User Tag List

Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

MrsSunshine, I like mice, I just don't like them pooping freely and chewing up wires. I'm worrying about LO getting into something unsanitary.

Does anyone use washing soda on this thread? Is Borax the only brand available? And what is a good price for it?
    @Gra inger, thank you for the suggestion. I was looking at some on Amazon, some that were one use and disposable. They were really expensive, but I'm not sure I want to clean or see the aftermath... There were some open wooden ones that were very economical but all seem to have mixed reviews. It seems like they all prefer one over another!

What is the one year exchange warranty at CT?
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 3 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

ya sweetsparrow.. im just kidding. they are cute, but do some yucky things and unsafe too.

well crossing my fingers and praying A we don't get this storm predicted.
    B my sons come home with jobs. or prospects of them. both applying to two different places today/tonite.

really need this. especially for them.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hope they both get the jobs Mrs S!
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday, I made a double batch of oatmeal drop cookies with a cup of frozen wild blueberries. Not ashamed to say I ate about 20 of them yesterday (late lunch with tea, then at night after some drama at home). Homemade treats are so good this week.

I have been using frozen berries or cherries with my morning Weetabix, a tbsp of hemp seeds (original-taste like hazelnuts) and hot water this week. Good breakfast but I'm out of cherries and the blueberries are almost gone. Not going to nab the $9.99 big bags of PC frozen fruit (expires today) but hope the smaller bags are on sale again soon.

Don't know if your cereal coupons for Oasis juice applies to the 1.75L cartons? Food Basics has Oasis cartons on for $1.99 (last day is today).

Will look over flyers online as it might be sometime before today's community paper bundle arrives. A very cold windchill is coming this afternoon. Yesterday, there was a cold icy wind before the snow flurries in the afternoon (after2pm)-yet the morning was milder than Tuesday morning.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

me too FBM. one is already back in school. now just working on getting the other one enrolled for fall. he had to find a job though badly.
    so if all works out they will both be working/in school.
    yay.

so after reposting again. looking at a little more $ for the weekend.

been going gangbusters on the house. its looking good.

time for lunch.
    Andit, Ciel, coupon girl and 5 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Yesterday, I made a double batch of oatmeal drop cookies with a cup of frozen wild blueberries. Not ashamed to say I ate about 20 of them yesterday (late lunch with tea, then at night after some drama at home). Homemade treats are so good this week.
    Oatmeal and blueberries! That sounds yummy! This week I have to make some blueberry pancakes for LO's lunch. They're having one at school so I'm making her some so she doesn't feel left out, saving the cost of buying lunch from the school. No way is she going to eat $5 worth....!

Resolve and Oxi Clean Baby did not work on my stain. This weekend, I'll try a homemade concoction on the stain as well as try it out on some t-shirts. Hope I'll have some good news to report back!

MrsSunshine, I don't know if it'll help your sons, but when I went for my last interview, I told myself that I was interviewing the company to see if I wanted to work for them. It calmed my nerves enough to do well enough to be offered the job! Wishing them luck!
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Thu, Feb 12th, 2015 at 12:34 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SS- a friend of mine used to soak her daughters stained clothes in Mr Clean diluted with water for about 24 hrs and she felt it got most anything out.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    It's almost Friday And not a bad day planned for me at work. Hope to keep at stuff and make my day tomorrow smoother. Left the house with dishes in the sink but at least everyone had breakfast and a lunch to take. Will tidy kitchen tonight and do some laundry. Dinner tonight is leftover roast beef, peameal bacon, eggs, hashbrowns and toast. Cleaning out the fridge. I have a Kelsey's GC that my sister gave me and hope to take them out one night next week
    maybe Monday it's family day
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Andit enjoy yourself tonight

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post

I have been using frozen berries or cherries with my morning Weetabix, a tbsp of hemp seeds (original-taste like hazelnuts) and hot water this week. Good breakfast but I'm out of cherries and the blueberries are almost gone. Not going to nab the $9.99 big bags of PC frozen fruit (expires today) but hope the smaller bags are on sale again soon.

Don't know if your cereal coupons for Oasis juice applies to the 1.75L cartons? Food Basics has Oasis cartons on for $1.99 (last day is today).

Will look over flyers online as it might be sometime before today's community paper bundle arrives. A very cold windchill is coming this afternoon. Yesterday, there was a cold icy wind before the snow flurries in the afternoon (after2pm)-yet the morning was milder than Tuesday morning.
    Who's counts when they eat cookies enjoy them

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good luck to your boys with their job searches

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

A little jealous of the cookies Ciel!!! Only 20 no problem!!

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I really wish managers that want to hire more people, would be more receptive to them upon meeting them.
    poor kid feels like he was brushed off. the manager didn't even seem aware that 'he' was hiring. u really need to talk to your staff more often..
    he's going to another place this afternoon/tomorrow.

dh has found me a place to go who will help me find the 'perfect job' and the support i need no matter what my needs are.
    i can't wait.
    first though cleaning continues. i haven't seen this place look so fresh. amazing how open a place looks when there isn't stuff everywhere.

ummm ciel.. i'll help ya 'taste test' those cookies with ya. if theres any left?? LOL
    Andit, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Our mouse was under the stove too. I think the exchange warranty is exactly what it says it is. If the trap breaks or doesn't work you can exchange it within the year purchase. We had a clean kill, so DH wears gloves, took trap outside, emptied and tossed mouse in the field for the wild cats, wiped trap with snow and dried with paper towel before resetting. I could do it if I had to.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well. second place he goes too says he's a week late. man this kids luck!! gotta keep on trucking and trying.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information