User Tag List

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree3221Likes

Thread: November 2015 Frugal Chat Thread

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I draw a serious line when it comes to smoking in my car. I am non smoker so No One smokes in my car, if they have a problem with it they can drive themselves.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Geez where did the day go...dh will be home shortly only working until 1pm but then was going to book our truck to get the windshield replaced. My arm is still infected so I will give it a few more days and then if not looking better I will make another appointment for Wednesday and my folks can drive me after my other appointment Supper tonight is homemade chicken tenders with chicken fried rice. WIshing everyone a great evening.
    I hope its getting better!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well watcvhed ashlyn today managed to get her out for a bike walk this morning for a good 45 minutes then took her to a playground and she loved the swing
    -as I was walking her on her bike -it was garbage day and bluebox day in my son's neighbourhood -as I walked past one corner blue bin I saw the kelloggs mini-wheats Hasbro box for a free 15.00 pin coupon that comes in the mail -I passed it then half way down the street I turned around and went back and scooped it out of the blue bin -it still had the plastic bag in it (so I didn't think it was used ) I was right just entered the pin a free cpn coming to me and I didn't even buy the cereal -yipeeee
    -ashly was holding the box all the way home looking at the playdoh picture on the back
    -my daughter-in-law asked me if I wanted to bath her today as they came in late last night from a 2 year old party -yep I love doing all the extras for my granddaughter -ahhhhhhh
    -and have to be there on Tuesday at 6.00 a.m to babysit
    That is fantastic. I haven't even seen yhe boxes here yet .

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit very kind of you to help a friend/neighbour
    @avoncallingu you so sorry for the loss of your niece, I hadn't read it here but then again I have been pre-occupied these days, prayers and thoughts are with you and your family and especially her children, very sad and tragic (hugs)
    @lizzie bargain very frugal/productive day indeed
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

What fog and what drizzle this afternoon. Still managed to find 4 Monopoly stickers-one is for a small hot beverage so that means hot chocolate tomorrow!

I had a PC Plus points inquiry to do earlier this week (missed 200 points on sparkling PC soda) and got the points showing in my account within 30min. But the PC Plus points balance did not update until I did a purchase the next day and had my card swiped. I'm glad @Sweets parrow asked about where to see her PC Points and that @Frugalbigmama answered. Since I don't have PC Financial cards, I often thought members had to check two accounts (their financial one & the PC Plus one) to see where their points are and at what levels.

For fans of the Distillery District's Christmas Market-the weekends will have an admission charge, with proceeds being shared between a few organizations. The reasons given are to make the crowds more manageable and the experience better.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Since I am fighting a cold and dh has a nasty flu/cold I am getting a ride with FIL because I don't want to give my mom the cold/flu that is going around the house as she has been battling pneumia because of her heart problems.

Fingers crossed FIL doesn't want to do tons of errands but I'm along for the ride, what's a girl to do.

Wishing everyone a great evening.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

My sweet husband went shopping after work, so I could do the CO51 for Dairy Milk bars and Pepperidge Farm Tortillas.

Bad news is at London Drugs, the cashier didn't input the FPC for Jergens lotion, so that was a 2.99 loss. The other day, cashier at Co-op didn't use a 1.50 coupon. In both cases, there were two other coupons used just fine.

I didn't hassle my husband about this, because he offered to do the shopping since it was nearby where he was going to pick up a parcel.

Have a good evening, everyone!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I really goofed today. Had a PC Plus offer for 7500 pts for spending $75. I didn`t think I`d be spending that much so didn`t write it on my list. I went over but for some reason decided to redeem $50. Could have kicked myself when I realized on the way home.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Day of reflection here...

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Went to the doc last night for another reason but decided to throw out there that my infection will not go away and I have treated multiple times and cannot find the pills which is usually what I need to clear it up. Well doc was no help told me to just keep buying treatments there is nothing he can do for me and I just have to suffer through it. So I guess my search continues I have been to 3 Wal-Mart, 2 RCSS, 2 local pharmacy & 3 Shoppers looking for these pills as they are the only thing that works for me but they are all out of stock. Apparently there is a production issue. Tomorrow I am off to another location to work for the day so I will look at some stores around there see what I can find. Right now feeling like money is flying out of my wallet on these treatments which would be fine if they were working but at this point I am getting zero relief and am just more and more frustrated. Oh well what can you do.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions my issue is they spread internally which is why I need the pill as it fights it all. I literally end up with it coming out my skin when it gets this bad and break out in random rashes.

