User Tag List

Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I stumbled across this flourless 3 ingredient mini-muffin recipe on Facebook today...so here it is from memory.

3 ingredient mini-muffins
    2 very ripe bananas, mashed
    4 eggs (egg whites or egg substitute)
    berries

Mash the bananas and combine with the eggs. Spray the mini-muffin tin with cooking spray. Place a few berries in each cup, then fill with banana mixture. Bake for 12min at 350(?). Cool slightly before removing from pan.

i only have regular sized muffin tins, but I'm thinking about trying this out for our 3.5yr old son and I. I've got ripe bananas in the freezer.
    walkonby and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I stumbled across this flourless 3 ingredient mini-muffin recipe on Facebook today...so here it is from memory.

3 ingredient mini-muffins
    2 very ripe bananas, mashed
    4 eggs (egg whites or egg substitute)
    berries

Mash the bananas and combine with the eggs. Spray the mini-muffin tin with cooking spray. Place a few berries in each cup, then fill with banana mixture. Bake for 12min at 350(?). Cool slightly before removing from pan.

i only have regular sized muffin tins, but I'm thinking about trying this out for our 3.5yr old son and I. I've got ripe bananas in the freezer.
    Thank you for posting that, Angela. It's very similar to Curt81's pancake recipe of a mashed banana and 2 eggs. Or was it 2 mashed bananas and 1 egg? I'll have to go back and find it.
    But this looks so interesting; love bananas and always have some kind of fresh or frozen fruit around!
    Hope your son enjoys them; let us know how they turn out.
    Thanks!!
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post

However! Every time that woman said the word, "fructose" my ears bled!! Unless she was speaking with a British accent, the word in North America is pronounced, "frooooctose"! Honestly, my heart stopped every time she said it, I could hardly pay attention to WHAT she was saying otherwise!!

Oh I agree, that was definitely painful to hear!

I gave up pop almost 2 years ago now, and I don't even miss it anymore. I'll still have a glass as mix with the occasional drink but that doesn't happen very often. I had trouble with acne, and as soon as I stopped with the pop it cleared up. I know I still eat more sugary things than I should, but I definitely try to make it a treat and less of an everyday type of thing. My face tells me right away if I've had to much since I seem to break out from it.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    Oh I agree, that was definitely painful to hear!

I gave up pop almost 2 years ago now, and I don't even miss it anymore. I'll still have a glass as mix with the occasional drink but that doesn't happen very often. I had trouble with acne, and as soon as I stopped with the pop it cleared up. I know I still eat more sugary things than I should, but I definitely try to make it a treat and less of an everyday type of thing. My face tells me right away if I've had to much since I seem to break out from it.
    ..isn't it weird how a simple thing like a mispronunciation can blot out everything else someone is saying?! Boggles the mind...or maybe mine is too weak to cope!

Beckie.c, whatever it takes to break you of a sugar-habit, I'm grateful for! You know that expression, "If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself."? Well believe it!! Time flies by and good habits will ensure a better, healthier future for you young people!! I'm fortunate to be in pretty darn good health...if it wasn't for this stupid knee I'd be a young'un still!! So I have to be satisfied thinking young-at-heart, although some days, that's a struggle...

Take care, Sweetie!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Feb 22nd, 2016 at 11:23 AM.
    Angela273, walkonby and beckie.c like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yeah I was just being a brat ^^^

lol

beckie.c likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So nothing's changed, Brat! Still a trouble-maker...

Let's let the Cambridge people decide, shall we?
    And as we're North American, we'll use the US pronounciation...the British one sounds like they're swearing..

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/pron...glish/fructose
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    yeah I was just being a brat ^^^

lol

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post

Um...using a Japanese anime to prounounce a word as we use it in North America, LOL....you really are a nut-case!!
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Look at all you superstars! Well the scale is stuck at my original January 1st number. How is that possible? I'd expect to at least have a number change. I grabbed this great reference chart that I now have on my desktop, since I'm not following any specific diet plan, IE: WW, Atkins, SlimFast, etc. I'm hoping it helps. Anyways, thought maybe this chart may help some people.

Name:  goal.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  26.0 KB
    harbie likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Look at all you superstars! Well the scale is stuck at my original January 1st number. How is that possible? I'd expect to at least have a number change. I grabbed this great reference chart that I now have on my desktop, since I'm not following any specific diet plan, IE: WW, Atkins, SlimFast, etc. I'm hoping it helps. Anyways, thought maybe this chart may help some people.

Name:  goal.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  26.0 KB
    oh Tara!! Mine is the Protein and veggies combo at the moment, I dislike giving up the Smart Points to do carbs, so I do try to replace as many as possible with a free veggie, however, that being said, when I cave I CAVE big! That is why I am glad I found NU PASTA ( gf noodles ), they mean I can really enjoy a bowl of homemade spaghetti without the concern over portion control.
    Rats to your scale being on " stuck " mode. Kick it!! lol
    TaraF and harbie like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

TaraF and harbie like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We can be our own worst enemies, doubting we could accomplish eating healthy or anything else for that matter, telling ourselves that 'this' cheat won't matter, that we'll start again tomorrow or Monday with a new plan...

Stop it. Each and every one of us has the strength to do this IF we want it badly enough. That's the thing: how badly do we want it, what price are we willing to put on it (how valuable is it to us?) and how do we want to feel a month fromnow?

It's in our own two hands. We CAN do this!!!
    TaraF, harbie and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

On this note I'm going to head off to cut up my veggies for the next 2 days. I like to be able to "grab and go" my raw veg, that way I'm not grabbing the cookies and snacks my hubby has around.
    Name:  174b161933c5fd09a9bbe66d90881493.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  11.3 KB

Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread Information