User Tag List

Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post

And KitKats. I LOVE Kitkats. But I'm good, I don't buy them by the checkout. Although, a few weeks ago when NF had them on sale & PCPlus had points with them.....Let's just say, the vegetable crisper is well stocked with treats.
    So do they count as veggies now?
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Sat, Dec 6th, 2014 at 04:06 PM.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Have done laundry, dishes, gone for a walk with DH, edited DD's Romeo and Juliet essay, the stockings are hung, a few presents wrapped and the tree is decorated thanks to DD. I have my packing laid out( okay strewn) on the bed-time to get it into the suitcase prior to bedtime tonight so we will have a place to sleep!! DD gave me my present early today-a memory foam neck travel pillow which will be very nice for travelling Always like to be done a day early to save last minute hunting for stuff etc. Written DH's to do list for while I am gone-I guess I will stock them up on groceries for the family tomorrow.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I love weekends. A time to destress from work.

We attempted to watch Dawn of the planet of the apes last night. I got so bored I ended up opting to do the dishes instead of watching! Last night for supper we had leftover chilli with hotdogs - i pulled some frozen buns from the freezer. Today for lunch we finished off the leftover chicken legs and rice (ok the boys did) i finished off the roast beef from the beef dip in a sandwich. There was some other roast beef thatwas a little older so i sliced it into chunks and gave each of the pups treats. Tonight we will be having sausages and perogies.

I hate being wasteful so if its safe for the pups i try to give them a treat. This afternoon the laundry will be washed - well some of it. And attempting to organize xmas gifts into boxes for when we leave in 2 weeks.

hope every one is doing well.
    Some leftovers are better with age.

I give the dogs a treat too, it's a nice change from their daily kibble.

Are you and bf going to visit your mum and sister for Christmas?
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    So do they count as veggies now?
    I vote yes, I think we would all consume a lot more veggies

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Have done laundry, dishes, gone for a walk with DH, edited DD's Romeo and Juliet essay, the stockings are hung, a few presents wrapped and the tree is decorated thanks to DD. I have my packing laid out( okay strewn) on the bed-time to get it into the suitcase prior to bedtime tonight so we will have a place to sleep!! DD gave me my present early today-a memory foam neck travel pillow which will be very nice for travelling Always like to be done a day early to save last minute hunting for stuff etc. Written DH's to do list for while I am gone-I guess I will stock them up on groceries for the family tomorrow.
    Very thoughtful gift and useful

Good luck packing the suitcase before bed

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi, all - well, I'm pooped and taking a break.
    Our son came over mid-morning and since then we have been going through boxes and sorting stuff (yes, we've been here a year!). The men totally flipped things in the spare room, where the computer is, so everything had to be undone, cleaned, and reassembled. In between, I was getting boxes and bags in the kitchen, where I was sorting for keep, clean, storage, garbage, donate....
    My hands and legs just can't keep up - so I broke down crying a few times, just frustrated. So much to do, and we have delayed doing stuff.
    We downsized SO much to come here, and yet there is no room for things. I have been wearing the same clothes over and over, because the rest was packed and stored. Same with kitchen things - I've been missing some of my favourite items - and have NO special things, they were all stored.
    Let alone any personal items - everything like all my jewellery has all been stored. Husband found one little box - but it's brooches and old stuff. I'm scared my ear piercings have grown in, I haven't worn earrings in a year.

And there is nothing decorative in the house. That has been making me crazy. Nothing on the walls, nothing on a shelf, just nothing pretty or nice. Everything is bare, practical, functional - and not at its best either.

Ok, I didn't mean this to be a rant, sorry = but I won't erase it, I'll let it be.

As a break, sent son out to get pizza and ribs - very odd to have such a meal at 2:30 p.m., but we didn't have lunch, so that will count for supper as well.

I probably just need a nap...
    I'll come back when I'm saner. Cats are also confused with the commotion, strange boxes, etc.
    Taffy hasn't stopped talking since Milan got here. (she's the cat who doesn't meow, just makes breathy sounds, but it's funny when she wants to make herself heard, she can!)

