User Tag List

Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Day 3 of weird dreams. This one was a bit more pleasant (at least for me, if not poor Lily). I dreamt that I had taught Lily dog to hold a tennis racket & she was happily knocking tennis balls back to me...until a puppy ran up to us & stole all the tennis balls.
    @Andit , what are you doing before bed to have all these dreams? My friend told me once that laughing too much the night before always results in strange dreams. We laughed a lot together that night (I can't remember the movie we saw) and by morning, she was right, I had a strange dream!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi!
    Sorry to parachute in like this again....I will get caught up, I promise, but I just wanted to let you know that I HAVE accomplished my big goal: I drove our van yesterday for the first time in 9 months!!!! Oh, it was so scary to back out of our driveway, but once I got rolling I tested out putting my foot on each pedal, and it was like I never stopped at all!
    I love driving and now I finally HAVE MY INDEPENDENCE BACK!!!

I'm on the run again, DH and I are having lunch with our DD at Pat&Marios at 11am...early, but I'll take whatever time I can get with her these busy days, then a hair appt at 2:15....yes, it's still life in the fast lane, but this time, I'm DRIVING!!

Hugs to you all, Ladies! Have a wonderful weekend!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Oh my gosh Lynn, thats awesome.. bet it feels fantastic.. road trip!!!!!!!! LMAO

so after looking through all the flyers i actually found a page worth of stuff.
    I picked up this really cool thing at the $ store. its a pad of paper that has all the listings of items you buy at the store. you check off under the heading, ie fruit-- grapes. theres enough space to even write next to it if your PM'ing.

plus it has a place on the bottom to write the weeks menu. its so awesome, its magnetic so you can stick it to your fridge. dh is always saying did you add it to the list? well now i have one.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Great news Lynn. Nothing like losing your independence to make you appreciate it more.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Happy motoring Lynn, must feel fantastic to be able to pick up and go when you want!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

AWesome Lynn!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit have fun with your human friends tonight
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Lynn49 parachute in anytime, so happy that you have your independence back again and what a great start to the weekend
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yes for sure! I would be lost if I couldn't drive but I'm sure I would get use to it overtime. My Aunt has never driven and is so reliant on my Uncle. His health isn't the best and she told me last time I saw her that she wishes she learned to drive. I guess she realized how stranded she was when he wasn't well.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I have gone 6 months several times not being able to drive because of arthritis flareups. Don`t know what would happen now because hubby can`t drive much.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    So glad today is Friday, it’s been such a long week and it’sstill cold. I have worked in the city everyday so that makes for long days& early mornings & I am not a fan of mornings. I had a another late night last night and DHfound a recipe on Budget Bytes. I can’t even tell you what is was but it wasyummy. It was a pasta with a cream cheese sauce. Which is funny as I wouldnever try to cook with cream cheese as he is not a fan. I love walking in thedoor past 7 to find dinner waiting.
    it was "only" minus 11 here this morning.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I am super pumped - I found the 3 pk of Gourmet Attachments with the sausage stuffer for our Kitchenaid Mixer on Amazon.ca for 158.99 (regular 199.99) double checked Canadian tire to find that they sell them for 199.99 and they aren't on sale there.
    So I clicked the link on Amazon...to"fake" place the order to check shipping and found a $20 dollar Rebate for it (Amazon nicely pointed it out). So I messaged BF - hes been dying for a sausage maker and asked If it was worth getting and hes like order it order it. So I placed the order...used a 25 dollar gift card for amazon to make it $141.98 after taxes & free shipping. We'll be getting a cheque for the $20 rebate in 12 weeks.
    Last edited by saundyl; Fri, Mar 6th, 2015 at 06:25 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Watch out world, Lynn is loose on the roads again, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Yes for sure! I would be lost if I couldn't drive but I'm sure I would get use to it overtime. My Aunt has never driven and is so reliant on my Uncle. His health isn't the best and she told me last time I saw her that she wishes she learned to drive. I guess she realized how stranded she was when he wasn't well.
    My mom wasn't a driver - actually Dad tried to teach her when he was teaching me at 14, but she never stuck to it.
    However, when he got CA and became very ill after about a year, she took driving lessons and got her license. She would have been 60, I think then. They lived in a small city, so she was comfortable driving; she didn't like highway driving, but did some.
    She really regretted not having done it earlier. My dad passed away not long after, so then she was able to be independent.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    it was "only" minus 11 here this morning.
    Must feel balmy!

In 24 hours we went from -30 to plus 3 today! Cray-cray!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Must feel balmy!

In 24 hours we went from -30 to plus 3 today! Cray-cray!

Its been beautiful - yesterday was above zero.

Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information