User Tag List

Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Dashing December Savings - frugal chatter 2014

------

January's Sweet Savers - Natalka

Just chilling in January - Mrs. S

Jack Frost January Savers - CouponingQueen

January JACKPOT of Savings Resolutions (while they last...) - ciel
    New Year, New Money!! Jan. 2015 - ciel
    Rolling in dough-January 2015 - ciel
    January Money-stretchers - ciel

Accountable January Savers - Jasperandchar

Financial fit January - Jasperanchar
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Mon, Dec 29th, 2014 at 01:57 PM.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

reserved for January goals

jasperandchar
    My goals for January are -

1. tackle 3 things from my to do list above and beyond the usual (dishes, laundry and making meals)

2. Bake once a week with extras for the freezer (sweet tooth bandits live here)

3. work with dh to tackle the odd jobs/renos around the house that need to be done (that we have the supplies/materials for already)

4. Eat from the freezer (only stocking up on meats that we don't currently have to change things up) on scheduled shopping days

5. any extra $ going on my taxes (has to be a priority)

6. Make cleaners from scratch (like febreeze, laundry crystals, tile cleaners, etc)

7. No eating out for sure

8. Only grocery shop bi-weekly for needs NOT wants

9. start a gratitude journal (to reflect upon) and lift my spirits and good for motivation

10. keep dh out of the stores

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, Dec 2nd, 2014 at 01:41 PM.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 2 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Can we have November back. at last 29 days of it.

subscribing so i can find it easily.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Made chicken broth in the crockpot for the first time ever last night. To think I've been throwing out chicken carcasses all these years and buying chicken broth Made roughly 3 1/2 cartons of store bought chicken broth saving me at least $5.00

I'm going to make broccoli soup using the homemade chicken broth and then freeze the rest of the broth in 2 cup size containers for later.

I found a broccoli soup recipe online that uses chicken broth, potatoes and broccoli stems (another item I used to always throw out lol). Will try making it for dinner tonight and see how it turns out.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Got up extra extra early. That's what I get for falling asleep on the couch at 9pm last night. Sigh. It's going to be a very long day.

Brats are still in bed, so have to be quiet. We know whose comfort is important around here (clearly I'm just the servant
    ).

Xmas market is closed today, so no temptation to take me away from housework.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Bobbie girl-I also peel the broccoli stems and eat them raw-delish.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I like the broccoli stems raw, too (they are what is in prepackaged broccoli slaw mix) - or I add them to a stirfry or stew/casserole.

Good morning, all!

Hoping this is our last very cold day - should get to high minus teens today.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Tonight is a cleaning night I hope! Get this work day out of the way then get my house in order so I can pull out the Christmas decorations. Will start at the top of the house and work my way down to the basement. Will get my teen started in the basement so it is mostly done when I get down there.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm not teaching today, but I am booked to teach the rest of the week. I'm hoping to wash the kitchen floor, bake some fruit muffins, spend time with LO outside, and pick up a couple second-hand clothing items for LO. Might visit my pregnant neighbour again today. She is 34wks along with her 4th child and alone.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Google Westjet 2014 Christmas video-lovely video from the Dominican Republic.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Happy December All,

Draggin' my derriere today (lol) and so is dh. If only I would have started off early this am when I don't the nothing gets done. And it doesn't help that dh is not motivated either....geez....waiting for him to wake up and nada , he's had 2 naps and has been lazing around all day. And he's off again tomorrow for a few days with FIL so I guess I should make my list of things I need or want to get done while alone

Dinner tonight is a duck and 2 partridges that dh got, I've never could duck but we'll see. When I worked in a high end country club I tried duck but didn't like it, so we'll see.

I ordered 2 of dh's gift online this am but no cyber sales on those items, ordered via Amazon so hoping they don't take too long to arrive

I ordered 1 santa gift for my 14 year old and no he no longer believes but the charade must continue until my soon to be 12 year old no longer believes

Really stumped on Logan's gifts again this year, he had 4 dvds on a list and MIL got him 2 and he said I don't just want dvds for Christmas so now I don't have anything that I can buy him according to his list or non-existent list....geez not even a list for santa . I've asked him 100's of times if he'd like this or that and nope.....so this is very stressful to say the least....good grief santa has to bring something you want??

wishing everyone a fruitful December

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Struggling to stay awake today. I stayed up until 3 AM doing DH and LO's laundry. Yesterday, I went out to pick up washer fluid for DH and a toy at TRU's sale during LO's nap. After that, we went out for a walk because it was 14C to look at the Christmas lights in the neighbourhood. Also had to move some money for LO's daycare cheque coming out. Financially, it would make sense for DH to quit his job and look after LO full time but the thought isn't going over well. My job is much closer and I have benefits, but I get the sense that DH just has to work at what he likes to do.

DH is stumped for gifts for me this year too. When you've spent the last year and a half shopping only in grocery stores, your list is pretty limited. I've been in Walmart and Target, but I just don't think I need anything this year, like last year. I want coupons for Christmas, darn it!!

DH won't make me any because he says I won't use them. I say I can't use them because he makes them all pretty. I told him to make them ugly and I will (without putting gross things like spiders on them).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Good video, lizzie bargain! Did not know that Westjet was that involved in the Dominican Republic.
    It's the half of Hispanola that gets more tourists for winter trips. It's also warmer than Canada!

Andit-your pets must like to have your bed if they let fall asleep on the couch! Would think they'd take the couch at night so you can have your bed all to yourself. If only you could lure them with some pet videos before bedtime in the living room, then you can claim your bed back! Lovely reports of your Christmas market visits! Cannot imagine the effort involved in putting together a Ferris wheel in the cold weather.

Frugabigmama-the upstairs/downstairs Xmas decoration project will be a great change from a routine night of "the usual," so do enjoy a treat or music while you whistle while you work!

For all of the SCers commuting today, hope you enjoy some sunshine while it's fully present on December's first day. No Christmas decorating goes on here except a small door wreath that I may find from storage (thanks for the decoration posts as they reminded me of the wreath).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Not a good day here. On the weekend the left side of my skull started acting up. So far it had been the right side. Called the Dr. and he`s increasing the prednisone back to 15 mg for 8 weeks and then will start weaning again. I`m back to taking pain meds every 4 hours again. This morning I woke up at 7:00 took the first and within 15 minutes was barfing. That lasted for the next hour.
    I was supposed to go to the ladies Christmas potluck at church tonight but that`s not happening.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry to hear that Crochetlady. Hope you find the right balance of meds to make things good, or at least bearable.

It was awesome here today, high of 13. Made sure to fill up the gas tank so I wouldn't be kicking myself if I had to refuel on a freezing cold day.
    The only Christmas decorating I've done today (or at all) was at work. It wasn't going to get done otherwise if it hadn't been for me lol
    Last edited by padyofurniture; Mon, Dec 1st, 2014 at 03:47 PM.

Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information