User Tag List

Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Honestly, Walkonby, I've found the best deals on those sale racks...my last one being one of those 4-packs of mixed peppers...I got them home and heavens, no idea why on earth they were discounted! Washed, chopped them up for our omelets and they were perfect! Good for you with that romaine!

So...wanna share your green juice recipe? {{{blink blink}}}

I found this site with lots of recipes...and I forgot to buy beets...!!

https://juicerecipes.com/recipes/
    no problemo!! The mean green juice I make has not as much apple in it, I use spinach or romaine as an extra green item.

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/mean-green-juice/

I followed Joe Cross's juice fast for 10 days once when I was STILL working ( slugging 50 lb parcels around too ) and felt like a million bucks. So hard to imagine going 10 days without any solid foods now but my head was in the right place to try it and it was great!

Btw, when I did that for 10 days I also used other recipes from his book, like the red and purple juices ( those were my " dessert! hee hee )

http://shop.rebootwithjoe.com/produc...e-recipes-book

my son bought me that book as a gift, great timing too!
    Angela273, Lynn49 and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I guess pizza pops aren't a good idea huh lol. Too bad there aren't any of those gardein vegan pockets here in timmins. They look good and I would like to Try them.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Well walks soon there's gonna be nothing left of you! Awesome job girl! I wish. I wish I was there with you. But hmpfh. I gotta kick this anemia to give me some energy to do anything, I think it's a big problem of mine. I just feel drained after a walk to the mall. Or sometimes doing nothing at all. But I also know that getting some good oxygen in my blood will help give me energy. It's a nasty beast lol

I'm wondering what you all think of personal trainers? I like the thought of accountability, one on one training, and did I mention accountability? I know the Y offers PT but I don't know the cost and it's in addition to your membership fee. The cheapest I can find at an independent gym here is like $65/hr but there is no gym membership required. I was thinking that if I could go twice a week and cut it into 2 1/2 hr sessions if I was allowed, that's "only" $65/wk. It's still a lot, but I really feel like when it comes to my health that I kind of deserve it. And if THIS is what will help me than I shouldn't hold back. Thoughts?
    Last edited by TaraF; Thu, Mar 10th, 2016 at 09:40 PM.
    ROMEO, Angela273, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Well walks soon there's gonna be nothing left of you! Awesome job girl! I wish. I wish I was there with you. But hmpfh. I gotta kick this anemia to give me some energy to do anything, I think it's a big problem of mine. I just feel drained after a walk to the mall. Or sometimes doing nothing at all. But I also know that getting some good oxygen in my blood will help give me energy. It's a nasty beast lol

I'm wondering what you all think of personal trainers? I like the thought of accountability, one on one training, and did I mention accountability? I know the Y offers PT but I don't know the cost and it's in addition to your membership fee. The cheapest I can find at an independent gym here is like $65/hr but there is no gym membership required. I was thinking that if I could go twice a week and cut it into 2 1/2 hr sessions if I was allowed, that's "only" $65/wk. It's still a lot, but I really feel like when it comes to my health that I kind of deserve it. And if THIS is what will help me than I shouldn't hold back. Thoughts?
    @TaraF For a brief moment I had actually considered reaching out for that kind of help myself ( Personal Trainer ) when I was looking at the other fitness options ( programmes/classes ) being offered with a Pan Am Centre Gym membership. ( separate from the pool membership ), but in the end decided I could not afford the costs of their membership.
    But, if you can swing those 1/2 hr sessions where no membership fee is attached at that independent gym that does sound interesting, but I'd be curious if the PT offers a pay as you go or is there a set number of sessions you must purchase?
    Good luck!!
    TaraF, ROMEO, Angela273 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Down 3.9lbs!!

Sorry for yelling, but I just can't believe it!! I was in a stall last week: .2lbs which was a disappointment, and thankfully this past week I didn't weigh myself because this was just such a wonderful surprise!!! What an incentive to keep going!!

Walkonby, thank you for those recipes, I'll take a peek at them today. {{{kiss, kiss}}}

Tara, that's a lot of cash for a PT which I couldn't personally justify, but if that's what you need, Sweetheart, you go for it!!
    I'm wondering, however, whether you need accountibility with your meal planning and weight loss, or exercise? You can't exercise off bad eating habits, not that you have any, I don't know, but it's sure a lot cheaper for a WeightWatchers program, about $65 per month and it sure does have that factor you're looking for. Walks and I are losing brilliantly on it...might be something to consider. And we love our nifty calculators!
    Anyhoodles...with your weakness and anemia, I just wonder if addressing healthy eating might make more sense...?

