User Tag List

Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Finally got DH a little more stuff for his stocking (the only thing I was really missing, men are hard to buy stocking stuffers for), so his pile doesn't look pitifully small now compared to everyone else's ^^;

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Shopping is done, picked up the last few things at the Shopper's redemption. Everything is wrapped except for a few items that should be arriving next week in the mail.
    Now on to the fun stuff, a few quick crafts and some full on decorating!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

BIL, MIL, DS1 (santa & gifts from us), my mom, my dad gifts are all ordered and/or wrapped.....phew

DH's gift is ordered but sadly on back order, I will call next week and see when they expect the back order

FIL is left on the list.

DH is going to SDM to do my Christmas shopping tomorrow AND redeeming points

Gifts for DS2 is 1/2 way done (he's hard to shop for as he's very practical and doesn't want much or anything) . DH will pick up a bunch of comics for his stocking and that part will be done.

I did a 95K & a 50K redemption this morning, I got my moms poison perfume for free AND lots of groceries and slurge items such as chocolate.

DH is venturing out tomorrow as mentioned above to do a 95K redemption.

After all is said and done all our sdm & pc points will be completely depleted but that's okay.

Happy shopping to all AND to all a good night
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I did 2 redemptions today 95,000 ones got chocolate ,perfume gift set for daughter-in-law,playdoh my little pony for ashlyn plus Jennifer Anniston perfume for me 19.99 -and I like it too

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Outside lights went up today, wrapped a few gifts. Which pointed out how far behind I am. But I was very happy to get 3 of the DS games so it made redeeming easy. I earned enough to to transfer to DH and we will do another shop on Sunday.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I see everyone is making progress with gifts and I have finally began.

I got my dad 3 dress shirts from Old Navy and Gap, they were 50% on for Black Friday.
    I also ordered my sister a L'Occitane hand cream set from The Bay online. They had 10% off and free shipping, plus I had a $10 gift card so it was around $22 from pocket. Also, I was checking the L'Occitane website and they didn't have any good deals.

I asked my mother what she wanted and she asked me to buy her a sari, which is a traditional Indian dress so I'll see what she likes. I also picked up a sweater for her on Black Friday.

I am still unsure what I'm getting for my other sister. I was thinking a Keurig for her new home, but what if she doesn't use it.

Hopefully, there will be some good deals for Cyber Monday.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow !! Everyone is out Christmas shopping and I'm home wrecking my brain.. wondering what get family and friends for Christmas.. those people that got everything .. what can you buy them ?? Will December 3rd I'm heading to Cuba for two weeks vacation.. fun in sun .. on my return back from my vacation.. stopping in Toronto visit nieces and nephews for day ..then next 2 days shop to i drops .. then heading back to Newfoundland.. got Christmas tree get up and decorate, gifts to wrap ,stocking items wrap and prepare things for Christmas .. plus groceries get .. .. time I gets this all done .. I'll be ready for another 2 week vacation .. every year Christmas is getting harder and harder .. soon going give everyone gift card buy what they like .. Christmas is not for stressing yourself out .. will happy shopping everyone !! Take care and God bless each and everyone of you 💐💐😘😘

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Wow !! Everyone is out Christmas shopping and I'm home wrecking my brain.. wondering what get family and friends for Christmas.. those people that got everything .. what can you buy them ?? Will December 3rd I'm heading to Cuba for two weeks vacation.. fun in sun .. on my return back from my vacation.. stopping in Toronto visit nieces and nephews for day ..then next 2 days shop to i drops .. then heading back to Newfoundland.. got Christmas tree get up and decorate, gifts to wrap ,stocking items wrap and prepare things for Christmas .. plus groceries get .. .. time I gets this all done .. I'll be ready for another 2 week vacation .. every year Christmas is getting harder and harder .. soon going give everyone gift card buy what they like .. Christmas is not for stressing yourself out .. will happy shopping everyone !! Take care and God bless each and everyone of you 💐💐😘😘
    Well said!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Almost done...gifts all bought just a few stocking stuffers for mom to still buy....now to start wrapping! And decorating...and baking...and cleaning! Just back from shopping bus trip to Great Lakes crossings, kohls, dsw, target and meijers. Dh came over late afternoon, we went out for supper and stayed overnight did a bit of shopping this morning and picked mom up from flint airport. Was a bit bummed as we missed the turn off to stay in states and ended up in line on bridge to Canada so that meant no lunch, no cheap gas and most importantly no duty free booze��. Line up at bridge was huge as bridgeworkers are on strike. Glad I didn't come back on the bus as for the first time, they pulled everyone off bus and made them go into the building and made almost all of them pay duty and taxes etc! Both my sister in laws had to pay $50. Not a happy ending for the shopping trip. I have never had an issue like that at port Huron...only at Niagara falls. Maws considering going to shoppers for redemption, but I don't really need anything and I am exhausted

