User Tag List

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

ya he's already taking melatonin occasionally to help with the sleep patterns. its only the mornings that suck.
    hoping the dr can come up with some resolution.

actually Andit I do.. .............its a baby/toddler blanket, took a week to make. hoping to sell. i have a little yarn left going to make a matching hat/headband.
    Name:  blankie1 002.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  75.5 KB
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

very pretty Mrs. S.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Try this fun and interactive tool from Hydro One:

http://www.ieso.ca/house/hydroone/default.htm

Thats neat. I dont thinkours does time of use. that would be so nice.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Very pretty Mrs. S.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We got our 2 cottage tax bills and dh's taxes for his lease lot today so atleast I will have true figures for April's budget, I was expecting then for April anyways so no surprise there but I think they went down , I will double check later this pm.

I need to get a summary of all our prescriptions from the pharmacy as the accountant called and said that I can claim my uncovered dental & medical so I will do this next week. I have never been able to do this so I'm pretty excited (sadly it means my income has gone done) but you win some you loose some . I'm guessing my CTB will go up or has that been changed to include that UCCB thing?

I had a quick peak at the flyers and nothing turns my crank besides the Hellmans Mayo $1.99 at Independent and cheap OMG choc. at NF, thinking I may attempt to pm the choc. at WM (however they normally hide all the great sales) and this would be some treats from the Easter bunny at a decent price.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Pretty blanket MrsS

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

thanks everyone i love it too.
    i bought a bag of OMG on sale on valentines day for $2.99 on sale at SDM. im in love. so going to pick up a few bags. may have to hide them.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

mrs .s lovely blanket -good idea ladies cheap easter treats for sure with that chocolate
    I didn't see lots in he flyers -cheap kleenex at shoppers the bundles with the 1.00 save .ca coupons

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I need to get a summary of all our prescriptions from the pharmacy as the accountant called and said that I can claim my uncovered dental & medical so I will do this next week. I have never been able to do this so I'm pretty excited (sadly it means my income has gone done) but you win some you loose some . I'm guessing my CTB will go up or has that been changed to include that UCCB thing?
    If your's and your DH's combined income for 2014 is lower than 2013 then yes your Child Tax Benefit will go up (and that's in addition to the new UCCB thing)

For us because my DH was off on LTD (non-taxable benefit) for most of last year our combined income was significantly less than the year before (or any year since we've been together for that matter). For the first time since we've been married we will qualify for HST, the new Trillium Benefit and an increase in CTB. Plus we should be getting the new UCCB as well. Could have used this extra money last summer when we really needed it but heck I'll still take it

I was able to claim medical expenses this year too including all out of pocket expenses for dental and prescription as well as the premiums DH pays through his work for health benefits.
    Last edited by bobbiegirl2010; Thu, Mar 5th, 2015 at 07:19 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Fantastic deal on the bunk beds BG!!so nice your girls want to share a room, so cute!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well i had a great grocery shop today, just needed the basics so I went to Independent to check out the 50% off rack in produce. they had mini watermelon, cauliflower, peppers and cantaloupe so that will be our fruit and veggies for the weekend and all were in great shape.I also picked four bags of Quaker oats on sale for 2.49 a bag and used 1.00 coupons to bring them down to 1.49 each.They also had an unadvertised special on bone in Chicken breast for 2.49 a pound so picked up four packages of two ranging in price of 4.40-6.00 a pack and used my 4.00 chicken coupons so each chicken breast worked out to about .80 cents a piece. Then off to Shoppers for cheap milk, had a personal offer for 2.75 for any 4 liter of milk so grabbed a chocolate, regular 7.49 (wow that is high), . All in All lots of good budget friendly finds today!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

My girls today are adamant that the new baby will be sleeping in their room. Four plus one bedroom home and they would like all three in a room. They are devious little preschoolers with a plan to take over a second bedroom with toys!!!

Our reality is
    1) Master
    2) Playroom
    3) Nursery
    4) Girls
    +1 - Dining room/Sitting room, we call it the lounge.
    Last edited by Granger; Thu, Mar 5th, 2015 at 09:00 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Granger, so nice to have all the extra room for your growing family. Somehow i don't think you will be lounging or sitting too much for a while!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Very nice blanket MrsS

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    My goal for March is to set aside some money for a trip across the boarder at the end of the month. My Birthday is at the end of the month so hoping to take a trip across the boarder the weekend after my Birthday since it is Easter Weekend which means we could leave Thursday night after work and come back Sunday to give us a little bit more time. This trip will be to stock up on items we cannot get here or that are much cheaper cross the boarder. I have a love for Costco US.
    Sounds like a great plan! Be careful with the exchange, though Sassy. We find we really have to be careful when we shop there - some things that used to be cheaper are now more expensive with the lowering of the value of the Canadian $ compared to the US dollar.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information