User Tag List

Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree3221Likes

Thread: November 2015 Frugal Chat Thread

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Hey all,

After spending to much time online searching for same surgery and feedback, I have decided to wait a few more days. From what I can tell it's healing but open (shrug). I know the hospital won't close it up so I'll see how the week goes and if it looks worse I'll call for an appointment.

I was talking to pc financial yesterday and the lady said I should call ecofax.....yikes....so that is on my to do list tomorrow.

I have no idea what she is talking about but will follow her suggestion. Has anyone ever called ecofax and I've read online they give you a free report on your credit score....any insite would be appreciated. Are there any fees also what about transunion?

Well I asked dh to hang 3 pictures for me as he is anal with centering them etc and it got done this morning so I'm pleased it's done, I've been wanting this done for almost a year (eye rolling) BUT it's done.

Supper tonight is something with bacon, low key perhaps chicken & bacon sandwiches or something of the nature.

I need to get my meal plan for the week.
    Equifax. You can mail in for a free report once a year or go online and pay for one more often. I think i paid 23.95 in july.

Transunion you can mail in once a year free as well

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well, it is Monday and back to work, did not sleep well at all last night so today might be a bit of a challenge and I have a ton of little things to get done tonight. May have to rely on a little more caffeine then normal to make it.

I got a bit of a shock yesterday, My mom has come up with a plan to cut down her debt, she was looking for a consolidation loan but everyone she spoke to makes you get rid of your credit cards which she is not willing to do. But on the flip side I have now told her if I see her using her credit cards for non emergencies I am taking them away which will be really bad because if I am travelling she will have to wait till I am home to gain access back to them. As well we discussed money in the house account is never extra money and DO NOT TOUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As well with my change in roles it is going to cut down my overtime as I cannot access other branches before they open like I do my home location so I cannot keep supplementing her income with my overtime. I think my new role might be scaring her a little because I won't be around to bail her out and I am hoping this is a good thing, only time will tell.

Well I better get back to work, so much on the go right now. I am really trying not to feel over whelmed but on the flip side it is hard not too because there is so much going on and it feels like we are running out of time before the end of the year.

Have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Equifax. You can mail in for a free report once a year or go online and pay for one more often. I think i paid 23.95 in july.

Transunion you can mail in once a year free as well
    I was going to do it by fax as I didn't want my information to get into the wrong hands.

I called Equifax this am and there definitely is something wrong as they said they could not identify my identify by the automated messages and the information I submitted.

Has anyone else had this issue, I'm in a panic as our mortgage is due for early renewal in January or the latest April.

Is it easy to get ride of information that is there wrongly (not by the actual me).

Thanks, I would appreciate everyone input that has knowledge with both Equifax and Transunion.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Sorry, no help here Nancy. I`ve never used either.
    Hope your arm is starting to feel better.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have officially started wrapping Christmas gifts. Need to dig out my tags but I have them in piles ready to tag. Now I am in the shopping mood. Off to shower and roam ��

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

OMG we have been without water for going on 2 days a big water main broke,water works says maybe only late tonight when we will have water
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Oh, YOU AND ME, I know what that's like, gah! Do they have a portable water supply for you on your block to use, or at least nearby?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Ugh, no water for two days is not fun.^^^^^

The girls and I did our batch cooking yesterday and boy was I tired when we finished. We made Thai Coconut chicken soup, Chicken tortilla soup, and a curried butternut squash lentil soup. We also made 48 breakfast burritos. We kind of conquered the ethnic recipes!!
    All of it is portioned and in our freezers, my son gave a hearty thumbs up to the breakfast burritos this morning so it was keeper recipe!! A lot of work for one afternoon but it will be so nice to have easy meals in the freezer. I have to start searching for more recipes for next time and we have put a Sunday aside to do all of our Christmas baking.
    Wishing everyone a wonderful day!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Mon, Nov 16th, 2015 at 01:35 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I have officially started wrapping Christmas gifts. Need to dig out my tags but I have them in piles ready to tag. Now I am in the shopping mood. Off to shower and roam ��
    I am jealous of your organisation!!! I have my stocking stuffers organized and have my final shopping list but no wrapping here yet!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@YOU AND ME It`s no fun being without water. Years ago we were without hydro for 3 days in the summer. Since then I always keep a few 2L bottles filled with water so we can at least wash hands etc.

