User Tag List

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2072Likes

Thread: March 2016 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    My mom isn't capable of cooking for a group any longer. She does make sure to have beverages and dessert which is great. But the rest of the food has to be brought in by the rest of us.
    It's hard because if you're like me I would worry that there wouldn't be enough food, however, you said they do bring something.

So I would give them the date, time etc and say potluck and you're bringing xxxx and leave it at that.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Hi all. I think I went mia for abit! Went to visit my family, meet my new nephew (he's fabulous). Did some shopping. We got a steam cleaner and a soda stream (I am hoping the latter helps me to stop buying as much pop in the 510ml bottles)

Got home...found out bfs mtg insurance rejected him and voided his policy for reasons we understand but find frustrating as if people used the info provided 12months ago we wouldn't have even tried to implement it. Soooo frustrating at least he's back to work as of this week now.

After getting home and getting scooter back from the ex and our boys...we found out he came home with (I'm getting itchy just thinking it) LICE. LUCKILY we noticed the day he came home and treated it and our house fast so dragon didn't get it too.

Today is my day off so making homemade pizza and watching old movies.

Last weekend I started 9 cauliflower 4 cucumbers and 6 tomatoes. I also started 7 bleeding hearts. 3 we will sell.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Welcome back
    saundyl, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

momof5boys-yes I would say potluck you are bringing this -like jasper said -and that way you have the list of what everyone is bringing

-up early 5.30 -went to be at 9.30-and just ordered old navy on-line 2 tops for me (one top was 30% off too with a code),swimsuit for hubby 9.97 reg 19.97 half off today and I got a coverup half off 17.50 -mine is like 30 years old and falling apart and a tank for ashlyn to take it to 52.00-so I get free shipping -have never ordered clothing for me online before and all the comments say old navy ladies is large so order down a size so I did -mind you I bought a long sleeve red top last jan in old navy store and I bought extra large and its a bit big so I could have went smaller
    -I told hubby it feels good to order a few new clothing pieces -ladies some of my t-shirts have tiny holes in them so I wear them to bed
    -well gotta go have a cup of tea going to Toronto to have brunch with daughter/hubby

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Hi everyone.
    The writ was dropped on Tuesday, so the campaign is officially on. Needless to say, I'm very busy. We went out to an event on Thursday evening and have another one tonight. We have babysitters for both of these events. I'm very involved with the campaign, so I won't be posting very much.

My one set of grandparents live in Rosetown, 5hrs away. They were originally going to come for a visit in February, but instead will be arriving on Monday. I helped them pick out a local hotel. Grandma keeps a super clean house, so I have some house cleaning to do this weekend in order to help make the visit more comfortable for everyone. I should also make some treats. They are coming to see their great-grandchildren. My brother lives in town and a cousin lives 1hr away. The last time they traveled down was when my oldest was 5wks old. Our oldest was named after this grandpa. Our twins were born on his 82nd birthday, last July. My grandparents haven't met my twins yet, but I have sent them pictures.

Mia's for our twins, baby girl figured out how to get up on all fours and get rocking. She had already figured out how to sit herself up when she wanted to. She cut 2 teeth last week. Baby boy is really good at crawling and will explore down the hallway or into the kitchen if the baby gates aren't closed. This week he pulled himself up to standing at the couch and then took 2 steps. Big brother was 8 months old when he was doing the same things that twin brother has been doing at 7 months. We don't encourage our children to walk at a young age because some children end up with permanent bone and joint damage due to walking at too young of an age. That being said, my oldest was walking at 10.5 months of age.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Was up just after 4 am this morning and was not impressed with this. I have been dragging all week and forcing myself to get up for work and finally my day off and I am up before I normally get up for work, oh well.

This morning I baked a Ginger Ale quick bread which I will serve at Coffee Time at the next manager's meeting in a few weeks. I am hoping to slowly fill the freezer so each month I can just decide what I want to take and defrost.

I am also working on a crochet dish towel, I have been so focused on work I haven't been crocheting and I need to regain my me time. So I have been picking simple projects I can work on here and there. It is nice to find something relaxing as these last few weeks have been anything but at work.

Not sure what else is going to happen today yet. I am kind of temped to have a do nothing day, I have spent the last few weekends working so it would be nice to have a break but we will have to see what happens. Right now even though I have been out of bed since just after I feel like I cannot get going this morning, I was hoping baking the bread would get me moving but so far not so much.

