User Tag List

Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Like Tree4146Likes

Thread: May Busy Beavers - May 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I know you love the show Nancy, it is hard when you are blindsided by people that arent what they seem.
    So true @thriftygranny I've only been watching the show for 6 months or so and I'm disgusted, I thought more of the family than this, I'm not trashing them I'm just beyond disappointed ,
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Tomorrow we are off to the Glebe Garage sale our yearly family event (lol), then Sunday is DH birthday and then Wednesday we will be 20 years married, geez time flies. I was having problems with mild humming on our land line yesterday called bell, service technian came out said my phone was the problem (he never even checked my phone), told me to buy a new one, when he left the phone line went from bad to worse. Called again after he left last night, they said between 12-5 pm today, we ran out this am purchased a new phone, which made no difference, so I'm still waiting and the line says in use "fingers crossed" someone is working on the problem. Going to head over to FIL's in 1/2 hour to call bell and see what's going on. Now I need to return the new phone, I hate returning items, I just feel overwhelmed but I want my $77 back so I'll just fight my anxiety through it.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh nancy, lucky you have a great time.. happy birthday/anniversary. awesome weekend for you both.

could i ask for a few prayers. my dad was not well this morning. we took him to the drs. they sent him home with advice to come back in a week. well he's now on his way in to er in an ambulance. im prepared for the worst but hoping for the best.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

MrsS - including your dad in my prayers, sure hope he's okay.

Take care, everyone, as the weekend starts!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am not sure how I missed this in the Finance section but if any of you are Amex card holders check this out. I was able to sign up today so they have not reached the 30000 limit. It will result in 60.00 of AM for our cards as DH & I have different card numbers.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/403651-amex-cardholders-earn-up-30-statement-credit-canada/#post6394826

Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

prayers for your dad Mrs. S
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@MrsSunshine hugs, prayers and thoughts are with you and family

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So called Bell from FIL's they have rescheduled to tomorrow....nice to know as I have no phone, I don't need to be home as I suspected the problem is in the lines nowhere near my home, they were going to come Sunday but I made a stink as this is my only phone as we don't have cells, told them it was a health & safety issued, barked up a few trees (lol) and finally hit someone who understood what I was getting at, that if I needed an ambulance, fire department etc they would be liable and would have a possible law suit, etc. So I truly hope that by 5pm tomorrow evening we have a functioning phone with a dial tone....geez....they charge and arm and a leg for services but don't have any respect for people time, to just sit around and wait for someone not to show up or even have you wait at home when the problem isn't even at your home....frustrating.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

@MrsSunshine prayers sent for your Dad.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning all
    -started a puzzle last night almost done 500 pieces
    -yipee have a pickup today 4.00-if they show
    -may walk around to a garage sale in my neighbourhood-ever know what you may find(used to go to them with my mom and thrift store shopping )

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Went out to Walmart yesterday to get some deals:

Classico Sauce (pm'd SDM) $2.00 - $1.00 coupon - $1.00 wub 2 snapsaves = $0.50 (bought 4)
    Scrubbing Bubbles $3.00 - bogo coupon - $2.50 snapsaves (redeemed x 2) = 2 free + made $2.00
    Secret Deoderant $2.47 - $1.00 coupon - $2.50 wub 2 CO51 = $0.22 ea for 2 deoderants
    Garner Fruitis Conditioner 750ml $1.00 on clearance (later found $1.00 tearpads at Zehrs - should have went there first and it would have been free...)
    Renee's Dressing $3.88 (@ FB) - $1.50 CO51 - $1.50 Snapsaves = $0.88

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Out gardening this morning. I thought my tomato and pepper plants would have been fine in the greenhouse overnight but it must have still been too cold as my tomato plant looks dead Also the wind yesterday knocked over some of my seedlings so I tried to save them by adding more potting soil. Also planted more lettuces and spinach in the garden. Think I'm going to plant the green and yellow beans today as last night should be the last frost this spring.

