktel Tuesday as my data seems to think its international this month and im in Canada same place ive been fir the last 2 yrs. Also im no where near a us border either.
    Last edited by saundyl; Mon, Oct 13th, 2014 at 12:43 AM.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just finished ordering some discounted jewelry from Ricki's online with my $20 discount code. I paid $1.62 with my gift card. I purchased 2 necklaces and one bracelet. This is what I ordered. Excited to get more free stuff.

Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Oct 13th, 2014 at 10:16 AM. Reason: spelling error
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 6 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Super slow start to the morning, did not wake up until almost 8 , was at Dad's until almost Midnight , not good when you are normally in bed by 9 pm even on weekends. Ended up in the Kitchen with my Step Mom. Sister and Bro's GF talking until almost midnight. As well earlier in the night my grandparents did make it, I do not know how my Opa does it, he was Germany for a week to be with his brother who's wife passed away, got back yesterday and even just getting back and being jet legged made it. My oma is not in the best health and they always have help with them for her, they have two women who live in the apartment (this is an apartment above my grandparents house My mom and Dad lived there with me until I was about 2, than my uncle moved in with my cousin, than my cousin moved in before him and his wife got married and now the people who help with Oma live there) and are always there to help Opa with Oma. She not very mobile and does not really like going out anymore. But they were there. It was nice, I haven't seen my Dad in over a month as he has been working on new location with my one bro and than spent the last two weeks on the road with my other bro in the states visiting trade shows and customers. So we caught up on the going on at work. Looks like I might head up to our new location once it staffed to do some training. All of a sudden I am the one they turn to when it comes to order entry, I have been asked if I would be willing to go to one location which is having order entry issues to get them all on the same page (they have 3 staff that enter orders and they all do it differently and none are the way order desk do it) and than I have been asked if I would go to our new location to train them once the staff is hired. Will talk to our controller this week and see what is what and if I need to do any travelling. To be honest I kind of hope I do get to do a little travelling, it would be nice to get out of my normal office and maybe get away for a few days, yes I am still working but it is something different and to be somewhere else (any of the locations in question are too far too commute to so I will have to stay there for a few days).

So yeah, so far today nothing is getting done, I am so tired today, I cannot do these late nights. So right now me and my PVR are catching up but soon I am going to have to find some ambition and get moving but not going to lie right now I want to do nothing today, but I never get days to do nothing so I know soon I will be given a list of things I must complete today.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Today I have a load of laundry to do. Will probably try to get a few towels done too.
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 4 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Happy thanksgiving to all..
    we had a great day yesterday.. went on a little adventure. picked up some free walnuts at a local house/farm.
    then found a beautiful park to take some family pictures. love how they turned out with the fall colors.. may post one.
    then headed to the IL's (dh's brother) for dinner. an amazing dinner.
    stayed til 930. we all started yawnin... long day.
    straight home to bed... at least for me.
    today were having ham, ceasar salad, mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts. haven't decided on dessert yet.
    just enjoying the quiet for now. its rather yukky out. supposed to be warm, wet all week.
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 7 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I just finished ordering some discounted jewelry from Ricki's online with my $20 discount code. I paid $1.62 with my gift card. I purchased 2 necklaces and one bracelet. This is what I ordered. Excited to get more free stuff.

Beautiful! Where did you find the coupon code?

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hi All,
    Happy Thanksgiving .
    It's been a busy couple of days...
    Just stopping by to say hi, will catch up with you later.
    Name:  Happy-Thanksgiving-turkey-dish.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  24.3 KB

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Did 2 towels and baked muffins this afternoon.

Nancy I hate mice too. We bought those electronic thingies a few years ago and haven`t seen any mice since. The only drawback is it won`t get rid of mice, only keep them out once you are mouse free.
    Great job on the baking, I really need to get back into that routine,.

We have those mice thingies as well and they do help a lot but there was a spot that they were able to come into that I couldn't fix myself while dh was away but he fixed it when he was back for a week and I haven't caught any since. But still have the traps out and finding the odd (gift) from them.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post

Watch out Jamie Oliver there's a new gal in town

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

lovely stuff Angela

Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information