Have a great day everyone.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sill feeling under the weather-had to miss my daughters band concert last night but at least I was able to pass my ticket onto my daughters friend's Dad who was recently laid off. Scrumptious food I hear and at least my husband was able to go and hear the band play-I went last year. Still just laying low until I feel better-I think there is a lot going around.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Spent a bit of early morning time sending an email to my out of town kids and now better get busy preparing for the onslaught of young people tomorrow. Thinking of making chicken soup and hamburgers - never know how many show up for dinner Sunday nights so may as well be prepared for a crowd

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you feel better Lizzie

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My goal for today is one grocery bag full of garbage from each floor. So far I have 2 from upstairs,, 1 from the basement and now to tackle the main floor.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

take care lizzie
    -I am feeling way better -went and had lunch with daughter/hubby -we had a nice breakfast place in toronto "lady marmalade"and we waited outside such a beautifull day -hubby and I had cinnamon /raisin bread pudding with fresh fruit beside it -yummmm then went back for a tea
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Hi everyone.
    The writ was dropped on Tuesday, so the campaign is officially on. Needless to say, I'm very busy. We went out to an event on Thursday evening and have another one tonight. We have babysitters for both of these events. I'm very involved with the campaign, so I won't be posting very much.

My one set of grandparents live in Rosetown, 5hrs away. They were originally going to come for a visit in February, but instead will be arriving on Monday. I helped them pick out a local hotel. Grandma keeps a super clean house, so I have some house cleaning to do this weekend in order to help make the visit more comfortable for everyone. I should also make some treats. They are coming to see their great-grandchildren. My brother lives in town and a cousin lives 1hr away. The last time they traveled down was when my oldest was 5wks old. Our oldest was named after this grandpa. Our twins were born on his 82nd birthday, last July. My grandparents haven't met my twins yet, but I have sent them pictures.

Mia's for our twins, baby girl figured out how to get up on all fours and get rocking. She had already figured out how to sit herself up when she wanted to. She cut 2 teeth last week. Baby boy is really good at crawling and will explore down the hallway or into the kitchen if the baby gates aren't closed. This week he pulled himself up to standing at the couch and then took 2 steps. Big brother was 8 months old when he was doing the same things that twin brother has been doing at 7 months. We don't encourage our children to walk at a young age because some children end up with permanent bone and joint damage due to walking at too young of an age. That being said, my oldest was walking at 10.5 months of age.
    So nice to keep up with the progress of your children, they seem to be doing so very well!

It's amazing that your children get to meet their great-grandparents, so wonderful. I barely knew my grandparents.

And I just read about your husband being removed from running for the NDP in the provincial election; so very sorry, I know you two must be very disappointed.

@lizzie bargain - hoping you will feel better soon!
    @Crochetlady - very concerned about you and your health! Any positive changes?

Our son came over last night and did some tinkering with stuff on the computer - so it works better (at times), but it's just not all there. He may do some more to it tomorrow.

So, I'm reading that people have March break this upcoming week - is that just an Ontario thing?
    Here, schools get a bit of a break towards the end of February, when there is a teachers' convention. The big spring break we call Easter break, because it's the week after Easter.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I think I did pretty well, I ended up with two grocery bags of garbage from upstairs, 5 out of the basement and a medium size garbage bag off the main floor. All of these bags were full of things that have been sitting around with no use to us and isn't anything I can sell which seems to be the reason there has been hesitation to get rid of these items so I got rid of them.

Also I am pretty impressed we noticed a product at Costco Mom wanted to try but due to the Costco size boxes we opted not to buy in case we did not like. Well I contacted the company and was sent 3 samples, plus a free product coupon. I am pretty impressed now we will have to see if Mom likes the product.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Had a pretty frugal day.
    Cashed in airmiles, and got 30.00 off for steak for the first bbq of he season
    DH brought back all the beer cans we collected on our walks in our neighbourhood all winter long, enough so that all we needed to pay was 4.00 for a 6 pkg of settla beer.

burned all the twigs in the backyard, and cleaned up the fire pit area... had the dogs out, ran them .
    worked on the compost pile a bit....
    watching Netflix, after a really, really good meal.

spring bliss
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh and when I was in toronto-bought in a corner store fresh blueberries in a large cardboard pint 2.50 and 4 vine tomatoes for 3.00 love their corner store prices or Chinese corner food markets

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Lunch today i took a can of chicken noodle soup added mushrooms and the juice..sone water and leftover 3 sausages with some sauce were cut up and added. Tastes pretty yum.

Tonight we will be using up left over rice and leftover potatoes with some chickenbreast i bought yesterday. I got a little over exhubrant with my sides the past couple days.

I went to the thrift store yesterday and got a new to me purse and two pairs of ladies flannel pj's to use for quilting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information