User Tag List

Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Will be really watching for reduced meat for sure (I already do but even more so now) Glad we have lots of stuff in the freezer still to choose from. And if I'm totally out will be a good time to redeem SDM pts for steak and lean beef.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ground pork- What would you use this for besides mixed with beef for meat pie and meatballs? Our store had it one sale and PC pts offer this week. Pork burger? not sure if I would like lol or kids.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Ground pork- What would you use this for besides mixed with beef for meat pie and meatballs? Our store had it one sale and PC pts offer this week. Pork burger? not sure if I would like lol or kids.
    I made tacos with it. It's funny, I have been buying it too because it has been on sale, thinking I wasn't sure if I would like it. Now I'm wondering what the hell I was thinking. I like the tacos better with the ground pork. I have pinned some recipes for Asian meatballs and I'll be making a huge batch of those next.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

- In chili (didn't taste the difference)

- mixed with ground beef in meatloaf and meatballs

- mixed with ground beef in hamburger patties (this recipe is awesome http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/b...--pork-burgers)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Dh made home made wontons with ground pork, they were delish.
    I have the 200 pc points on pork offer this week so I am thinking of a few pork roasts.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

We've been using ground pork solely since ground beef has gotten so expensive. We buy lean, which makes a huge difference than cooking with regular.
    We cook with it in all the same ways as gr beef - and in many recipes it's better and more versatile since it's a softer meat. Meatballs, burgers, lasagne, shipwreck and other casseroles, and it's the absolute best in chili.

lilo's post reminded me - yum on fried wontons! Haven't made them in a while - I'm putting skins on the shopping list!
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Feb 6th, 2015 at 06:21 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Mostly Canadian theatre actors - you've likely seen them as extras in movies but you wouldn't know their names. The sweetie who came up & hugged me played the father in a series of movies about a little girl during the depression (Booky does whatever ). In terms of famous people you'd know, I've met Paul Gross (he is waaaay prettier in person than on screen), Joan Rivers (tiny little thing and was the sweetest lady I've ever met), Bryan Adams (I stood in line an hour to get his autograph for my best friend Sue when he released that book of photos - when he asked who to dedicate it to, he started serenading me with Wake up Little Suzy; also ran into him in an elevator - he asked which floor I wanted & made small talk - if I wasn't already a rabid fan, I'd be so enamoured ), Megan Follows (Anne of Green Gables) & Sarah Polley (Road to Avonlea) - both lovely intelligent ladies. For a while Shawn Doyle (he played the brother on Big Love) was my next door neighbour. There are some others, but I don't think you'd know them. It helps that I hang out with thespians (spend a lot of time at a theatre literally across the street from me - haven't been there for a year with all the health issues I've had, but I'm going back the end of the month - can't wait!!! ).
    Paul Gross is hot. I've wanted him for Christmas for years

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I need some swagbuck guidance, I know there is a thread but I don't always get the clarity that I require

so can my frugal friends shed some light..... I'm in swag buck training and you are my teacher/guidance counsellors

I only started about 1 week ago yep I'm behind in the times, slowly catching up with all you folks (in time).

so here are my questions....

1. There are daily goals and yes most often I reach the 80sb

BUT THEN

2. A 2nd goal appears??? Sometimes I make that goal but not very often, so why the 2nd goal? Can it be removed by me to not stress me out .

3. I know many people cash out and select e-gift cards but my printer is not the most reliable so I'm hesitant to consider this when I can cash out. If it doesn't print out I'm guessing your sh*t out of luck, right? as there is no way to really prove you didn't use the e-gift print out coupons or perhaps I'm not understanding the e-gift card theory???.

I'm not concerned about the ones to amazon because you can enter the codes online on amazon, right?

Like I said I'm only 1 week old at doing (I'm just a baby) so any tips or feedback are greatly appreciated
    I tend to ignore the second goal

I have only ever cashed out for PayPal or Amazon cards.

I do my daily game poll noso and toolbar. Because my cell is unlimited I let the mobile videos run to get the rest of my goal

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thanks for the ground pork info and ideas . Will be grabbing some. Good idea for tacos. The seasoning is so strong I'm sure kids wouldn't notice the difference!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Thought I would update on my student who died. We did a balloon release on the day that would have been her 13th birthday. Students are selling flowers for Valentines Day to donate to charity in her honour. The ideas came from the students and were supported by family.

