User Tag List

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree5718Likes

Thread: August 2015 Frugal Chatter thread

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh boy ....miss a day in here and it sure is tough to catch up!! @Angela273 !!! Congrats!! The warrior twin birther! ( trust me, i KNOW I would have taken an epidural at the very least, so good on you. Eli and Lilly, lovely names!! So happy your pregnancy is now finished and you can enjoy all the love. Take your time, rest and only update us when you can. All the Best!! @Granger , perfect timing for DH to get FT position!! Nice garage sale finds, and PFFT! to anyone stuck behind the you 5 at the grocery store, that is their problem. ( patience )

I started my day off early, driving DD to work, walking the dogs, but wasted a good chunk of the afternoon watching the Jays game ( and they lost , but man was I convinced they would repeat last nights victory! ) Got my tomatoes all processed and herbed up and they are in the freezer, ( the containers each hold 2 cup portions, yielded 22 cups altogether! ) also dried some mint, and now it may be nap time...funny how it just hits ya eh?

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@walkonby great job on harvesting your garden for later use
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lizzie bargain sounds like your family is having a wonderful vacation

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We "relaxed" this morning. I started some laundry. A pc I worked on was picked up. Which the $$went to my car savings account. We tried the new food truck in town, it was decent.

Then we test drove the flex. They are looking into a few things for us. We discussed it in depth about feasibility and safety and decided it's a good decision and are going back Tuesday to negotiate (we have an appointment)

Tonight I used a hoe to weed the front flower bed. Then watered it. I feel terrible for our neighbors this year as the night of our accident bf had spread our dirt pile across the yardand...we never have seeded it or finished leveling the dirt so now we have a weed patch. BF tried to miw the lawn and I sent our youngest out to take over.

We had a yummy snack of peas baby carrots and raspberries from the garden .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Loving the cool down and the fact I can cook in the house again.
    @Granger growing up when at Dad's we were a family of 6, once you go over a family of 4 it does seem to change things. Everyone sees your family coming.

Not sure on my plant for today yet. Going to go make Dinner for Mom soon as she is working today. Mom tends to not be overly organized and always seems to be running late. As much as I am organizing our house I am also trying to organize our lives. So much of our problems come down to not being organized and trying to do everything a the last minute. Is it possible to go from complete and total chaos to overly organized?

Well time to go get started on dinner. Have a great day everyone

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well Dinner became plan B as Mom must have eaten Plan A after I went to bed. We had some left over Mary Brown's Chicken (Which we got for free, not sure I mentioned this we had a free larger tater and gravy as last time we went through the drive thru our taters were only 1/2 to 1/4 full so Mom went to grab these plus some chicken pieces for her and a sandwich for me, manager came out and voided the whole cheque not just the taters and gravy, said it was there mistake a dinner was on them) so I was going to mashed potato bake and cauliflower to go with the chicken but she must have eaten it last night. So instead I grabbed a package of homemade meatballs from the freezer, made a mushroom gravy and will sever this over mashed potatoes that need to be used up. Also roasted some cauliflower as a veg since I bought 4 the other day. I must say not bad considering I was going in a completely different direction when I started.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I turned off the AC yesterday and it was nice to have the fresh air. The replacement latch for the phantom screen arrived far faster than they said so that helps to cool the house off nicely. I am off to Fortinos as they have corn on the cob for sale and we at having friends over for dinner.
    Granger: one of our closest friends are a family of 7, the last pregnancy was twins so we are used to the big families. One of the older boys is Logan's best friend and he spends a lot of time here especially in the summer. A few,times we have taken their kids and man does that give you an appreciation for time management and food consumption. We had three of their boys for a sleep over once and add in my two boys wow. So if you ever pass me in a store you will just get a smile and an offer to checkout 1 st.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

It seems Lily dog and I are getting creaky in our old age. Neither one of us felt like getting out of bed this morning (I got into a weird position while I slept and pulled something and I suspect Lily did the same - or she has sympathy pains). Good thing we had the short obnoxious one insisting we get going or we'd sleep the day away. Naps in the sunshine are one thing, sleeping all day in bed is a whole other story.

I suspect today's to-do list might have to be scrapped. Meh. Cuddles are more important anyway.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley great job on plan b sounds delish @Andit yes cuddles are more important

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Laundry is now dry put on the line this am and I will fold later. Inlaws dropped in for a coffee, we had a nice chat. DH's grandfather passed away last week while we were at the cottage and MIL is waiting for her sister to get discharged from the hospital so they can plan the grave side service. DH & FIL will be going to the cottage on Tuesday and back Wednesday to pickup some tools dh left behind as dh was supposed attend a corn roast which he thought was today but nope was yesterday. Needless to say they will spend the night and come back the next am. On Thursday I plan to do much needed groceries, I have $600 and need to stretch that to stock up on meats, planning on getting some 9 piece fresh chicken drumstick packs at Independent grocers for $5 and hoping that Freshco has some leftover $8 sausage packs, however, the new flyer starts Thursday so we'll see if I get lucky, they are so tasty and don't shrink compared to the butcher's choice which I used to by when on sale. My running list is making anxious as there are so many items I should purchase but meat must be a priority as it's slim pickings at the moment (lol). I missed out on the pork roast which were on sale last week hoping another sale will come along this month. Tonight's supper is some beef burgers and some pork patties, the kiddos are getting the beef as dh and I really don't mind the pork. Well off to check out some recipes for crockpot for items I have on hand and can defrost overnight. Wishing everyone a great day, pretty quiet on here.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Nancy I feel you on the meat, every time Mom suggest something for dinner I try to remember how many packs we have and if having that will lead to us being out. Meats sales just do not seem to exist anymore and when they do pop up only certain cuts go on sale for what I would consider a good price. We have seriously cut down on the amount of meat we eat and find other ways to beef up the meal.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hello. We went to the beach just the 2 of us each with a book . We could see the dark clouds coming in and lightning accross the bay so we decided to pack it up. Grabbed coffee and my honey took me for a nice Sunday drive . Raining still now but great for my tomatoes and grass. Time to shower now and head to my best friends house for dinner. Have a great night everyone.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sitting on my deck with a coffee and enjoying to cooler air.
    We too struggled with the cost of meat, but I have had some great deals recently and that has helped keep the freezer full. In the winter I like to do things with less meet but I find in the summer it's throw a steak/chicken breast on the BBQ. Today is going to be super easy for food as I cooked a whole pack of the chicken I bought on sale last week, but they were huge. So we have 5 leftover and there was 8 of us for dinner. The pack cost 11 dollars and had 11 breasts. It means I have lunch for the week as well.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Happy Saskatchewan Day here!

Canola field

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh Happy Sunday all! Today will be a much more frugal day, NOT like yesterday at the ball park ( ouch! ) But Anniversaries are for celebrating so no regrets! Watching the game on tv soon, not even sure if I want to cook at all, I am thinking we can get by on some large dinner salads most of the ingredients coming from out back.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information