User Tag List

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Like Tree4701Likes

Thread: April Showers of Savings the sequel - 2015 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Took a peek at Giant Tiger's freezer section to get some cheaper meat ideas lol. They had frozen tube beef (their brand) for $13.00 (4 x 400g tubes)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Going to clean up my stuff for sale room a bit tonight. Will put winter boots/coats, fall clothing in a bin and stop posting. Will post it a few times mid August for the smart mama's that start getting ready for winter. Then for sure in Sept and Oct. I need to get rid of crap so time to really post it and move it out. I have a shelf in the garage that I think I should move up to the room and use till the stuff is gone. DS's closet is stuffed too so I really should go through his shirts and pull most of the long sleeve tops since he is a busy and hot guy and prefers t-shirts! What's the point in keeping the stuff in there if he isn't wearing it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner tonight is basa fillets on the bbq ($2 -Freshco sale) with homemade fries .10 cents (using up potatoes- paid .47 for 5 LB) Should have veggies but I'm feeling lazy.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama 47 cents for 5lb potatoes is an awesome deal Are those the no name ones? No RCSS near hear only No Frills but they only have the apples so far.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Tomorrow's dinner will be Tilapia Fillets @ approx $1 each (paid $7.47 for 750g pkg), rice @ 11 cents for a large scoop of uncooked which will make 2 cups cooked (paid $6.99 for a 8kg bag - lasts us a year lol), bag of frozen stir fry veggies $2.00. Total approx $5 if we each eat a fillet and kids eat 1/2 fillet.

Dinner's done and I just have to clean up dishes. Then we're off to 2.5 hr long gymnastics meet - too bad I don't crochet lol. One more night and then we're done for the season

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Woke up this morning with such a sore knee I can barely walk.
    Just a small rant. Why does everyone ask me "What did you do?" I get tired of being made to feel as if it`s my fault. Psoriatic arthritis is an autoimmune disease. I can`t help it if the cells in my body decide to go wonky and attack each other. OK rant over.

I did get 4 towels done and hope to get a few more done tonight.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I think it is a good idea to post the true value of your meal. We are all smart shoppers and may have stuff on hand but the truth is you did buy it and will replace it so I am going to post what the meal actually cost to make regardless of when I bought it. (But if you got it free then it's free and no cost )
    okay FBM is now the food meal budget police , just kidding.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Crochetlady I hope you get some relief and ps how are your eyes these day?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Awesome job for those of you already posting your meal costs, I think we will all find it very encouraging and a wonderful challenge to keep meals down and costs (wink)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Dh and I ventured out for his appointment, well I triple checked the time and I was wrong, this is the 2nd time in the last 6 months for I told dh to check the calendar himself as obviously my mind is playing tricks. The calendar said 915 but I had in my head 945....grr....oh well thankfully there really was nothing to discuss other than prescription renewals, he has a new appointment sometime next week, I'm not getting involved

So we went off to SDM and well I was about to leave and do my groceries at the SDM in the other town as that SDM doesn't sell the ground beef FBM mentioned. But then aw shocked big clearance bin of all chocolates .50 each package
    4x 4 crunchy bars
    12 choc. M&M's
    5 boxes of Lindor chocolate 8x10 in size
    2 bags of Aero bubble balls.
    and too many other too mention.....so we filled our cart literally

and decided to do my shop anyways I have a spend $100 get 22k in points which worked out AND funny thing was I was short $2 to make $100 so I grabbed another 4 packages of choclates at .50

Then popped into Independent to do my main grocery shop, well stocked for a while but was really pissed off this am when I went to double check my offers to see the spend $125 get 12k gone, this is not the 1st time this happened, anyone else have this problem? I'm going to call tomorrow and find out what's going on.

I called Scotiabank today because they were supposed to take Friday's mtg paying from my scotiabank account and new payments are supposed to come out of my new pc account starting May 1st, thankfully I had $ in pc account because they screwed up, I called them and gave them a piece of my mind BUT let's be honest I'm leaving
    ving there bank and have cancelled everything but my LOC (just incase) and well my mortgage has to stay so I guess they really don't care.....It's just frustrating.....

end of rant... now off to eat chocolate, not really already had 1 (lol).

I sold 2 items today so $30 in my pocket and another pickup scheduled for tomorrow $15 and dh will meet someone tomorrow evening in town for another sale $37.

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Mon, Apr 27th, 2015 at 06:44 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Woke up this morning with such a sore knee I can barely walk.
    Just a small rant. Why does everyone ask me "What did you do?" I get tired of being made to feel as if it`s my fault. Psoriatic arthritis is an autoimmune disease. I can`t help it if the cells in my body decide to go wonky and attack each other. OK rant over.

I did get 4 towels done and hope to get a few more done tonight.
    So very sorry you are hurting - hoping it gets better for you soon!

J&C - awesome chocohaul!

Supper is in the oven, husband just came home, just watching Y&R.

This morning, got the gas meter changed, water heater and furnace checked - they are old, he said, and need a big inspection and cleaning, so we'll have to let the landlord know that. LOVE it when a worker dude is just very, very nice - you know what I mean? This one really was.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

A few years ago I was having problems remembering appointments too. I once showed up a day early for a massage. Then hubby took a message while I was away. Said the Dr.`s office in Kitchener called and changed my appointment to the day before. I showed up and they wondered what I was doing there. He was nice enough to work me in. To this day I have no clue where I was supposed to be lol

@ Nancy Those spend x$ and get x points are often only good for the weekend. I`ve had that happen too.

My eyes are much better. I use the drops a little more frequently than I used to and also started using Udo`s choice 3-6-9 oil with DHA. It seems to be helping.

What an awesome chocolate haul!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I will post as accurate as I can. Sometimes DH does shopping so my memory is not great with prices he paid bc it wasn't me. It also gets complicated for GF, like tonight we used one GF bun from a pack...

Hotdogs and corn on the cob. Hotdogs were all GF. $10 for 4.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

we had frozen dellissio pizza tonight came in late from babysitting 3.99 plus daughter-in-law gave me a bag of spinach so put some on my pizza(free) a few homemade cookie from yesterday (cheap only paid for flour,sugar brown sugar-daughter gave me the skor pkg anda bit of icecream.99 at shoppers(my emailed coupon)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

I keep all my grocery receipts and I log them into a spreadsheet for income tax purposes for my daycare business (to track what I've bought for daycare vs our family). Plus I keep all my weekly menus. This makes it easy for me to figure out meal costs. I'm sure the average family does not do this lol. I have a spreadsheet for everything... I'm such a budget geek lol

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

Thread Information