User Tag List

Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

thought i'd share the first actual crochet project i finished. my slippers. they are made from cotton yarn, so i'm going to wash them in hot water to shrink them a bit. quite happy. they are comfy. next im working on a tie for dh. yes a crocheted tie. i'll post a pic.
    Name:  slipper10 001.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  75.8 KB
    Giseledta, Andit, Natalka and 8 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

'Nice slippers MrsS
    Andit, ROMEO, avoncallingu and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

MrsS - awesome slippers, love the colours! I remember my oldest sister making me a pair a very long time ago, and they were so comfy.

Not saying this to get sympathy, but geez my side being hurt like this is a total PITA - seems like every movement is hurtful - and a cough (even if I try suppress) leads me to cry. What an absolutely stooopid thing to have happened. And to think that I was being so careful yesterday to not hurt a knee or back...
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Friday night while town, did my grocery shopping. - and gas- airmiles for both.
    Sat - did 20 x at shoppers.
    got some new lights, we are slowly replacing the gold lights.....

cashed in for my 5th swagbucks gc.
    doing laundry on cheap time.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 6 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

At the arena now while roast is in oven. Good thing I know dinner will be soon once we get home or else I would be eating arena fries right now!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

thanks all. they are super comfy. i chose the multi color yarn to match my housecoat, plus anything else i wear. lol
    Nat. wonder if you should get checked out to make sure its only a pulled muscle.

hubby and i and kids are watching Maze.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Didn`t accomplish much today. I got addicted to an online game and did a bit of crocheting. Was going to visit bil in hospital but hubby wasn`t feeling well.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Had 2 pick ups today. A blender for $10 and 5 little Easter containers for $2

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good evening, everyone.

Just got home a little while ago. Roommates were brats, so we had to leave so the humans could get some rest (for some reason, they are perfect little angels here, sleeping through the night - at my Mom's we are serenaded by meowing and whining at all hours). I think it's cause they listen to me here since I have control over the treat jar.

Here's hoping the politician gets things rolling, she seemed interested in fixing things, so that's a plus. And I think she finally got the issue. We'll see what happens.

The b-day party on Sat was lots of fun. We went to the Carlyle in Port Hope - they had a dinner deal as part of their Winterlicious (potato & leek soup, crab cakes, lemon sorbet to cleanse the palate, prime rib with Yorkshire pudding & potatoes & veggies, carrot cake for dessert). We were barely able to roll out of there, having eaten far too much food. And for only $20! B-day girl had fun, which is the most important thing.

Better console the brats. Quincy cat has done his checks to make sure no one touched his things while we were gone, but has decided to do another patrol, just in case he missed something. Lily dog is sulking in her bed cause we had to leave the land of treats and come home to the land of working for food (have to work off those calories some how).

Hope everyone had a great weekend and is enjoying their evening.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

@sweet sparrow @Crochetlady

The first pic is a garnet necklace I made for the b-day gal who had the party this weekend (the beads are a deep dark red, almost burgundy).

Name:  P1080237.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  64.9 KB

The amethyst pieces are all with silver-plated chain & findings. The colour isn't quite true, I'll take some better pics in the morning (silly me was going crazy trying to find the camera battery charger - turns out I left it at my Mom's, good thing I had to go there this weekend!).

Name:  P1080240.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  70.6 KB

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks for the pics Andit. The jewelry is very pretty. If you ever decide to sell any, please let me know. I have a jewelry fetish.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Natalka I hope you are feeling better today!

Andit, lovely jewelry ,love anything amethyst!!

Mrs. Sunshine, nice slippers, I am crotchet challenged but I love anything crotched, a bit envious!

I did not have a frugal weekend, passport photos done and will send off my renewal today as well as vehicle registration times 3 made for a very expensive weekend. Went to Fabric land for the buy one meter get 2 free so bought some beautiful boucle to make a cape for fall, some burlap to make new Christmas stockings and some outdoor fabric to recover the cushions on my patio furniture.I have lots of projects now to keep me more than occupied! I will need to pick up some fresh produce this morning to tide us over for the week. At the hospital 3 times this week for cardio rehab and off to Calgary for more allergy testing, attending my granddaughters assembly she is MCing on Thursday and I work 3 shifts this week. Going to be a busy one for sure!!!
    Have a great week everyone!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Mon, Jan 26th, 2015 at 10:11 AM.
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Had a long chat with the brats - told them if they misbehave they'll never be allowed to go back to the land of treat dispensers nor will the treat dispensers come to visit. Must have worked, since they both slept in this morning.

Today is rearrange the fridge & freezer day. A few good sales on this week, so have to make room. I suppose I could just let the brats have at it, since most of the space is taken up by dogfood and liver treats. Methinks I need a life.

Trying not to think about the sn*wflakes outside (it's cooold!).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Is anyone interested in Similac cheques? (Long story short, I signed up for a neighbour who was nervous about giving out private info & now she's not interested)

I have a $5 cheque (expiry date July 1, 2015) and a $10 cheque (expiry date June 8, 2015). I also have a $5 coupon for Similac Advance with Omega-3 and Omega-6 (expiry date Jan 31, 2016) and a $7 coupon for Similac Partially Broken Down Protein 638g container (expiry date Jan 31, 2016).

Not looking for anything (tho I won't say no to chocolate/chips/puppy or kitten chow coupons ), just want to see them go to good homes.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning all! Have a $2 pick up today and $18 tomorrow . Another item from cleaning the basement yesterday! So happy. Hope to get at it a bit tonight. My honey is taking the dryer off the wash machine. Then I can get rid of washer (leaking) and clean around there and then be ready when I purchase a new one in the next month I really didn't like them stacked as it blocks the light in laundry room and made the laundry tub area very dark too. I have so much garbage to go out this week since I tossed so much yesterday. Glad to see it go!

Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast

Thread Information