User Tag List

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree3864Likes

Thread: November frugal friends (2014)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

I don't keep track of coupon savings, just use them as I need them. Usually it's for products we already use, but if it's a high enough value coupon, I try new items as well.

Busy day today, hoping I can get all I want accomplished around the house!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Now that Superstore has such an awesome point system, I'm finding it much better than using coupons. I still have my coupon binder and take it with me but it hardly gets used now.
    The PCplus program is amazing. I finally figured out why I wasn't getting any points.....I have to load the offers...d'oh. All it took was reading the instructions. Imagine that
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=coupon girl;6119943]well I track mycoupon use I have since 1982-32years ago (see couponing has always been my hobby
    - I saved 131.31 in coupon in 1982 -lol the were like15 cents back then
    -now for 2014 i am at $1164.01(an that is just manufacter cpns-not price matching or points or anything else)
    and i don't use coupons just because I actually use the item-I may try an item with a coupon-if I don like it I wont buy it again and there is only 2 in my household[/QUO

Wow, you are one dedicated coupon user. I was only 7 in 1982 and it seems like eons ago
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaning paid off yesterday. Not only did I find an envelope with cash and GC's from my teens birthday 9 months ago! (I will be putting the cash in his bank account) I found 5 GC's! Loblaws $25, 2 x $25 for A&W, $15 For subway and $20 for Little Ceasers Pizza. My sister gives us so many so will be tucking them in my wallet for future treats for the boys. So happy as I told them the other day we are going to be really smart this winter and save etc so happy this will be free treats!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Cleaning paid off yesterday. Not only did I find an envelope with cash and GC's from my teens birthday 9 months ago! (I will be putting the cash in his bank account) I found 5 GC's! Loblaws $25, 2 x $25 for A&W, $15 For subway and $20 for Little Ceasers Pizza. My sister gives us so many so will be tucking them in my wallet for future treats for the boys. So happy as I told them the other day we are going to be really smart this winter and save etc so happy this will be free treats!
    A few years ago I lost (later found months later) a 200 GC. I was one for just tucking them in random places and then forgetting about them. So I found a cute little card box and recycled it for the GCs. Now every GC that is not in my purse in use goes there. I often get them as a thank-you for work and thay make for a nice treat & help the Christmas budget as we often get Chapters and Visa GCs. We have one from the keg that we will use for a winter dinner out with the boys.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    The PCplus program is amazing. I finally figured out why I wasn't getting any points.....I have to load the offers...d'oh. All it took was reading the instructions. Imagine that

ha ha....I live with a bunch of men and I'm always saying, "If all else fails, read instructions." Men (at least in my home) think they don't need to read them first.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    ha ha....I live with a bunch of men and I'm always saying, "If all else fails, read instructions." Men (at least in my home) think they don't need to read them first.
    The last time (the 17th of oct) i went to extra foids i loaded my offers they scanned my card and i still didnt get my points. They also never responded to my complaint.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Tip: if your pc plus acct is linked to your pc bank acct or pc mc (and you don't have a separate points card) make sure the cashier taps first for the points then again for paying. Some cashiers don't know that you have to tap twice (or three times if you are also redeeming points).

I find its less confusing just to have them tap for pc plus part way through the transaction so I don't forget at the end lol. Also by doing this you see the bonus points as the items scan

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Sort of late start for me (got up early, felt blah, so took a nap). The tall one managed to convince me I hadn't gone for a walk yet, so we ended up having 2 outings this morning, just cause someone wanted to spy on the neighbours (poor baby couldn't have fun yesterday in the rain so had to make up for it ).

Play was ok, acting was wonderful, but not my fav (LOVE Tom Stoppard, just not this particular play). It's always bad when everyone around you is either yawning or snoring. Eeek.

Also made the mistake of trying a new recipe yesterday morning. My version of the potato soup (not so bright wannabe chef that I am I forgot to add the vegetable stock) turned into a watery mashed potato - taste is good and doing a test to see if I can freeze it for a future meal (that would be great). We'll see once lunch rolls around whether this is a winner or will be part of Lily's dinner (she's hoping it fails my test ).

Have lots to do, will be going away this weekend (what am I thinking going to sn*w country in November????). So if I'm MIA, I'm off having fun sans roommates (darn allergies). Friend of a friend is having a big 50th b-day bash (I've volunteered to make sure the hot-tubbers stay well hydrated ).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I wasn't called to teach today, so I am home with LO. Unfortunately the weather is not cooperating with my plans for being outside. It is 3C, raining, and 40km/hr winds.

Yesterday I bought a few thing at WM and Sobeys. Between it being 10% off day and the coupons that I used (not including sale prices), I saved $23 on my purchases & I didn't spend all that much out of pocket. I'm going to NF with LO in a little bit. PM and get bonus point offers. Still have lots of stuff to do around the house, just haven't started yet.

edit: I just loaded a one day offer for 3,500pts wub $15 fresh fruit. I also have 100pts per $1 spent on bananas. If I can pm a nice case of Christmas oranges from Sobeys, I might use this offer.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Nov 5th, 2014 at 12:02 PM.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Still feeling the effects of the time change (takes me a week to adjust usually).

Question: Do you prefer coupons, savings apps or reward programs (ie SDM, PC Plus, Airmiles etc...)?

I prefer reward programs (did well with AirMiles when they had Chapters GCs). Right now PC points is my main one (I rarely shop at SDM & AMs take forever to collect). I do use coupons when they are for products I use (or someone I know will use). I scored huge this summer with the French's mustard deal ($1 - $0.75 coupon) and got 6 for the price of 1, it served me well as I was the mustard queen at every BBQ I went to. This week, I managed to get a bottle of Hawaiian Punch for $0.10 (the $0.99 - $1 coupon deal) which will make a friend of mine happy, so at least it will have a home (not my drink of choice). I will try the odd thing if it's free (or find a home for it), but usually only use coupons for things I buy anyway.

As for the apps, I don't have a smartphone (only access is to a Playbook tablet, which doesn't support the apps), so the only ones I can use are Snapsaves & CO51 (what I use are usually sold out, so it's taking forever to cash out).

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm so in Menopause also, I just turned 40 but have been feeling the effects for about 1.5 years, the hot flashes are the craziest thing ever, the stupid cramps which lead to nothing and the sweet tooth that last forever because my body is expecting my monthly visitor which hasn't came in about 4.5 months

Use coupons when I can but not very often as the things we purchase don't really have coupons (fruits, veggies, meats).

I really like the pc plus rewards as for the others I don't really accumulate them as I don't shop at stores such as SDM, airmiles, etc....

2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I invited myself to Costco with the inlaws tonight (lol) need just a few things that can only be gotten there, dh wants to come also which makes me very nervous as he loves Christmas decorations and of course Costco has such beautiful things and of course at great prices for the decorations atleast.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

PC points is my #1 choice these days. Once I use up my SDM points (I have enough to do 2 highest level redemptions) I don't think I will work at collecting them since I'm worried what is going to happen to the program now that Loblaws owns them.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

OH My Nancy.. feelin for ya.. wow. not ready for that...

was up to the store to get cheese..it better not get touched, for xmas..
    giant tiger has wonder on for $1.88 the bags had $.50 off coupons attached.. woohoo.
    also picked up some duracell's for my camera for $2. see if they are any better than energizer.
    already have my list for Friday. only a few staples. but good deals.

loving the sunshine, won't see it for a few days.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information