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This is what I have purchased so far.
    School pictures and family pictures to mail out or hand deliver for the holidays.
    Dh - leather wallet (his request...I've bought him his last two)
    4yr old son - red cars "leather" race car jacket, new electric tooth brush (stocking)
    16 month twin girl - tooth brush (stocking)
    16 month twin boy - tooth brush (stocking)

dh's work buys age appropriate gifts for the children of all employees, we'll find out what the gifts are when they are sent home with Dh.

I'm having trouble finding certain small gifts in town. I still don't know what to get our twin boy. He's our climber.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Low key Xmas this year. DD is going to spend Xmas with her best friends family in New Jersey so that Mum offered to be my shopping elf for her and buy stocking stuffers along with her 3 girls so I said yes-I will send along a cheque to cover. Also likely some US spending $ for DD. My sister is the only other sibling with children under 18 so had our US bank mail her a cheque( we don't buy for adults). DH and I don't usually swap Xmas gifts but will spend some time with relatives in this area and have a couple who are our close friends arriving Xmas day for a visit I think so we may go with a non traditonal meal depending on what we feel like. DD and DH plan to put up the tree this weekend-although not sure what will be under it!! They have already done the Xmas baking-and eaten it!!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Mon, Nov 28th, 2016 at 09:54 AM.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Ciel: Can you use a rubber glove as a jar opener? My sister and I were eyeing the one at Lee Valley, but she said her dishwashing rubber gloves work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Wow !! Everyone is out Christmas shopping and I'm home wrecking my brain.. wondering what get family and friends for Christmas.. those people that got everything .. what can you buy them ??
    @Newfiescreech: Either homemade gifts like baked treats or party mix (because everyone has a potluck or visitors) or gift cards (because everyone needs to buy bread and eggs at some point). If you can get the GCs when SDM has their points back event, it's even better. Personally, I'm with Lucy Van Pelt and like the cash option because you can always use an emergency $10 or $20 or whatever in your wallet. It's only one stop shopping at the bank machine!

There's always option #3, which is to send out a Christmas survey by Thanksgiving, listing everyone's size, colour, and gift preferences with categories for snacks/goodies, books, clothes, stocking stuffers, etc. People who return their surveys get something they like, and people who don't get something random you found on sale that you think they might like. Either way, include gift receipts in case it doesn't fit or something is damaged.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great progress everyone!
    Cyber Monday has been good to me, all though not as amazing last year. I'm thankful for that because I didn't spend as much this year. Yay!

I have finished my Christmas present shopping. Ended up getting the K50 Keurig with a 10 dollar evoucher from Walmart for my sister, so I only had to pay $45. I also bought myself an early Christmas present, a ugly Christmas sweater which I need for a work event. They were 21% off at Forever 21 and free shipping.

I still haven't put up the Christmas tree and still have to buy Christmas baking supplies. However, I cannot wait to go to all the Christmas markets/festivities. That always gets me in the mood especially when I attend with friends and family. I usually go to the Toronto Christmas Market, which is in the Distillery District. However, there is a new Christmas market at Nathan Phillips Square this year.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Oops, posted in the wrong thread!
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Nov 28th, 2016 at 07:25 PM.
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I was able to Buy two gifts today. The mall is across the street from my office so no need to park which I love this time of year and I was using up two gift cards that I have had for at least a year. Now to wrap them. This is my new plan wrap as I buy.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information