11 20.75%
Page 121 of 123 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1837
Like Tree3751Likes

Thread: October Federal Election Discussion / Poll

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

anisa, abbasgirl, Natalka and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Today is the day
    anisa likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Loving the fact that the ministers do not all say "so help me god"

If this were the U.S. they would be hung.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Happy days are here again
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

What a different atmosphere !!! So inclusive.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well, I was waiting for someone to give him his own thread, lol!

Best introduction of all was watching the lead-up to him coming towards the Hall, and CBC saying over and over that it was a 'carnival atmosphere'. (I was stuck watching CBC on my puter, gah!)

Interesting choice of Stephane Dion for foreign affairs, that's the one which really struck me. Will have to learn more about some of the others

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle27095965/

I wish Mr. Trudeau good luck, and look forward to seeing what he gets accomplished or at least started during the crucial first 100 days. He's got a lot on his plate - especially with the international summits coming up.
    I do hope someone stops him from saying any more that Canada is an actor on the world's stage (paraphrase, he's used it several times recently) - I think it makes Canada sound amateurish.

I do have a 'petty' question - perhaps someone from Quebec can answer. I know there's the deal that when you get married you keep your maiden name - but all of a sudden Sophie has a hyphenated surname?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

Best introduction of all was watching the lead-up to him coming towards the Hall, and CBC saying over and over that it was a 'carnival atmosphere'. (I was stuck watching CBC on my puter, gah!)

Interesting choice of Stephane Dion for foreign affairs, that's the one which really struck me. Will have to learn more about some of the others

I wish Mr. Trudeau good luck, and look forward to seeing what he gets accomplished or at least started during the crucial first 100 days. He's got a lot on his plate - especially with the international summits coming up.
    I do hope someone stops him from saying any more that Canada is an actor on the world's stage (paraphrase, he's used it several times recently) - I think it makes Canada sound amateurish.

I do have a 'petty' question - perhaps someone from Quebec can answer. I know there's the deal that when you get married you keep your maiden name - but all of a sudden Sophie has a hyphenated surname?
    I noticed they started hyphenating it at the beginning of the campaign, not sure if by their choice or the media so people knew who she was?
    Natalka and Patty Smyth like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So interesting, I went to check media in Ukraine for other stuff, and what follows is first and foremost:

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR 43m43 minutes ago CAN 2 new ministers r of Ukr decent: Chrystia Freeland int'l trade; Maryann Mihychuk employm

and a nice write-up in Ukr.

http://www.eurointegration.com.ua/ne.../11/4/7040349/

I missed this part, though:

Canada's new Employment minister, Winnipeg's @MPMihychuk ends oath with Ukrainian word for thank you. " Дякую"

----

Because Canada has such a high population of Ukrainians, each country really celebrates the accomplishments of the other.
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Nov 4th, 2015 at 03:36 PM.
    anisa, lecale and walkonby like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am not sure when she started to use his last name but pretty sure it's campaign tactics as the R.O.C. may not be familiar with our laws regarding maiden names. None of her legal documents would say Trudeau though.

Not so sure about Dion as Foreign affairs over Environment. I guess that strategy will be revealed later.

One appointment I do not like is Melanie Jolie. Can't stand her. She has done nothing to deserve that post.
    Natalka likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Well there are so many new faces, there really isn't anybody else among them with the same level of international experience.

She had a career under her old name on TV and doing charity events and so forth...I've seen her written up as Gregoire, Trudeau, and Gregoire-Trudeau and I think the latter is probably the happy medium. She was a public figure as a Gregoire anyway.
    Last edited by lecale; Wed, Nov 4th, 2015 at 07:00 PM.
    Natalka likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

It's Bonfire night tomorrow....

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rona Ambrose is the new Interim Leader of the Tories
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Nice hair, but is she ready?

Patty Smyth likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Actually, I think it's rather bad hair, just my opinion.

She's the best of the bunch to lead them through this next phase.
    thriftygranny likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

It is bad hair, just being silly :p
    R

Thread Information