User Tag List

Page 7 of 71 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well Nancy I was going to just buy eggs and chocolate milk at Shoppers but you talked me into spending over $50 on staples lol. Christmas wrap was marked down to .99 so bought 5 rolls since I haven't bought in years and was getting low. Happy with what I got . Also picked up two full grocery bags of school uniform for DS. Yipppeeee! Free. Had to drive 25 mins away but so worth it and grateful so hit that local Walmart and bought 2 huge rolls of wrapping paper for $2.25 reg $9. ( one Santa paper and the other blue suitable for the men in my life for birthdays, Father's Day etc) so I am set for the next 2 years at least!!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, Jan 3rd, 2015 at 04:09 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Well Nancy I was going to just buy eggs and chocolate milk at Shoppers but you talked me into spending over $50 on staples lol. Christmas wrap was marked down to .99 so bought 5 rolls since I haven't bought in years and was getting low. Happy with what I got . Also picked up two full grocery bags of school uniform for DS. Yipppeeee! Free. Had to drive 25 mins away but so worth it and grateful so hit that local Walmart and bought 2 huge rolls of wrapping paper for $2.25 reg $9. ( one Santa paper and the other blue suitable for the men in my life for birthdays, Father's Day etc) so I am set for the next 2 years at least!!
    haha FBM - well you do wonders with your shopping so I bet you did better than me .

Score on the free school uniforms they are so pricey (unjustifiable in my opinion specially since the kids have no choice) just my 2 cents....you can see this is a bone of contentions with me
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

did the shoppers 20 x point thing. everything I got was on sale,and on my list. love it.
    Went to foodland. got sales, spent 20.00
    good for the week.
    under my budget for 100.0 for week.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

well off to make a pork vegetable stir fry with leftover rice, just going to wing it
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

winging it usally makes the best meals.

I ham and potatoe soup in the c.p.
    Ham bone, lefmtover potatoes.yummy
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Does anyone use carnation milk? I have the buy 2 get $1.00 from the Ziploc, but we will never use them . I have 5 so if you want them PM me.

Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-andit so glad your surgery went well -remember no lifting or bending
    -oh hope yr mom feels better -I just got over a flu bug/cold
    -went to have tea at my neighbours(she is getting the hang of p.c points) I was slippery waking to her house 3 doors down

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

yep pretty yucky out.
    have a pick up tonite of my LO tdiscs. rather sell them a little cheaper then have them for nothing.

joined a group on line for knitting and crocheting. going to take my gc to Michael's and buy some quality needles and start this week.
    like to add to my skills.
    wish me luck with that.

so in regards to our meeting.. many goals set.
    some chores set. for now thats all im divulging
    all fill in more in a few days when things are more 'set in stone'
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Mrs S-you are always so mysterious! J and C-I find it depends at SDM what you can combine or not. For eg the other day it was seniors day and I needed some over the counter med so asked for the 20% discount and got it( take your MIL if needed). Then I had a personal offer for spend $10 on OTC meds and get 10x the points and I asked and they took that too-so just use the offer most important to you first and then ask if you can use the other-their computer always knows! TG-roads not too bad!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sorry for the pity party, but I continue to feel absolutely horrible!
    When I was pregnant with LO in 2012, I lost 20lbs before I gained 21lbs (so I was +1lb when I went into labour with him). This time I have been even more sick and earlier in the pregnancy than I was with him. I only managed to keep lunch down today. I am continuing to lose weight without effort because food and I have such a horrible relationship right now. I really want to avoid having the doctors suggest anti-nausea medications. I'm making certain that I'm not dehydrated and I am taking my prenatal vitamin in the evening. It sucks so badly because my upper abdomen hurts all day, nausea, headache (which has lessened over the last week), exhaustion, etc. I am finding it hard to accomplish anything around the house, errands, etc. I'm looking forward to going back to work because having a specific focus and goal throughout the day might help me keep my mind off things. I'm going to tell the staff at the Catholic schools that I am pregnant, whenever I teach for them.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh Angela that sounds miserable. It may be worth considering trying the meds-I would not want to see you having to be in the hospital to manage your alll day nausea.You certainly have my sympathies! I hope you will feel better soon!

KJH
    Male
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    winging it usally makes the best meals.

I ham and potatoe soup in the c.p.
    Ham bone, lefmtover potatoes.yummy
    can I have your recipe please!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Avon Hope your husband feels better soon.

Angela so sorry to hear how sick you are. My cousin's wife was the same with her pregnancy and was sick pretty much all but one month.

Well yesterday's plan did not go as planned. We went out and did our running around, took a return to the post office to mail back, ran into No Frills to grab a couple things for back to work so far we have spent under $15 on groceries this week but have not really looked at the flyers to see if there is anything we need. Came home and had something to eat and than we both took a nap which never happens in our house, neither of us nap but Mom is fighting off a cold and my sinuses gave me one horrible headache. After our naps we had dinner and managed to get the book shelf completed, in total we had somewhere between 10 to 15 boxes of books in various places within our house that needed to be put away, so this gave us back a lot of floor space. As well I emptied 3 boxes in the dinning room and sorted through what we called Nanny hospital bag, it was everything that was left in her room when she passed, it has been living in our dinning room for over 2 years now. Bag has been emptied and taken care of.

Today so far laundry has been started, I also need to clean off the coffee table and make it functional again plus clean up a pile that has formed in front of our TV unit which I want to clean. I have become slightly addicted to Swiffer Dust & Shine if it is wood I have to clean it and the TV stand is next on my list. I would also like to clean up my stockpile today but we will have to see if that happens as I also need to get ready to go back to work tomorrow. As well I need to figure out if I can make it to the dumpster as I have my third shopping cart of garbage and recycling ready to go out but not sure I can get the shopping cart to the dumpster right now due to the weather.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Yay! Everyone slept through the night and we're all feeling better! Now, if I could only bottle Lily dog's energy I'd make a fortune.

Have to catch up on all the fun things that get ignored while on holiday - emails, PMs, news, dusting (I swear I live in a dust bowl ), figuring out what food I have in the freezer and making sure we don't starve (definitely time to bake for the brats). How is it that within minutes of waking up, there is enough fur on the freshly vacuumed carpet to make a kennel full of critters?

I'd better get started on the cookies, I'm already in the doghouse for forcing a certain someone to go out in the pouring rain.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Sunday! Not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off. Fried eggs this morning to make tomorrow morning smoother. Kids love egg mcmuffins! We are off to grab the things I didn't get the other day and be set for the week.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Page 7 of 71 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread Information