User Tag List

Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Let night teen really wanted pizza and I wouldn't have said no to Chinese. But I knew we had food and didn't want to be bad so talked the kids into chicken strips, hash browns and ceaser salad ( they wanted something right away). We defrosted chicken and put pasta on. My honey made an amazing sauce from a spinach and cheese sauce and added cream cheese from fridge that we don't like. He even sautéed fresh mushrooms . It was so good. And we each had a glass of wine from the bottle we didn't finish from last weekend. The best part of the night was everyone cuddled on couch to watch movie DS picked out ( how to train your dragon 2) we waited till my teen had enough of his homework and started movie at 930 but was worth it .
    Giseledta, Natalka, ROMEO and 6 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We would have survived if I didn't go get groceries but wanted a few sale items and am happy with my haul. Spent $26 cash plus redeemed $30 in pc points. The haul:
    spinach ( for salads for work this week when I don't have leftovers)
    2 roasts. ( I usually buy small ones but went for bigger ones so we have leftovers ) $12 and $10 each FB sale
    6 bars of cheese. Pm fresh co sale and used $2 coupons.
    20 pack of mini croissants ( ds requested)
    bananas
    4 l milk
    2 cucumbers ( 88 cents Walmart and I received 400 pc points each)
    meat pie ( $5. Figure worth it for a quick no fuss meal since oldest does like it and I'm sure youngest will if he tries it)
    so a good mix that will add to meals. Lettuce is $2.99 a head at my store. No thanks. We will make do with other stuff. We still have apples left and frozen fruit in freezer so will make smoothies for everyone

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaned fridge out a bit. Moved all leftovers to top so we know what to use up. Will serve boys leftovers for lunch. Ribs. Homemade fries. Cooked carrots. Crockpot chicken. Pasta. A good mixture.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Really trying to find some ambition today. I woke up the past two days feeling like I am fighting off a cold, I keep telling my body we do not have time for this right now.

Got quite a few things to get done around the house today before I leave. They come this week to switch all of our services so there are some areas we need to clean up so they can access the areas they need. Not too much to move just a few boxes that have not been moved yet.

Than I need to pack everything for the week including my food. I grabbed a tub of yogurt and a bag of kale salad to take with me to eat. Will see what else I can come up with to pack, normally when I travel I eat breakfast in the restaurant but thinking this time around I may pack breakfast and eat at the location instead. It will give me more time in the location to work with the staff as I really feel I am crunched for time. As well it will be way healthier for me, I have started to see some weight loss and do not want to back track.

OK, I must go and try to find some ambition I have a lot to get done today. Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Got a lot accomplished yesterday in regard to cleaning and clearing, but wow my body is paying for it today! Husband worked really hard, too.

I pulled a muscle kind of under my ribcage on my left side (probably from twisting and doing things sideways like I was....) and every little movement hurts, no matter if standing, sitting - and lordie, coughing/sneezing is SO painful. Can't really do anything to fix it - ty and rest, I suppose. Gah!

Weather is nice, so awesome that it's continuing. Very odd for this time of year for us, though -

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you feel better Natalka, pulled muscles can be the worst
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just cleaned off my junk counter and I didn't even have that on my list lol. And have a pick up at 4 for $5. It was an old posting as I haven't posted in awhile. Have to get back at it!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nat take it easy -when I walked down the stairs this morning my one knee killed me -so vegged on the couch and watched a movie with hubby
    -now to do laundry -really need to get fruit /veggies but will wait tll mon
    -tue the library s having a seminar "how to save on groceries,meals etc" I signed up awhile ago with my neighbour-now they are full not taking anymore people -who knows may find out something new

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    nat take it easy -when I walked down the stairs this morning my one knee killed me -so vegged on the couch and watched a movie with hubby
    -now to do laundry -really need to get fruit /veggies but will wait tll mon
    -tue the library s having a seminar "how to save on groceries,meals etc" I signed up awhile ago with my neighbour-now they are full not taking anymore people -who knows may find out something new
    Coupon girl: you could teach this course. Let us know if you learn anything new
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dishwasher emptied. Dinner prepped. Having roast beef, mashed potatoes with gravy and veggies. Love having the prep done and just having to turn on oven and stove burners! I may even make the kids jello for dessert!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went through youngest DS's closet. Decided he does not need any shorts or tshirts this summer. He is set! Even tossed some junk clothing and post a few things for sale. Next I need to post his too small soccer and ball hockey stuff .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-wow frugal mama you are doing great clearing house

-just chatted with my daughter for an hour love catching up with her

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Oh so proud of myself. Just went down to basement and spent some time cleaning. Posted stuff for sale and free as I went along. Have a free pick up and sale arranged . And a garbage bag ready to go out to garage for garbage day. Totally see progress. Cleaned off a shelving unit and moved it to a better spot and only put laundry soap on bottom shelf so far! took a break but think I want to go back down!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Lizzie, thanks for sharing your heart and perspective. I am sorry you experience the hurt of having lost a child.

I think it is school board protocol that everything be run through parents. The child is their loss first and foremost. Your words are a good reminder of this...while everyone will grieve in their own way, it must be sensitive to those whose loss is the greatest.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

just so you all know...
    Frugalbigmama is coming to my house when she's done hers

yesterday we spent the day out 'researching', no no you'll all have to wait... plus we did shopping.. ive been keeping receipts for everything to track our spending. we picked up extra things as ds2 starts back to start tomorrow. WOOHOO!

got home at 730-8.. had a quick leftover dinner.. then watched tv till 1am bad idea..

slept in and started work right after breakfast.

now dh is cleaning off the back deck so the poor hydro guy doesn't have to climb over the slippery hills again.
    im working on laundry, kitched is cleaned. need to vaccuum, then we can relax. maybe.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast

Thread Information