Schools in Ontario (or at least our board) are avoiding "permanent" memorials now (benches, art, gardens, awards..etc), because as time passes and staff changes, they become difficult to maintain with the proper level of respect and and honour that is due. I was also told by our principal that in the larger schools like ours (800+) we may see many deaths over a school lifetime (staff and students) and non-permanent memorials are more manageable. I feel like that that response is a little indifferent...why not a plaque then to at least name those lost in an area somewhere in the building?

We lost one student last year too. We received news about a second student who died this year, a little boy who attended our school before starting at the local French Immersion school lost his battle to cancer this week. I suppose there is truth in what my principal said.

On a happier note, I told my class I was pregnant today. We played 20 questions.

Is it a person? --> yes
    Are they famous --> no
    Is it a male? --> I don't know
    about 10 questions later among many confused faces
    Are you related to this person? --> yes
    Have you met this person yet? --> no

To which once student yelled..."Oh my goodness, she is telling us she is pregnant!!!"

I have never seen such a bunch of excited little monkeys. Best part of my day.
    Last edited by Granger; Fri, Feb 6th, 2015 at 08:45 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

aww love how you 'announced' your pregnancy. so cool.

so i have 3 pick ups tomorrow. valentines day is going to be really awesome this keeps up.
    finished a project. and dressed up a couple of other pieces. once i see if i have enough yarn to make booties. i'll post pics of the final set.

did groceries today, pmd a couple of things. i went for grapes they didnt' have any except one bag. when i asked if they'd get more. he took the bag and said maybe tomorrow. i still want that bag.. guess not.
    i need to go back and a couple of things. pickles, bread, grapes.
    i had to laugh this lovely older lady was telling me about PM"ing. oh yes very familiar. quite nice to hear from her experiences.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'm still making slow progress through Gail's book but read a passage on how to reduce the income tax deducted at source if you have the following deductions:
    Some people say that they like getting a refund because it's "forced savings."Are you kidding me? Savings on which you earn nothing for the year, while you struggle to come up with the money to achieve the goals you've set for yourself?

If you're serious about about your financial independence and being in control of your money, today's the day to make some changes. Get yourself a copy of Form T1213 (you can find it online), and use it to request permission from the Tax Man to have your employer reduce the amount of income tax taken off every paycheque.

If you can demonstrate that you're eligible for certain recurring deductions that will reduce your tax bill at the end of the year, then you can trade in your tax refund for more take-home pay. Do you make monthly RRSP contributions by way of preauthorized withdrawals? You're eligible. How about childcare expenses? If you are tithing monthly, you can do it for your charitable donations. If you have rental losses, interest expenses on investment loans, or carrying charges, those are eligible too.
    Link to the form page: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t1213/README.html

Just note that even Gail writes you cannot rely on what a CRA staffer says about tax rules. Best to run any concerns past a tax expert (accountant/lawyer) if you want clarification.

Thought it might help SCers be aware of the form if one of the eligible amounts applies to their own situations.

Insights: the author has many ideas of what a woman needs to be financially independent and there are many financial plans/insurance considerations>plan for your own circumstances and not upon what others tell you of their own. (I still am stunned at all of the things she says one needs--no hope here for me yet.)
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    We've been using ground pork solely since ground beef has gotten so expensive. We buy lean, which makes a huge difference than cooking with regular.
    We cook with it in all the same ways as gr beef - and in many recipes it's better and more versatile since it's a softer meat. Meatballs, burgers, lasagne, shipwreck and other casseroles, and it's the absolute best in chili.

lilo's post reminded me - yum on fried wontons! Haven't made them in a while - I'm putting skins on the shopping list!
    Yes, that's what it is! The softer texture makes it better in so many things than ground beef. I'm picky about ground beef because it can be "squishy" no matter how lean, but pork is very soft. Less texture issues lol.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Lunch was great yesterday. I was boring & had the burger (way too much food, but oh so yummy!), fries, caesar salad to start, and apple pie for dessert (nice waiter packed it up for me for later cause I was stuffed). The brats were not impressed that I didn't bring home any of the burger they could smell on my breath.

Better go & get a few things done this morning so I can nap this afternoon before tonight's outing. Such a nice feeling to actually have a life.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Saturday! Guess I better get rolling since I have a long list off things I want to get done. Will make coffee first then some grub so they are full and not crying for food!

Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information