Heard from a friend on Sunday. Her hubby has cancer of the esophagus. He`s had radiation treatments but no more can be done for him. He`s had really low blood but the Dr. didn`t get him in for a transfusion. He passed out and broke one leg and sprained the other one badly. He`s now in a wheelchair. Makes a person realize that our problems could always be worse.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    @YOU AND ME It`s no fun being without water. Years ago we were without hydro for 3 days in the summer. Since then I always keep a few 2L bottles filled with water so we can at least wash hands etc.

Heard from a friend on Sunday. Her hubby has cancer of the esophagus. He`s had radiation treatments but no more can be done for him. He`s had really low blood but the Dr. didn`t get him in for a transfusion. He passed out and broke one leg and sprained the other one badly. He`s now in a wheelchair. Makes a person realize that our problems could always be worse.
    so sad and so true, you're right there is always someone worse of than ourselves, sending prayers for your friend and her husband
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-I think you are right-now that you will be gone quite a bit your Mom will have to fend for herself a bit more and rely on you a little less and that could be a good thing.

I just had a 2 hour Skype video chat with my sister in Buenos Aries. I think it has been quite an adjustment for her so I mostly listened! After 3 months in a hotel their furniture has finally arrived by ship although she said it will still be 2-6 weeks before it is released from the port and moved into their apartment which has been sitting empty. I think once they are moved into their apt things should feel more settled. At least her husband likes his job, but I think she is tired of staring at the same 4 walls although she has been going out to Spanish lessons each day. She is so looking forward to our visit to BA later in January( they are also coming home for a couple of weeks at Xmas). Anyway I should get off the computer and out for a walk while it is nice and sunny!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I was going to do it by fax as I didn't want my information to get into the wrong hands.

I called Equifax this am and there definitely is something wrong as they said they could not identify my identify by the automated messages and the information I submitted.

Has anyone else had this issue, I'm in a panic as our mortgage is due for early renewal in January or the latest April.

Is it easy to get ride of information that is there wrongly (not by the actual me).

Thanks, I would appreciate everyone input that has knowledge with both Equifax and Transunion.
    I had mailed in photocopies of my ID and CRA Notice of Assessment (might need to do both sides) with my free credit report request to TransUnion near the start of the year. When I got my report, I noticed something relatively minor. There's a 30-day timeframe to notify TU of any discrepancies. I was able to see when one bank did look at my account (on my free report-it seemed to correspond with their credit card mailings) but did not see any mention of my current bank looking at my account. Unfortunately, I have not gotten around to paying for the full report. The local TU office is on Harvester Rd in Burlington near an employment resource centre I sometimes attend.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley -has your Mom been able to close out the storage unit and sell some items to cover some of her costs? That should be her priority before the snow becomes an issue. Just make sure your name/bank account or property are not on her loan paperwork if that is the route she decides upon. If she were to live with glass jars like Gail Vaz-Oxlade suggests for dividing one's money for various expenses, how long would she last on one of her paycheques? The loan might seem like a relief to her but it does not tell her how to change her spending/saving habits.
    @Andit -hey, lucky Santa Claus parade attendee! Did you get gifted by Sears with one of their Sears Parkas that the company gave away during the parade? Read about the freebie on their Facebook page today. Have you attended any Theatre Francais de Toronto productions?

PC Plus-my first redemption happened on Saturday. I had to use my 200pts per $1 spent on lemons (to get over the 20000 level) so I bought the 3/$2 offer. Did a second transaction for Nivea cremes (3 on sale) and only had to pay 30 cents after my 20000 points were redeemed! Fun fact-this was one day prior to my second-year anniversary with the program.

Karma-I dropped my McCafe card with 6 stickers somewhere on my walk yesterday. After a few minutes I got over it-I've had some free food prizes due to finding stickers on Monopoly cups/packaging. Today I found two stamps but they were duplicates. Last day to get meals with the stickers if your McDonald's still has packaging left!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Trendy cauliflower recipe if you don't want the usual dish: http://www.thestar.com/life/food_win...uliflower.html

Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information