Or...just ignore an old lady!!

Take good care, everyone!!!

"Proud to be a LOSER!"

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Not sure if I posted this juicing site...
    https://juicerecipes.com/recipes/
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Walks I'm so desperate right now that no matter what I need to do to get out of my rut to lose weight, I'll rob peter to pay paul if I needed. Have you ever watched the show "My 600lb Life"? I binge watch that with my Mom. I find it really inspirational that if someone 600-800lbs can lose weight to get surgery that I should be able to lose weight at my weight. Well I've picked up information and put it together as I've watched the show and this is what I've come up with. The Dr puts them on the following diet.

1000 calories a day
    No sugar/no sugary drinks
    No to very low carbs, but no starchy carbs like potatoes,white bread, etc.
    High Protein
    Vegetables.

Last night's episode I learned that he wants his patients to eat their protein before they eat their vegetables. The diet itself seems sensible, but I wonder why you should eat your protein before your veg. Anyways I've seen 3 dieticians, they've all focused on my diabetes and trying to sell me on the latest cancer causing insulin. No lie. The drug these guys want to push at me (Lantus) was suspected of causing cancer in 2009 and so the FDA put out a warning and started a study which is still ongoing. Not going to be someone's guinea pig. Anyways, these dieticians only want to push drugs and not help with diet, isn't that the very meaning of their profession? So I'm thinking I might go with this one. What do I got to lose? Besides some weight. haha.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Walks I'm so desperate right now that no matter what I need to do to get out of my rut to lose weight, I'll rob peter to pay paul if I needed. Have you ever watched the show "My 600lb Life"? I binge watch that with my Mom. I find it really inspirational that if someone 600-800lbs can lose weight to get surgery that I should be able to lose weight at my weight. Well I've picked up information and put it together as I've watched the show and this is what I've come up with. The Dr puts them on the following diet.

1000 calories a day
    High Protein
    Vegetables.

Last night's episode I learned that he wants his patients to eat their protein before they eat their vegetables. The diet itself seems sensible, but I wonder why you should eat your protein before your veg. Anyways I've seen 3 dieticians, they've all focused on my diabetes and trying to sell me on the latest cancer causing insulin. No lie. The drug these guys want to push at me (Lantus) was suspected of causing cancer in 2009 and so the FDA put out a warning and started a study which is still ongoing. Not going to be someone's guinea pig. Anyways, these dieticians only want to push drugs and not help with diet, isn't that the very meaning of their profession? So I'm thinking I might go with this one. What do I got to lose? Besides some weight. haha.
    Tara, there is no reason to eat protein before your veggies. I think he just wants to make sure they actually GET their protein in before they binge on vegetables.

Here's what I eat:

Approx 800-1000 calories per day
    Vegetables
    One serving of fruit (usually a large bowl of cut up strawberries with sweetener, maybe a dollop of lite Cool Whip on it, doesn't hurt my diet or one of those little servings of fruit yogurt mixed into it)
    Vegetables
    Protein: 3oz chicken, fish or beef, or 1-2 eggs twice a day (total 6oz)
    One serving of bread (either one slice of regular bread or 2 slices of WeightWatchers bread)
    1 tsp of butter or olive oil maybe once or twice a week.

I eat NO: potatoes, rice, pasta, beans, corn, salad dressings (if I had a salad, which my body won't tolerate too much, it would be with a little olive oil and fresh lemon juice), no (heaven forbid!) margarine or other fats except for the amount I listed above, and that's about it.

Walkonby, I believe, is the same since we're on the same WW diet.

Hope that helps. It's not complicated: cut the calories, lose the fat.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Mar 12th, 2016 at 06:11 PM.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

1000 calories a day
    High Protein
    Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Tara, there is no reason to eat protein before your veggies. I think he just wants to make sure they actually GET their protein in before they binge on vegetables.

Here's what I eat:

Approx 800-1000 calories per day
    Vegetables
    One serving of fruit (usually a large bowl of cut up strawberries with sweetener, maybe a dollop of lite Cool Whip on it, doesn't hurt my diet or one of those little servings of fruit yogurt mixed into it)
    Vegetables
    One serving of bread (either one slice of regular bread or 2 slices of WeightWatchers bread)
    1 tsp of butter or olive oil maybe once or twice a week.

I eat NO: potatoes, rice, pasta, beans, corn, salad dressings (if I had a salad, which my body won't tolerate too much, it would be with a little olive oil and fresh lemon juice), no (heaven forbid!) margarine or other fats except for the amount I listed above, and that's about it.