Well time to get on with this day, have a great one everyone.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Sassy, when I was in my 30's I suffered from chronic yeast infections. After months of oral and topical medications I was referred to the book the Yeast Connection and to take Acidophilus daily. All I can say is you need to read this book, take the supplements and you will never look back. The Yeast connection diet does involve cutting out sugars and flours but it worked wonders for me.Here is a link to the supplement and it is easily found, my doctor and dentist both recommend I take it when I have to start a course of Antibiotics and I never get yeast infections. I think you can download the book online. It is so worth it!Here is a little info about Acidophilus and Bifidus.
    http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/bene...idus-5997.html

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Good Morning, well I am slightly less dizzy after being on these meds for over a week so I am hoping it will still improve. I am hoping to get caught up after doing the bare minimum for a week!
    I attended a beautiful Remembrance day service at my granddaughters school yesterday, I couldn't believe the talent in the band and choir, it was truly one of the best services I have attended in years. They did a power point presentation of the Aboriginal Code Talkers and I was impressed they included our aboriginal community in the memorial, it was very interesting.
    My best friends husband is in the hospital with end stage cancer and I have been running meals over for her so today I am popping a huge roast in the oven and am going to make her up some meals. She is exhausted and I know she appreciates being able to pop something in the microwave when she pops home for supper. I picked up the eye of round roasts on sale at No Frills this week, it looks like it has a lot of fat on it so I hope it will be good.
    I hope everyone gets the chance to reflect and remember our fallen soldiers today.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I draw a serious line when it comes to smoking in my car. I am non smoker so No One smokes in my car, if they have a problem with it they can drive themselves.
    That would be my rule as well, since I'm allergic. Our passenger never smoked in our car, but it was so heavily ingrained in his clothes that the smell completely saturated the seats and the seat belt! It's possible I'm extra sensitive because of the allergies. I was so happy when he moved in with other family up north, but he still works with DH.

Thank you all for bearing with me. What a cranky last post I had. It was a super bad day due to some office politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    What fog and what drizzle this afternoon. Still managed to find 4 Monopoly stickers-one is for a small hot beverage so that means hot chocolate tomorrow!

I had a PC Plus points inquiry to do earlier this week (missed 200 points on sparkling PC soda) and got the points showing in my account within 30min. But the PC Plus points balance did not update until I did a purchase the next day and had my card swiped. I'm glad @Sweetsparrow asked about where to see her PC Points and that @Frugalbigmama answered. Since I don't have PC Financial cards, I often thought members had to check two accounts (their financial one & the PC Plus one) to see where their points are and at what levels.

For fans of the Distillery District's Christmas Market-the weekends will have an admission charge, with proceeds being shared between a few organizations. The reasons given are to make the crowds more manageable and the experience better.
    Congratulations on finding the hot chocolate!

I haven't even heard of the Distillery District's Christmas Market and I lived nearby for years. Sounds lovely. Perhaps @Andit will send us some photos.

I've heard of having a financial PC points account and a PC Plus account but that only happens if your accounts aren't linked. Mine are, so I really am missing about 20,000 points from the four 5,000 coupons that I used. Has anyone else used those coupons and still waiting for them to show up?

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I really goofed today. Had a PC Plus offer for 7500 pts for spending $75. I didn`t think I`d be spending that much so didn`t write it on my list. I went over but for some reason decided to redeem $50. Could have kicked myself when I realized on the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning All,
    Went to the doc last night for another reason but decided to throw out there that my infection will not go away and I have treated multiple times and cannot find the pills which is usually what I need to clear it up. Well doc was no help told me to just keep buying treatments there is nothing he can do for me and I just have to suffer through it. So I guess my search continues I have been to 3 Wal-Mart, 2 RCSS, 2 local pharmacy & 3 Shoppers looking for these pills as they are the only thing that works for me but they are all out of stock. Apparently there is a production issue. Tomorrow I am off to another location to work for the day so I will look at some stores around there see what I can find. Right now feeling like money is flying out of my wallet on these treatments which would be fine if they were working but at this point I am getting zero relief and am just more and more frustrated. Oh well what can you do.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions my issue is they spread internally which is why I need the pill as it fights it all. I literally end up with it coming out my skin when it gets this bad and break out in random rashes.

Well time to get on with this day, have a great one everyone.
    It might be a good idea to call around to different pharmacies (maybe the smaller independent pharmacies too?) when you're travelling. If it is a production issue, hopefully they get it fixed and get the stock out sooner than later.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley if you are talking about the over the counter med I think by Canesten, I spoke with the pharmacist about this and apparently it takes 5 full days to take effect.

Since your docter is a male and has no idea what a yeast infection feels like, could you not go to a walk in clinic and say I need a prescription to clear this up and I would like refills as well....just a thought.

I will admit I did try the apple cider vinegar the other day and burn baby burn it does but it made a huge difference, it dried the moisture problem right up....not trying to be grose...also sugar is not good when dealing with an infection I read that online as well and certainly no products that contain yeast such as breads etc....

good luck

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@thriftygranny so sorry to hear about your friends husband, very kind of you to do what you do best take care of others, you are so thoughtful and considerate
    @sweet sparrow it can take up to a month for the 5k points to show up if you don't see them in a month call.

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information