User Tag List

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Like Tree4701Likes

Thread: April Showers of Savings the sequel - 2015 Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well I have to admit to you busy ladies( you know who you are-lol) that I lazed around all morning once DD was out the door with brekkie and lunch for the 7 a.m. bus for band practice. I have not had a free day for quite sometime and I completely took advantage of doing nothing but reading on my laptop-except for a walk with DH this afternoon-feels like summer here today. Anyway I guess the family will be expecting some dinner so that will be the next project. After a busy few days or weeks it is sometimes nice to just chill and not have to be anywhere at any specific time. I read on CTV news today that you don't have to file taxes until May 5 this year if anyone is running late-I told my niece and she said that is the best thing she had heard all day which cracked me up. J and C- I say name the May thread anything you like but perhaps the May Busy Beavers may be appropriate with all the sorting, cleaning, selling etc going on!! This is a very busy group.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Tue, Apr 28th, 2015 at 05:27 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

By the way J and C, I think if your boys have not yet nominated you for mother of the year award with all that chocolate you brought home they certainly should have! Thanks again for keeping our fun thread going.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Burger patties made and BBQ'd! We are finishing eating and I will clean up the kitchen back to spotless status! I wrote my to do list so will be sure to scratch everything off. I need to do this to keep me rolling. Off I go so I can relax on the couch later and deserve it!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You women exhaust me!!!
    Congrats to all of you productive suoer-moms/wives!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Wow. When you push yourself you can get lots done! Waiting till youngest finished cake then he's in the tub and I can take his clothes and start washer!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well got in a 6.00 from babysitting -had "ashlyn" out twice today -in morning papa and I took her far a wagon ride to playground
    -then she didn't want to eat lunch I made her (her eye teeth are coming in)she ate pureed food -mandarin delmonte in a cup too-she slept 2 and a half hours so nana slept on the couch for a bit(since I woke up at 5.00 this morning ) her monitor will wake me i am a light sleeper
    -then we went out in the afternoon for a hour -its so fun to see her explore -pick the grass with her hands or pickup a leaf -loo at the sky and say blueeee-her new word is turtle -ahh I love watching her -as I sit here in my nightie at 7.00 pm relaxed and tired
    -suppr tonight was hard boiled egg on bagel with cheese -my own mc muffin-egg cost 16cents (1.99 at shoppers) bagel.33 eac cheese slice .12cents
    -then for dessert had a giant tiger rice pudding in a can 1.40 -it was good tasting too

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Dinner tomorrow will be pork roast in the crockpot with potatoes (I'll eat the leftover rutabagas) and greek salad. I think it'll still come in around $5 for the meal even though the salad is not cheap (I would not normally buy the feta cheese but it was leftover from the potluck bean salad so might as well us it up lol)

2.87lb Pork Roast @ $1.99/lb = $5.70 approx (enough for 3 meals so $1.90 per meal)

Greek Salad: $3.35

Romaine Lettuce $1.00
    1/2 cucumber $0.50
    1/2 red pepper $0.40
    1/4 vidalia onion $0.20
    olives $0.25
    feta cheese $1.00

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Up at the usual 6am with the Harley and his diabetic routine( up at 2am to take him for a nighttime potty).

Brushed/combed his curly poodle hair and then off to the groomers (I save not only $$$ by making sure he's brush through but also time in grooming which is a must because of his diabetes).

Mowed the entire lawn (takes about 1.5 hours) just before the rain started.

Went with my mom and pup for a long walk to grab a coffee (walked just shy of 3 miles) but got caught in the rain!

2 loads of laundry done with only the bedding left to be done.

Yesterday I made a huge pot of some delish chili with cheese scones so that's what's for dinner again tonight.

I will be leaving in about 20 min to walk to DH's work and we walk home together <3

I will be taking an early night tonight and going to bed like the seniors at the home do

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ds is in the driveway shooting the puck in the net in his PJS lol. Load of laundry started. I have to dry tshirts my other son needs for tomorrow so will make sure I deal with it once washer stops. But I am done now. Not sleeping well is catching up with me.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Well a different teacher cancelled a day that was booked for later in May. I was teaching a Grade 7/8 class 1/2hr out of town today. When there was only 10min left of lunch, that's when the principal informed me that I was going to teach Kindergarten for the afternoon. I was looking forward to the relaxed afternoon with 1/2 my students gone to different events, but I ended up with 22 Kindergarten students instead. So I was more tired than anticipated when I got home. Dh has a nasty headache. I made breakfast for supper and I will try to make the corn chowder tomorrow. LO and I ate hash browns, breakfast sausage, blackberries, and milk for supper.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lizzie bargain noted your name suggestion for May
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@harbie busy day for you, love that you walk to your dh's work and you walk back together (so sweet)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I have pork loin defrosting, going to bbq tomorrow and serve w/ rice and side salad as it's just the 3 of us (dh is gone to the cottage until mid day Friday). I still need to figure out dinner for Thursday perhaps homemade pogos or bacon something, everything. Speaking of bacon at Independent grocers this week they have no name bacon 500g for $3, I purchased 7 packs yesterday that's a great price since it's 500g thought I would mention incase some folks didn't notice in the flyer

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm going to see if I can ask dh to run into NF on his way home Friday to pick up the pork loin (not the small ones - the big ones) that are on for $2lbs, I cut them into boneless pork chops and a lot great in stir fries.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Feta cheese is a guilty pleasure for me! Keeps me eating healthy! Lots of salad!!!

Breakfast for dinner. $7 to feed 4. DH used 8 eggs! My preschoolers eat as much as him and I it seems!

Did some weeding today. Snuggled one of my girls to sleep and had a doze. Now course work...boo!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Thread Information