I should also get some laundry going so I can hang it and maybe find some more stuff to sell...
    Last edited by bobbiegirl2010; Sat, May 23rd, 2015 at 10:50 AM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We still haven't planted the garden and to be honest with this crazy weather and frost last night I think we will plant early June but we'll see what dh thinks.
    @bobbiegirl2010 you are getting so much done with your days free, great job on the pming, shopping and freebies or nearly free stuff.
    @coupon girl hope you found a few new gems at the garage sale(s)
    @Granger hope you are having a better day, sometimes a good cry does wonders
    @lizzie bargain hope you are getting some alone & fine time while working/vacationing
    @momof5boys sorry to hear about the osteoporosis and glad your son had a great time while at the science fair
    @thriftygranny hope you are taking good care of yourself and not working too hard, are you still working at the bakery and golf course?
    @avoncallingu hope you are having a wonderful time with hubby visiting Lynn49
    @MrsSunshine any news on your dad, hope all is going well and he is getting the care he needs and hope your mom is taking care of herself as well

We ventured out this am at 515am , we paid for parking not worth the hassle and being ticketed and most importantly easy access to our vehicle . I got some very beautiful kitchen decorations for $5 each or less and they are great quality aka expensive so I'm pretty happy. Logan got comics, collector coins, collector cards and a few trinkets. Jaden only purchased lunch (lol) everyone rec'd so much for the day and if not spent got to keep the extra, they were to purchase their lunch with the monies so it's a good budgeting lesson (of course if short - we would pay but they never are). Dh got a few trinkets and a few beautiful oil lamps for the cottage, old candle holders that have wall brackets, etc.

So all in all a wonderful family day

I forgot to take something out for supper so luckily last week I purchased a pack of Butcher's choice frozen burgers from Independent and they are acutally really good, I recommend them and will purchase them again.

Overall this month I did quite well with the $5 or less suppers, the odd day we were over budget but it balanced itself out, going to try to continue this again in June and the coming months. Really hoping for a sale on lean ground beef in June or anytime really .

Tomorrow is dh's birthday so I will be making chicken & dumplings 1 of his favs. I am still debating on what type of cake, I will check if I have all ingredients to make a cheesecake if not I will figure something out.

I arrived home today to my phone finally working properly, I will make a note on the calendar to mark off the days were the phone was not properly functioning to call Bell for a credit when the bill arrives every penny helps

I spoke with my mom a short while ago, I couldn't call her yesterday as we had no dial tone, her mood seems quite low but that is to be expected because it's been 1 week since she went into the hospital, I must say she is strongly advocated for herself telling doctors that she is not going home until the fluid (pneumonia) is cleared up, I don't know if she will get her way, however, she has a new doctor for the weekend and he is on board so that's good. I will go back and visit once she is back home a few days and feeling better. I find it very frustrating as she has 2 blocked valves, 1 of which is leaking and the procedure they attempted last week was not successful only to discover that the last time she left the hospital told my dad to bring her to the Chinese restaurant okay Chinese if probably 1 of the healthier options but still, it's like someone who cries wolf over and over again and doesn't listen to doctors orders. Don't get me wrong everyone deserves a cheat/splurge but apparently she ate out at the Chinese, breakfast with my nieces, then another meal out with someone else.

Anyone have a new challenge they will be implementing in June or continuing on with a current challenge in June??? do share

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Good for your mom Nancy.. lets hope the Dr. listens.
    great faring at the sale..
    i went out this morning to one (it was at a french school) felt weird no one was speaking english.
    bought a few things i was looking for.. i'll share a pic soon. trying to tie up some loose ends. we went grocery shopping for the week. oddly we don't do that but with limited funds. its amazing what a packed freezer and some smart shopping can do.

as for my dad he's in for at least a few days. a urinary tract infection plus they have run a board of blood tests which are coming back off and high,
    he's quite jaundice. so now we wait to find out y.

keeping my thoughts positive for now. we'll update when i can.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread Information