User Tag List

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree5718Likes

Thread: August 2015 Frugal Chatter thread

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Bit of a slow start here today. Really didn't want to get out of bed so I didn't. Only issue is now I feel like my whole day is off. I feel like ti should be so much earlier then it is.

I had a number of people interested in items I have for sale yesterday all wanted to pick up today (of course since I am going out), I have messaged them all and no one is getting back to me. I find lately my biggest issue is no one wants to narrow down a time everyone is like oh sometime Monday or well whenever I get there on Tuesday. Not a problem if I am going to be home all day but when I won't be home and multiple people want to pick up and then everyone wants a porch pick up it makes me nervous. I have a rule only one porch pick up a day, maybe I am over thinking it but I have a huge fear of someone taking the wrong thing and it all landing on me.

Tonight we are off to have dinner with Bro, I am really looking forward to the restaurant we are going too but part of me really wishes we were staying home tonight. Just kind of in one of those moods.

Hope everyone has a great day

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I only do one porch pick up at a time too. Have hopefully one arranged soon on a bag of kids clothing from the storage locker we bid on .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Slept in a bit today which was nice. 2 nd load in the washer. Kitchen clean including breakfast dishes and the dishwasher emptied. I cleaned out a huge cupboard in kitchen and tossed some old stuff and wiped down all the shelves. So clean and organized now. My honey tightened all the kitchen chairs this morning since they were starting to sqeak. He is cutting the grass now. Going to go visit my niece and sister for a bit since they are up at my moms. Then get at cleaning and organizing the garage and get that stuff sold! Dinner. Salad and maybe chicken on bbq even though we just had that but it's healthy and good!
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Attended the outdoor symphony in Victoria last night which was fun. Frugal breakfast of cereal and fuit in the room and packed some pb sandwiches as emergency rations on the ferry as I am not sure what they have for lunch or what the lineup or price will be. For sure we will have a late lunch/early dinner out. 2 hour ferry ride to Anacortes, Washington to our B and B, then back to school shopping and home. Hope we see some marine life as we cruise through the San Juan Islands.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Typing with one hand, babe in other. Posts will be shorter, less personalized for some time, lol. Know I love reading about all your daily adventures.

Josie sleeping well.

Posted some mat leave clothes for sale.

Trying to get to finances.
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 8 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

WOB: you know it's Monday right.
    i have cleaned the outside of most of our windows. Pulled all the jeans out of Logan's closet to get ready for grade 7, he has proclaimed he will not be wearing comfy pants and tshirts this year. Yikes, but thankfully I save all of the teens jeans so we have 5 pairs I think 4 will fit. The teen needs new jeans, while his waist is the same his inseam went from a 30 to 33. But I will wait until the cooler weather as he could be even taller by October. I did get a Pair of tommy hilfigger for 14.97 at Costco so xxthat will do for any cool days in September.
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 7 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday, we had quite the light show. Poor Lily dog just couldn't seem to jump up onto her bench, so I had to help her (going to have to figure out some stairs for her - trying to lift 50lbs of whiny pup knocked me out for the rest of the evening). She managed to jump off without needing help, so not sure what was going on. And today she's fine (I'm wondering if I accidentally did some sort of chiropractic adjustment when I tried to pick her up).

Around 4am, there was an explosion. A can of peas exploded in the cupboard (guess what I spent all morning doing, although I did have 2 assistants). Quincy cat took that as his cue to ring the breakfast bell. And Lily dog decided that since everyone is up, it must be morning and time to go for a walk and spy on the neighbours. Even if it was still dark. Good thing that it was still raining lightly, or she would have insisted we go sit on the bench and wait.

Better go make lunch, before someone insists I get replaced by more competent help.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I have left a msg for my youngest to be seen as he has been having off days crying and feeling down, I'm sad to say I have been wondering about this for quite some time but he now needs helps as it's more frequent that once a month. Unfortunately both sides (dh & mine) have depression so I'm quite sad, I was hoping that it would not be something my kids would have to deal/live with. Hoping to get a call back tomorrow as today is a holiday in Ontario with some news or appointment.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

DH & FIL leave tomorrow to get some tools left behind at the cottage so it will be the boys and us and I so need to get groceries but that will have to wait until late Wednesday or early Thursday. I have a bunch of frozen stock thawing going to make a large pot of soup while it's cooler this week. Supper will be a little bit of this and that as I have small packs of frozen this & that which need to be used up. Wishing everyone a wonderful day
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Planning FIL's 80th bday dinner. So far it is a go for all invitees. MIL sounds like she is very happy I am doing this. DD wants me to push the time back a bit as SIL has to work that day. Made dessert for tonight and now have to figure out dinner for tonight. Time to bring the laundry in off the clothesline before it rains.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning All,
    Bit of a slow start here today. Really didn't want to get out of bed so I didn't. Only issue is now I feel like my whole day is off. I feel like ti should be so much earlier then it is.

I had a number of people interested in items I have for sale yesterday all wanted to pick up today (of course since I am going out), I have messaged them all and no one is getting back to me. I find lately my biggest issue is no one wants to narrow down a time everyone is like oh sometime Monday or well whenever I get there on Tuesday. Not a problem if I am going to be home all day but when I won't be home and multiple people want to pick up and then everyone wants a porch pick up it makes me nervous. I have a rule only one porch pick up a day, maybe I am over thinking it but I have a huge fear of someone taking the wrong thing and it all landing on me.

Tonight we are off to have dinner with Bro, I am really looking forward to the restaurant we are going too but part of me really wishes we were staying home tonight. Just kind of in one of those moods.

Hope everyone has a great day
    I'm iffy on porch pickups all together. The only time I've agreed to it is when the person etransfers the amount directly to me beforehand. Too many people around here purposely bring less money.

I picked up a laptop backpack last week though where the woman tried to jack the price up from $20 to $50. she was like only 20? my ad said 50. I happened to have the ad up in my phone saying 20 on the picture. I showed her what her ad said and told her if she wanted 50 I was going to pass as I can wait 2 weeks and pick a brand new one up for pretty close to that price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well girlfriend cancelled our luncheon date (her car broke down)
    -but I still went to talize got 5 tops for me -one of those is a fall top too and a wrangler top for hubby all for 20.50 -cause all tops are 50% today (pretty happy about that -now to hang the clothes out and work on my anne geddes pink puzzle with babies in it -everthing else is pink -its a hard one )
    -cause I super cleaned the house yesterday for my friend to come -no I can relax today

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

We went to the Blue Jays game yesterday and just missed the big storm. We had a great time, boy it was hot, and I got a free Blue Jays Welcome Mat too!. Free is good!
    I hope everyone in Toronto survived the storm, the sky was green, which is so scary!
    We left early and got home too late to write, and the hydro was out too!
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Taking a little break now. Not cleaning the garage. Decided to take advantage of youngest DS not being home so totally cleaned his room. And put up his pictures on his walls. We are going to paint but will wait till fall ( he switched rooms). All laundry is done and put away! Bathrooms cleaned. Would like to clean my closet but it's a big job and don't want to stop half done so will tackle that another night. I may grab a Rubbermaid bin from my "stuff for sale room" and post stuff for sale. And I think that's it for the day!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well went back it indigo as was overcharged 1.10 a week ago -back on my visa
    and back to fortinos from this morning as I got scop on my mccains pizza =6.99 back in my debit -all these little bits ad up in life

-also indigo was having a summer clearance on toys so got "ashlyn" flash cards opposites for 5.50 reg 11.50 ages 3 and up maybe will give them to her for xmas

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information