User Tag List

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree661Likes

Thread: UPDATE: Will Target leave Canada in 2015? Yes.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

We went in last night, because I was exhausted (heavy-duty cleaning the house, yesterday) and needed some Starbucks. The Shoppers World location (which we are at usually twice or more times a week), was the busiest I have EVER seen it. We were in there Tuesday, and they had marked some stuff down since then. Chatting with the cashier-she said the people were 'early'... DH was laughing at me, calling me a hipster, cause I called them poseurs. :p I shop at Target almost daily!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

@GoddessDigi , it would be interesting to find out what the cashier meant when she said that the people were "early". Just wondering what the right time would be, to get the best discounts with Target's liquidation sale

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    @GoddessDigi , it would be interesting to find out what the cashier meant when she said that the people were "early". Just wondering what the right time would be, to get the best discounts with Target's liquidation sale
    Well you can relax for the time being because they are still working with the ad they have for this week.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 10:18 AM.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's really too bad that Target is leaving. I like their clothes, bedding, furniture, etc WAY better than crappy Walmart. Hate seeing Walmart with no competition and all the power. Really wish things worked out better for Target here in Canada. Gonna miss ya!
    Want Free Gift Cards? Join me at SWAGBUCKS!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/bekki3

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

About Giant Tiger, one newspaper was saying that some landlords where there are currently Target stores, is calling Giant Tiger to see if they are interested in the space that Target has.

http://ottawacitizen.com/business/lo...gets-departure
    I'd love to have a Giant Tiger closer to me, so fingers crossed my location gets turned into a GT.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 10:16 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

About Giant Tiger, one newspaper was saying that some landlords where there are currently Target stores, is calling Giant Tiger to see if they are interested in the space that Target has.

http://ottawacitizen.com/business/lo...gets-departure
    I've never been to a Giant Tiger store. Are the stores that large - as big as a Walmart or Target?

Ron.
    Decaf likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Even hubby said, if they'd come to Canada with the same products/prices as the States, they would have done so much better, even if they lost out on a little money doing that, they'd made off big time in the end.
    ppl were looking for that when they came here. me included. in the end i only did well with their xmas at 90% off.

RonBC- Giant Tiger stores aren't huge by any means, maybe a 1/3 the size of walmart. however their prices def. compete in my books. 9/10 i'll shop at Gt before i hit Wm or NFs. luckily for me a 3 are on the same block.
    Decaf and Shwa Girl like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    GT always has excellent prices on basics like onions, carrots, celery, tomatoes, mushrooms, oranges

They just have a very sparse product lineup, small stores, and honestly their housewares and clothing is even cheaper quality than Walmart.
    Giant Tiger is great for price matching.
    I have price matched Giant Tiger flyer items at Target
    Decaf and JDI007 like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 10:16 AM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bekki3 View Post
    It's really too bad that Target is leaving. I like their clothes, bedding, furniture, etc WAY better than crappy Walmart. Hate seeing Walmart with no competition and all the power. Really wish things worked out better for Target here in Canada. Gonna miss ya!
    The radio reports was that Target closing was trending on Twitter
    The Twitter line was hashtag bring back Zellers
    Some of my coworkers who have parents who are seniors were saying that seniors who use to go to the Zellers restaurant for lunch, loved Zellers. They could use their senior’s card and get a discount.
    One coworker says her Mum never forgave Zellers for leaving and refused to go into a Target for that reason. Her Mum lives in a rural town, and her Mum is particular about her weekly routine and where she shops.
    princessjen likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    Even hubby said, if they'd come to Canada with the same products/prices as the States, they would have done so much better, even if they lost out on a little money doing that, they'd made off big time in the end.
    ppl were looking for that when they came here. me included. in the end i only did well with their xmas at 90% off.

RonBC- Giant Tiger stores aren't huge by any means, maybe a 1/3 the size of walmart. however their prices def. compete in my books. 9/10 i'll shop at Gt before i hit Wm or NFs. luckily for me a 3 are on the same block.
    But they couldn't bring in the same products as the states due to government restrictions. And honestly the prices on clothing, houseware, most toys and most food items were exactly the same as what they are in the States, or within a dollar or two(which with the exchange rate being what it is now really isn't cheaper). The only thing I found that was a lot cheaper at Target in the States was drugstore brand make up(Revlon, Cover Girl, Maybelline etc) and even that was only 3-4 bucks less than here.

On a side note, I was at Target today to get diapers and it was packed(like busier than boxing day). Everyone was talking to employees/managers and saying how much they would miss Target and hated the thought of going back to Walmart. There was also a couple of people from head office walking around and asking employees what kind of feedback they were getting about closing.
    princessjen likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Someone called into the radio talk show yesterday on this subject. He said he knew people that had refused to set foot in target due to them not hiring any long time employees from zellers (including himself )
    Last edited by terry2144; Fri, Jan 16th, 2015 at 01:13 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did you see any deals last night? liquidations?
    Thanks
    No liquidations, just reg clearance. $2 thermos cooler jugs, $7-$15 coolers, that's about it.

I wanted to use my last Goldfish cracker coupon, $2 off Glade wax melts for the $2.99 3 pack, and the lean cuisine sale with coupon. Was successful.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information