User Tag List

Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Here is a scary and informative link from the Canadian Heart & Stroke foundation.

http://www.heartandstroke.com/site/c..._and_waist.htm
    Davetherave likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The really sad part is, that most women die from heart disease than from ALL forms of cancers, combined, yet cancer is getting most of the attention and money.

• Cardiovascular diseases claim more lives than all forms of cancer combined.

• Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women, and is more deadly than all forms of cancer combined.
    • While1 in 31 American women dies from breast cancer each year, 1 in 3 dies of heart disease.

Angela273 and Davetherave like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hey Angela and Lynn.....GULP! Stop scaring me!! ha ha ha I know this is a subject that we should be discussing. I've known about those risk factors ( waist measurement, bmi, etc ) for a while now. I feel as long as you get your physical exam every year or two from your GP he/she can check all the blood work, the levels of sugar, cholesterol at that visit to let you know if you are at risk or not.
    Then act accordingly by either dropping the excess weight, getting active or go on meds.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Still don't know if I lost weight lol. I made myself some flat bread last night. I'm going to post a video from my YouTube channel where I do something stupid but not too bad (you be the judge if you want to )
    Last edited by cabmonk; Thu, Mar 3rd, 2016 at 09:28 PM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Davetherave likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Right now I feel like I am just in make it through mode. As expected March is going to be pure and total insanity for me and has been knocking me down pretty bad, by the time I am off work I am exhausted and most weekends are not very productive as I just feel run down.

Last weekend I did manage to make crock pot oatmeal (yes this is how run down I feel crock pot meals feel like too much work) so that have been first breakfast all week. I also bring Granola and a Smooth Cottage cheese as snacks. Lunch has been hit and miss, I have had a few salads to use up some lettuce we had in the fridge but I had to admit eating salad in winter is hard, nothing about a cold lunch is appealing. So some leftovers have been thrown in on really cold days.

I am hoping this weekend goes better and I can get some prep done for next week as well as get some meals in the freezer as this month is not going to slow down.

Although I do not formally exercise I must say upgrading our system has been a wonderful work out for me as I have been lapping our building helping everyone with their problems on the system so maybe that will make up a little for my bad eating habits.
    Angela273, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Anyway tonight no pancakes. I'm making some couscous..

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Here I am with week #9 under my belt on the Weight Watchers Programme and the numbers speak for themselves!
    Since starting I have lost NEARLY 27 lbs!! ( 26.7, by the digital scale ) and dropped a total of 16.5 inches combined from the BIG three ( bust, waist, hips ) areas and another 7 " from limb areas. ( 1" off each upper arm, 2.5" off each thigh )
    My loss for this week was a single pound but I will not scoff at that after seeing what a lb of fat looks like in pics.
    Have a great week everyone!
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Once again, I forgot to post: I went to WW to get weighed-in, but didn't want to know the number, since I had gained a little...no idea how much, but the nice lady said it wasn't that bad, and I know I'll get back on the wagon today...actually yesterday, so I expect a loss this coming week. It's still to icy out there for me to walk, although isn't it nice of mall parking lots to be so user-friendly?

Looks like in our own ways, we're continuing to plug along, and that's what it's all about...trying to establish better eating habits, like Cabmonk's couscous with, I hope, a ton of veggies in it...? Sauteed onions make everything better, Cabbie...

SassyAshley, one week at a time: like the one I had, there are good and bad weeks, that's life, we just have to get on with it and keep going. It's the thought and the direction we're heading, in the fast or slow lane, doesn't matter, our bodies are loving us for it and will do its best to keep us healthy.

Walkonby...ugh, I have my physical on Monday, but since I'd recently been th rough all kinds and every kind of heart test in the past couple of months, I know at least, that it's in really good shape. I'm pretty sure the rest of me is too, except for the wobbly bits, but he'll be pleased at the approx 20lbs I've lost since starting this studder-start healthier way of eating.
    I haven't done any measurements since I started, Walks...perhaps I'll do that later today.

For now, everyone, the weekend is a time to relax and do a little prep-work (I'm thinking a nice veggie soup with the turkey carcass that'll be left over after tonight's dinner, to make my stock)...stay on the path, everyone! We'll all meet up at the finish!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I like to put things like diced tomatoes, cucumber etc in my couscous. Sometimes add a little italian dressing.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Morning Everyone!

