User Tag List

Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree5611Likes

Thread: Thankful for Savings - October 2014 Frugal chatter thread

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

I'll be watching Jill's wedding too I have to be up at 5:15am so I might not make it through the whole thing but have it taping on the pvr

We all got completely soaked walking home from school today so coats, mitts and hats all in the wash. I hope their rubber boots and back packs are all dried for tomorrow since they can't go in the dryer.

Didn't have anything planned for dinner so we made grilled cheese, scrambled eggs and tomato soup We're having a whole chicken tomorrow on the rotisserie so that's been pulled out to thaw.

Kids all all in bed so now to quickly get lunches made then watch Jill's wedding

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

While I was driving to the school 1hr away this morning, a school in town called me for the first time this year to ask me to teach for them (30min before their school day starts). A sick teacher just called me to teach for her tomorrow. That was the last day that I had left to book before the wedding. I now have a grand total of 18.11 days taught this month. There were only 2 days that I was not called for. 12.01 days were at the two Catholic schools in town. The other 6.1days were for the public school division. It will be a nice pay cheque.

I am in so much physical pain right now it is not even funny, and this is 1hr after I took my prescription pain meds. LO has snacked on a variety of healthy things, so he is fed. I had a cookie and some milk with my meds, just to protect my stomach. Dh is helping friends move their trailer, these are the friends that we have been helping move over the last week.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks for the well wishes. I`m seeing the chiropractor in the morning so I`m hoping to get some relief.

@ Angela Congrats on all the days worked. Hope your pain goes away soon. It`s definitely not fun.

@ Nancy Congrats on the new door. I remember well what it was like to have constant renos. After we got the main level done we quit. By that time I was no longer working so we didn`t have the $ and we were sooo sick of it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Popped out to Shoppers with the plan to redeem. ( some Christmas gifts and food etc) but they didn't have things I went for. Disappointing. Guess I will watch the flyers and try again when I see some good deals. Dishwasher is running. My mom delivers 2 bins of our laundry clean and folded and ready to put away . Do I need to get a new washer? I like this better! Lol.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  51.4 KB and sold this tonight. Found on the side of the road last week and sold for $10 to get it back out of my garage. Didn't even clean it up like I usually would. Sold with leaves and dirt! $10 in the $ jar!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

coupon girl very kind of you to donate to that little boy and his family, so very sad
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Angela congrats on all your days booked this month
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-angela so good all the extra shifts this month-frualigmama -wow you are so lucky finding things to sell from the side of the road
    -my hubby has worked an extra hour all this week and last to cover for another driver that has been sick=extra bit of money too
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Oct 28th, 2014 at 08:54 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Decorated for Halloween with bf tonight.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

What's that white stuff???? Oh my!!!

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hi All,
    Busy times...
    I'm volunteering at DD school, and they have me pretty busy.
    Trying to catch up with you ladies, but I have 13 pages to read .
    Don't know when that will happen but hopefully soon.
    Have a great night all.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My friend had her second set of twin boys this morning-both just over 5 lbs and 26 days early. I arrived in the middle of the night and spent many hrs helping with both sets of twins. Back to the hospital in the morning so may be MIA for awhile.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Lizzie that brings back so many memories. My sister had twin girls born 10 weeks early. They were both under 3 pounds. That was 37 years ago. Her DH...and mine...were long distance truck drivers so I think I spent as much time at her house as at mine. Later they bought the house next door so they were like the kids I never had. They even used to call me their second Mom.
    Andit, Natalka, Angela273 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

All caught up.
    Angela: nice to be filling up your days. It would be nice if it led to a full time job, but will still be good when you apply for your next mat leave.
    I was away at an all day meeting but did see a few Argylles on the Go train, just watching his funeral on the news made me cry, so nice of you Coupongirl to donate to his son.
    DH is away for work for a few days. Even with older kids it gets busy.
    We were away again for a lacrosse tournament. I was able to do some Costco shopping, amazing how cheap some stuff is. But really did not spend much. Happy to be staying home this weekend. But they are saying snow (hurts just to type it) for Halloween. And today we reached a high of 20 degrees. Craaaazy.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

mom of 5 boys, yes, our son is a mechanic - technically he's a second year apprentice, just waiting for the call to go on to school further.

Crochetlady - glad there is progress for you, but I'm sorry you are hurting so much - hoping it gets better for you very soon!

Angela - amazing number of sub days, wtg! I used to do a lot of subbing - sometimes it was so hard, at all times it was fun, but I loved it all! I only did K-8.
    Sure hope you get some rest and feel better quickly as well.

Well, we had a wonderful supper, birthday cake, and a nice visit with our son. He couldn't stay very long because he had plans with his friends, which we understand!

November name:

Nest Egg November

Nut-gathering November

Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information