11 20.75%
Page 88 of 123 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1837
Like Tree3751Likes

Thread: October Federal Election Discussion / Poll

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    But how were they able to make the call that in two years time after the election, despite their high profile and status, that they would need a job?

Harper's friction with senior members of the party is legendary. He's a control freak like Chretien that has created a power vacuum around him. That's what did Chretien in.
    Chretien left on a high and left Martin to crash and burn. It was kind of brilliant on his part since he and Martin had been rivals since the early 90s. I kind of feel sorry for Martin, he got slammed around by Chretien like he was a protester who got too close to him in a crowd.

What was it called? The Shawinigan handshake?

Name:  chretienprotester.jpeg
Views: 214
Size:  32.2 KB

^^That lucky guy there only had to experience it for a few seconds. Martin experienced it for a decade.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Seems more media are now putting the liberals under scrutiny now that they have momentum
    DaveP likes this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Seems more media are now putting the liberals under scrutiny now that they have momentum
    Finally! Around here, there's finally more talk about him and legalizing pot, prostitution, and safe injection sites.
    DaveP likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Thu, Oct 29th, 2015 at 11:34 AM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Thu, Oct 29th, 2015 at 11:35 AM.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Just wondering, if criminals no longer have marijuana as a source of income, what then? Do they pack it in and decide to go straight? Do they say 'oh well, I had a good run, now it's time for me to get a job at McDonald's and work my why through school.'? Or do they move on to some other criminal enterprise?

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You asked....

- marrying for money i.e. to get 50% (oh, that already happens)
    - Human trafficking
    - more kinappings
    - home invasions
    - insurance fraud
    - smuggling of other kinds

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Just wondering, if criminals no longer have marijuana as a source of income, what then? Do they pack it in and decide to go straight? Do they say 'oh well, I had a good run, now it's time for me to get a job at McDonald's and work my why through school.'? Or do they move on to some other criminal enterprise?
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Ah hell, I had to thank you for that even though you're the site's biggest Dou... something or other.

Yeah, the idea that organized crime and low level criminals are going to pack up and go home if marijuana is legalized is laughable. Low level drug dealers, the neighborhood scumwads, will sell different illegal drugs and if that doesn't sustain them they'll do break-ins, strong arm robberies of seniors, hell they'll steal kids' bikes and sell them on ebay. These are scummy people and legalizing marijuana doesn't change that or make them go away. It might make them desperate though.

As for the massive distributers, they'll change their focus too. And we may not like where that focus shifts.

Somehow I can't see 50,000 Harley's up for sale on Kijiji because the Hell's Angels have decided to go out of business.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

As far as the legalization of pot goes there are a few pluses. With the rise in fentanyl laced pot it would make it safer for the people that do it illegally, I think there are a lot of kids that at 'try' it and I think what is on the streets isn't even close to being safe for anyone. There have been many studies saying that the use of pot in young teens causes irreversible brain damage. If it was legalized than perhaps less young adults wouldn't be doing it until they were of age. Or perhaps the Hell's Angels would just sell to that demographic.It is a tough debate for sure.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you are going to come at me like that......you know what you could have done with your thank though

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Ah hell, I had to thank you for that even though you're the site's biggest Dou... something or other.

Yeah, the idea that organized crime and low level criminals are going to pack up and go home if marijuana is legalized is laughable. Low level drug dealers, the neighborhood scumwads, will sell different illegal drugs and if that doesn't sustain them they'll do break-ins, strong arm robberies of seniors, hell they'll steal kids' bikes and sell them on ebay. These are scummy people and legalizing marijuana doesn't change that or make them go away. It might make them desperate though.

As for the massive distributers, they'll change their focus too. And we may not like where that focus shifts.

Somehow I can't see 50,000 Harley's up for sale on Kijiji because the Hell's Angels have decided to go out of business.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

DaveP, Tbites and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I think it should be legailzed because 1/3 of people are using it anyway, and they are doing so without any protections as to the potency or purity of the product.

There are people that legitimately use it for chronic pain, and if it provides a means to move some people from using narcotics for pain, that can only be a plus. Narcotics are hard on the body and are much more addictive. Too many people start with an injury and end with a methadone clinic.

The point of legalization is regulating the stuff so it doesn't fall in the hands of kids. And who wants their dumb kid shopping for pot where they also sell fentanyl-laced oxys for fun?

Organized crime will move on to harder drugs, and may the law persecute them for that. I don't think that people should have a criminal record to pot use when it does not cause a change in character like for instance crack, where the user will do violent and crazy things under the influence. Police resources need to be freed up to deal with hard drugs.
    I think I agree with most of what you said there. I have known a few people though who have gotten lost in a cloud of smoke. The change in character there is that they lose ambition and float through life. That's not most pot users though, not the casual ones anyway. But it does become a problem for some that I've known. Just as alcohol has become a problem for some I've known.

Those who need it to alleviate medical conditions I'm 100% in favor of having that available to them.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Marijuana and all other drugs (which includes alcohol) is ed, and if people need these to feel good, then they have serious issues in the first place. Just like disable permits, what is stopping this becoming a lucrative deal where a permit holder for marijuana acquires the stuff, and sells it on to people who get kicks out of it.

I mean just look at how oxycotin gets into the wrong hands. There are legitimate mecidines to alleviate serious pain. Marijuana is not the answer

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it should be legailzed because 1/3 of people are using it anyway, and they are doing so without any protections as to the potency or purity of the product. There are people that legitimately use it for chronic pain, and if it provides a means to move some people from using narcotics for pain, that can only be a plus. Narcotics are hard on the body and are much more addictive. Too many people start with an injury and end with a methadone clinic. The point of legalization is regulating the stuff so it doesn't fall in the hands of kids. And who wants their dumb kid shopping for pot where they also sell fentanyl-laced oxys for fun? Organized crime will move on to harder drugs, and may the law persecute them for that. I don't think that people should have a criminal record to pot use when it does not cause a change in character like for instance crack, where the user will do violent and crazy things under the influence. Police resources need to be freed up to deal with hard drugs.
    I respect your views on the subject, but I do not agree with the legalization. #VoteforStevie
    DaveP likes this.
    I'm a professional grinder.....40/30 Orange tab low centre of gravity grit grinding machine...In my wrangler blue jeans

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

DaveP, Tbites and thriftygranny like this.

Page 88 of 123 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast

Thread Information