Had a great weekend with my family in my hometown... the wildlife association in town put on a supper and dance, so we were able to partake in some fabulous wild food.

I'm still a little all over the map with the scale, but my jeans are fitting better again so I'm taking that as I'm making some good progress There are only a few more weeks of Monday night dance classes left, so DH and I are looking into kickboxing for the spring/summer. I'm definitely more successful when I have a workout buddy.

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Here I am with week #9 under my belt on the Weight Watchers Programme and the numbers speak for themselves!
    Since starting I have lost NEARLY 27 lbs!! ( 26.7, by the digital scale ) and dropped a total of 16.5 inches combined from the BIG three ( bust, waist, hips ) areas and another 7 " from limb areas. ( 1" off each upper arm, 2.5" off each thigh )
    My loss for this week was a single pound but I will not scoff at that after seeing what a lb of fat looks like in pics.
    Have a great week everyone!
    Great job. Keep up the good work.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, Walkonby, I can't remember when I last ate corn!! Must be years now...filthy GMO; can't even trust organic corn anymore. I don't even want to know what else is laced with GMOs; I may be reduced to eating the dandylions in our yard only!!

Finally my scale did more....I lost the 2lbs I had gained about a week ago, got back on track, lost those, -2 more!! So I'm really, really happy now. See??

I asked my Hubby to bring up my juicer this morning, got it all cleaned up, and had an incredible juice for breakfast: 2 celery stalks, 2 carrots, 1 apple, a big bunch of lettuce, and a few slices of ginger...whoa! Rocked MY world!! That's pretty much what I had on hand re juicing so I just got back from the grocery store with more juicable stuff. I felt so wonderful this morning after that breakfast!

I watched 3 documentaries on Netflix about eating properly, juicing, etc and honestly I wish I had known this and done something about it much sooner in my life. However, since Hubby and I are still healthy for our ages, there's no time like the present to start. I'm not sure he'll use the juicer, but he is eating so much healthier and trust guys, eh? A couple months on a diet, they lose their tummies and are ready for the catwalk!!! Gah!!!

I hope everyone is marching right along, getting healthier for themselves and their families....Tara, you'll do fine tomorrow. If you're disappointed, though, get back on the wagon with us and become a LOSER like the rest of us!!

TaraF, Angela273, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hooray!! I am cheering you on @Lynn49 . Way to build on those great lbs lost by treating your body to a juice! My mean Green juice also gave me that wonderful feeling in the tummy! I made 2 pitchers up the other day ( as DD wanted some as well ) and now there is only about 8 oz left in one.
    Today when I was at RCSS trying to PM the Litre cartons of Blue Menu egg whites NF had on for $2.88 I was foiled again! Not only did the 3 locations of NF I had been at not have any BUT RCSS also said the issue was with the warehouse as they were never sent them any.
    However, on the damage rack I see this humongous pkg with 6 Romaine in it for 30% off, and they all still looked great too, and it was just $3.49 OOP. Sold! ha ha DH made him and DS a nice big Caesar salad to take into work with their Fettuccine meal.
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Hooray!! I am cheering you on @Lynn49 . Way to build on those great lbs lost by treating your body to a juice! My mean Green juice also gave me that wonderful feeling in the tummy! I made 2 pitchers up the other day ( as DD wanted some as well ) and now there is only about 8 oz left in one.
    Today when I was at RCSS trying to PM the Litre cartons of Blue Menu egg whites NF had on for $2.88 I was foiled again! Not only did the 3 locations of NF I had been at not have any BUT RCSS also said the issue was with the warehouse as they were never sent them any.
    However, on the damage rack I see this humongous pkg with 6 Romaine in it for 30% off, and they all still looked great too, and it was just $3.49 OOP. Sold! ha ha DH made him and DS a nice big Caesar salad to take into work with their Fettuccine meal.
    Honestly, Walkonby, I've found the best deals on those sale racks...my last one being one of those 4-packs of mixed peppers...I got them home and heavens, no idea why on earth they were discounted! Washed, chopped them up for our omelets and they were perfect! Good for you with that romaine!

So...wanna share your green juice recipe? {{{blink blink}}}

I found this site with lots of recipes...and I forgot to buy beets...!!

https://juicerecipes.com/recipes/

Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread Information