Really, I'm fine!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Natalka-this is nothing compared to the rants page today-ouch! Think I will keep my opinions on there to myself so I don't get myself flamed! I think a lot of folks are stressed about money, Xmas etc. Okay got the stuff in the suitcase so I think I can laze off for a bit!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-oh I hear you all that are tired -took "ashlyn" to walmart this morning -hubby as no patience (as able to get my son sleep pants for 15(sons of anarchy) last pair and a few other items-then brought her home -I feel lke ever realy went fro firday to sat -wentto bed at 9.00 last night woke up at 5.30 -soo tired -I am doing nothing on sunday but finshing my tree and laundry
    -of course my daughter jus called and said "if you were home when i called"she like to tell me her problems-she worked60 hours last week (her hubby woke her up 3 times last night cause he came in lastr from being out) ofcouse I dont compare cause I dont work 60 hours a week -uggg daughters sometimes

-oh and daughter-in law asked us to drop "ashlyn" off at her mother's at 4.00 p.m no problem
    then her mother says to me "I am so jealous of the time you get to spend with "ashyn" to which i replied "you get holidays just before xmas and get to watch her right-yep for 3 days she said that will give you a break she said to me
    -who says that I felt put on the spot(I not my fault I am not working and enjoying my granddaughter -her mom is hard to talk to -kinda like my mother-in-law (socially akward)

-of course when I told my daughter on the phone she said mom you would be jelous too-maybe but i would complain to my hubby-do you ladies think I am over analyzing the conversation????

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hubby went to Foodland tonight to get cottage rolls that are on sale. He came home with pork shoulder roasts instead...argued that they were cottage rolls because they had the same string thing. So now we have 4 roasts that we really didn`t need.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

CG-honestly hard to say if you are over analyzing the conversation as I wasn't there to hear either end. Perhaps one or both of you were a bit tired but regardless it does sound like you have a different communication style than your DIL and her mother. It sounds though like for the most part you manage the difference well in order to stay close to the wee one, your son and his wife which is great.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Impulse buying - i do. I really slacked this summer and i swear everytime i went out it was impluse buys on snacks and i admit i was stress eating. Non Grocery wise - i try nnot to impulse buy in fact i try to research and consider what is being purchased before i buy it...even making myself wait a couple weeks. I did however recently make an impulse buy of a galaxy tab 4 on black friday sales. I had been thinking of one even looking into them but it wasnt planned for until income tax time. I felt guilty BF says dont you needed a new one and what u spent on that ur saving us in the cost of all the darn hardcover books you arent buying!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Some leftovers are better with age.

I give the dogs a treat too, it's a nice change from their daily kibble.

Are you and bf going to visit your mum and sister for Christmas?

Chilli is one of those leftovers as far as im concerned yum.

We're heading to his mom's place, kidnapping her and taking her to my sister's place to stay with us and we are all spending christmas day with my mom. Moms house is gonna be full.....theres 5 of us with his mom....my one sister has a family of 4...the 2nd has her husband and theres my mom and my babiest sister....plus grandma and granddad. I hear rumors of my uncle and his wife joiining us on boxing day as well.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Natalka-this is nothing compared to the rants page today-ouch! Think I will keep my opinions on there to myself so I don't get myself flamed! I think a lot of folks are stressed about money, Xmas etc. Okay got the stuff in the suitcase so I think I can laze off for a bit!

theres a rants page??????
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

rant away Nat.. i don't think i could live in a house with no 'home' touches to it. hopefully when your feeling less tired, stressed you'll be able to find a few gems that make you happy.

my house is done minus a fireplace/mantel. dh is making one. eventually.
    im hoping to get some cookies done tomorrow.
    theres still no snow here. have to figure out how to get in the mood without it .. i think.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I am glad I am not the average Canadian as I just heard on the radio that the average Canadian is over $20,000.00 in debt not including their mortgage...ouch.
    If that includes car loans it doesn't seem all that much.

Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information