Walkonby, I believe, is the same since we're on the same WW diet.

Hope that helps. It's not complicated: cut the calories, lose the fat.
    This is much easier to do than you think Tara. ( I have watched parts of a couple of episodes of that show ( My 600 lb life ) and just cringed imagining being that large. I agree with the info and foods suggested, but protein before veggies? I cannot see what difference that would make?
    You know when BOTH Lynn and I had lost weight ( 50 lbs!! ) in the past it was done without ONE lick of exercise. It was ALL in what and how much we ate and we never felt hungry with those plans. I swear! I did nothing except go to work, and then whatever my household responsibilities awaited me after.
    But there was no gym , jogging, swimming, nothing. The weight came off exactly 2 lbs a week and I consider myself very fortunate that plateauing was never an issue for me.
    Since retiring over 2 years ago however, and lazing about/eating badly, well...... the weight came back but this time I decided to give WW a try.
    ( since I approved of the way they revamped their programme and now gave big penalties for indulging in saturated fats and sugars )

My rule of thumb is " clean eating is just clean eating " period. No tricks. ALL the tempting items that give us temporary satisfaction ( sweets, bakery items, simple carbs do the worst damage to us by spiking the blood sugar level ( as Lynn and you both mentioned, those starchy things like rice, pasta, spuds and most " white stuff " )

Only you know whether or not you can take this financial step forward and if that is the way for you to get 'er done then I am with you!!
    Even after the first week of joining me with clean eating my DD said today how great her tummy felt, the results are almost immediate and THAT is the real proof and incentive that anyone should need to make some changes in their health. Best of luck Tara!!
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Mar 11th, 2016 at 02:29 PM. Reason: spelling
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

TaraF and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just read this interesting article on weight loss and thought I would share it.
    http://globalnews.ca/news/2572885/fa...rks-long-term/
    ROMEO, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Well the good news is that my husband said no matter what I want to do if I think it will help me than he is 100% behind it. He said he just wants me to be successful. He said he'll leave the financials up to me and "if we can swing it, it's yours". I got the support, so that's good.

I gotta tell you guys to be VERY careful of what exercise equipment you are buying for home use. Read the packaging carefully. We purchased dumb bells and the A rack to set it up and we went to it last night. O-M-G. We had to wear masks to set it up because the chemical smell was so strong. We set the rack on the balcony to air out today and shut the room where we put it together because it was so nasty. So I pick up the wrist bands I purchased to keep my wrists safe while using the dumbbells, and there is a tag that reads: Caution: This product may contain a few chemicals that can cause cancer, birth defects and (I forget the last one). So I run to the A rack box and sure enough I missed a tag there that read the same thing. I told him forget it. The way that smelled today, with that warning, it went back today. Dumbbells/wrist band included. No way.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

woot woot! Tara!! All systems go for your PT!! Oh and wow oh wow about those dumbbells! So glad you returned them.
    I was pleased as punch to see 2 more pounds gone when I stepped on my scale on Saturday!! To date it is 28.7 lbs!! ...... BUT can the week ever seem slow at times.
    Hoping everyone is having a nice Sunday evening. I am a wee bit tipsy now from my celebratory glass of red wine with dinner earlier.

Good luck all!!
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!

WALKONBY!!! You are totally AWESOME!!! Good for you!!!

After that loss on Friday I'm not expecting another miracle this week, but I'm sticking to my healthier eating, juicing in the mornings (oh, how did I ever forget how wonderful that was years ago?!), and then a nice lunch and dinner. It makes it so easy with DH on this too, since he does most of the cooking. I try to take over meals, but there he is, beside me, doing stuff...lol...creature of habit, I guess. Although with this back I can't stand up too long anyway..why oh why did I do this to myself?!!

Walks, just a wee thing I found out that may be useful for you, or you probably know about it already:
    I put a doggie bag into the pulp container and hook the handle part over the part that sticks out...I think we have about the same Breville unit?...and no mess, no cleaning, just toss the baggie! Just fyi...The rest is quite enough to clean anyway!! Sheesh!!
    walkonby and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yup! ^^ I also line my bucket on the Breville Juicer, makes the clean up that much easier doesn't it? However, when I am making up enough to fill two large pitchers I must empty that liner at least 2 times and then on the 3rd time it reaches the top it gets tossed bag and all into the food waste bucket .
    Lynn49 and Davetherave like this.

Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread Information