User Tag List

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2072Likes

Thread: March 2016 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    I have declared it a snow day here, bus are cancelled but I took one look outside this morning and thought I am never going to get my car out so I did not try. Normally about 6 of us in the complex leave between 6 & 6:30 so far no one person has left. The good news is I can work from home, I brought home a ton of work with me last night to work on so I have more then enough to keep me busy all day. So work will still get done.

Took a quick look at the flyers posted and do not see much for us next week. I will take a closer look later in the week when the flyers are on the app I use to price match but hoping this week will be a light grocery week, maybe just a trip to Costco instead of grocery shopping.

Well better get back to my reports. Have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Yep totally made the right choice to stay home. I have seen 3 people get stuck trying to leave, one got themselves out, one gave up and one is out there try to dig his way out of parking lot. I am staying put until they plow

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Yep totally made the right choice to stay home. I have seen 3 people get stuck trying to leave, one got themselves out, one gave up and one is out there try to dig his way out of parking lot. I am staying put until they plow
    I watched my neighbour get stuck on our street this morning. I have an SUV and was going to try but first I had to gun it out of driveway because my honey had to work early so won't blow the driveway till tonight. But after checking out the depth of snow I decided I better not so I walked to work! Roads were quiet for sure!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hubby off today school buses not running just finished shovelling and he used snowblower (we paid neighbour $300 years ago to use it have been here 18 years so worth it)

-got my energy back but only stayed up til 9.10 last night couldn't keep my eyes awake -ashlyn wore me out yesterday
    -she is going thru a funny stag -I still down on her little chair to colour or paint etc-no sit here-then I sit in her spot and she wants me back in the orginal spot -can drive anyone up the wall -but I just laugh and say what do you want ??
    -took her out for all of 10 minutes before the storm in afternoon too windy for her and our faces were cold -so 10 minutes of fresh air -lol
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Mar 2nd, 2016 at 12:45 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    hubby off today school busses not running just finished shovelling and he used snowblower (we paid neighbour $300 years ago to use it have been here 18 years so worth it)

-got my energy back but only stayed up til 9.10 last night couldn't keep my eyes awake -ashlyn wore me out yesterday
    -she is going thru a funny stag -I still down on her little chair to colour or paint etc-no sit here-then I sit in her spot and she wants me back in the orginal spot -can drive anyone up the wall -but I just laugh and say what do you want ??
    -took her out for all of 10 minutes before the storm in afternoon too windy for her and our faces were cold -so 10 minutes of fresh air -lol

oh I love the way ashlyn is directing you where to sit....ha ha , so cute. You do have wonderful patience with her though it seems, as you say it could drive you up a wall at times.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Everyone was emailing me if I got out to the road I would be good but there was no way I was getting to the road. They finally showed up around 11 am and 2 guys from the complex where out there helping all the ladies get their cars out so our spots could be plowed.

As usually a bunch of people opted not to move there cars and let's just say don't think they are getting out anytime soon they are now plowed in. Oh well should have been out there with the rest of us. There were about 5 or so of us out there and got everyone out quickly and moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I watched my neighbour get stuck on our street this morning. I have an SUV and was going to try but first I had to gun it out of driveway because my honey had to work early so won't blow the driveway till tonight. But after checking out the depth of snow I decided I better not so I walked to work! Roads were quiet for sure!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just made banana bread in my new loaf pan (betty crocker 3.00 dollarama and its the bigger one)turned out just lovely now to freeze a few pieces for unexpected company

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Crochetlady take care and hope you can find somethings to eat that don't hurt too much
    @Andit great news about Lily, I feel badly that the poor girl had to share her burger (haha)
    @lilo0003 have a great time on your March break vacation
    @Frugalbigmama great score on the pork/beef blend
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Everyone was emailing me if I got out to the road I would be good but there was no way I was getting to the road. They finally showed up around 11 am and 2 guys from the complex where out there helping all the ladies get their cars out so our spots could be plowed.

As usually a bunch of people opted not to move there cars and let's just say don't think they are getting out anytime soon they are now plowed in. Oh well should have been out there with the rest of us. There were about 5 or so of us out there and got everyone out quickly and moved.
    Yeah that sucks for them!! Lol. I had my co-worker drop me off at home at lunch and DS helped me make a path just to get out. Once I pulled out my neighbour came over with his snowblower lol. Told him it was ok and would be done tonight and I was out now lol

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Snow day here, lunch was burgers and supper is chicken or maybe leftover burgers....we are all sick except Logan with an awful cold...sigh.

I've left a message for my folks to call as I want to let them know that 3 of us are sick because they were invited over for Logan's 13th birthday tomorrow BUT since my mom has heart problems she generally avoids situations when possible if people are sick.

Our snowblower has been at the repair shop for over a week, I called this am and they are still waiting on the part so dh said he should be able to get out of the driveway tomorrow, however, that doesn't solve my concerns with Puralator showing up tomorrow....grr.

Wishing everyone a wonderful afternoon & evening.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@jasperandchar hope you all feel better soon and that the colds don`t hang on.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Nancy hope the cods pass thru the house quickly.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I admit I might be laughing a little bit at some of the people who did not come out as they have since gone out and are not happy to see their cars plowed in.

In all fairness 2 of the guys went to the door of everyone's who car was still in the parking lot and they decided not to come out.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The 3lb bag of oranges on sale for $1.97 at Food Basics. Kids loved them. So stopped on my way home and grabbed 3 bags. Bought lettuce too for .97 and came home and made tacos (meat was cooked and ready in the freezer). Everything is ready in containers for kids when 1 comes in from playing in the snow and the other at work. Now clean the kitchen and set dishwasher for after 7pm. Then get the laundry organized and put on at 7 and put away the dry stuff. Then cuddle on the couch and watch Survivor

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Hope everyone enjoyed their day.

Things are improving with Lily dog (she is still wobbly, but can even manage stairs now). She still isn't up to playing, and insists on eating only the good stuff, but after the scare she gave me, she can have anything her little heart desires.

My Mom is slowly getting better. She's still tired, but keeps trying to overdo it (I now know where I get my stubborn streak from ).

On a sad note, my aunt passed away. She had just turned 87 last week. This is a lady who drank a small tumbler-full of vodka every morning before breakfast and smoked a pack of cigarettes each day since she was a teen, yet she had never been sick a day in her life. Well, almost never. She slowed down after she broke her ankle a few years back and had to stop wearing heels. Didn't stop her from living in a third floor walk-up in downtown Budapest tho and keeping herself very busy. She was one spunky lady.

Better check on the brats.

Night all.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information