User Tag List

Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
Like Tree4146Likes

Thread: May Busy Beavers - May 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well not getting anything done woke up at 3.00 a.m fever of 102
    -now its down to 100-feel so lethargic-put a load in but dont have the strength to hang it out

-neighbour was on the peak of his roof last night(in his early 60s) -2 storey cape cod house like mine -crazy eh just to see fireworks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Hope you feel better soon Coupon girl, lots of rest for you today, I hope you aren't babysitting this week.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl lots of rest, take care of yourself hun
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Laundry was all hung up then it started to rain....put 1 load in the dryer then it cleared up, hung the 2nd load back outside....sigh....trying to be as frugal as possible. dinner tonight is hot Italian sausage and octoberfest sausages w/ buns. Boys are over at the inlaws watching videos (inlaws never use their monthly gigs) so the boys help them out (lol). The re-use it centre is open today but I've been feeling blah beige mood wise so we'll see if we venture out or not, might do me good to leave the house but who knows. DH & I had a long conversation yesterday about life, feelings, budgets, wants vs. needs etc and well I feel better. I think he was rather shocked about how I have been feeling resentment towards him and stuff. Glad we had the chat it wasn't easy but definitely needed. So we are now going forward with mutual goals & projects that are "outside projects" and those projects that are still lingering inside will get done when it rains, I really hope it rains lots (smile). So the garage floor will be done next spring/summer, the main project for this outside weather will be our garden shed (wood floor, siding, frame in windows which we don't have) and if more time permits he will start the lean to off the side for his tractor and machinery, etc.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@thriftygranny sounds like a delightful weekend, do you have electricity at the cabin? When your health concerns/problems have been resolved you will definitely have fun planning a family vacation, very kind & generous of you to bank your wages and fund a great vacation for all & tons of memories, as they say life is a precious gift - enjoy the time together

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Wow Nancy that is a lot of projects, good for you too for making a plan of action!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit your brats will have a ball with your mom while your away, who knows they might get sassy and not want to come home, start the countdown clock like you said, a much deserved vacation awaits you and your bff.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Wow Nancy that is a lot of projects, good for you too for making a plan of action!!
    thanks, we have a sawmill so we will saw up the boards for the board & batten siding, a few trees at a time as dh's back is our timer . We already have the flooring for the floor so that's good, just going to do what we can BUT a plan is a great starting point

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Spent morning in garden. Girls were so good playing. DH home. We got a lot accomplished. I am off Wed. For an appointment so will try to finish weeding then. We are taking the yard work when nice approach and letting other projects simmer until rain. Country living = never bored...and country living wise we have a small property!!!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thriftygranny I am not babysitting this week -only getting my hair cut on Thursday
    -hubby has been outside all day-so just popped a lasagna In the oven for early supper 4.99 at giant tiger a few weeks back

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    thriftygranny I am not babysitting this week -only getting my hair cut on Thursday
    -hubby has been outside all day-so just popped a lasagna In the oven for early supper 4.99 at giant tiger a few weeks back
    So glad you can rest this week!! Doesn't it feel great having something in the freezer that you got at a great price ready to go when you aren't feeling well!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Spent morning in garden. Girls were so good playing. DH home. We got a lot accomplished. I am off Wed. For an appointment so will try to finish weeding then. We are taking the yard work when nice approach and letting other projects simmer until rain. Country living = never bored...and country living wise we have a small property!!!
    It is a busy life but so rewarding, we live in the city but have a rural summer property, I love balancing the two in the summer, it is a different kind of work! So good for your little girls to have the experience of rural living.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    thanks, we have a sawmill so we will saw up the boards for the board & batten siding, a few trees at a time as dh's back is our timer . We already have the flooring for the floor so that's good, just going to do what we can BUT a plan is a great starting point
    Wow a sawmill, that will save on the siding for sure, and so nice to keep things original looking on the property. My son in law is an exceptional carpenter and furniture builder, he would love to be able to harvest the type of trees found in Ontario, let alone have his own mill, Alberta doesn't have the trees you guys have for sure.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks TG for the good holiday wishes-so far the 2 babies, the Mum and one 4 year old are under the weather and on meds. Hopefully they will start to feel better soon as we leave tomorrow. Wish me luck and hopefully the other 3 of our little travelling party don't get the dreaded bug.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Thanks TG for the good holiday wishes-so far the 2 babies, the Mum and one 4 year old are under the weather and on meds. Hopefully they will start to feel better soon as we leave tomorrow. Wish me luck and hopefully the other 3 of our little travelling party don't get the dreaded bug.
    Oh dear not off to a great start, hopefully it doesn't travel any further.

Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread Information