User Tag List

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2072Likes

Thread: March 2016 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Still in PJs, eating leftover lasagne. Going to watch some "TV" and fold laundry. DH can put out the children's fires this morning. I always feel a little guilty when I am not watching them, but I have cooked and cleaned all weekend. And well, the rest of them have eaten and made messes! If shutting the door to watch some adult TV while I fold laundry is my delight, I will try not to feel too bad.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Still in PJs, eating leftover lasagne. Going to watch some "TV" and fold laundry. DH can put out the children's fires this morning. I always feel a little guilty when I am not watching them, but I have cooked and cleaned all weekend. And well, the rest of them have eaten and made messes! If shutting the door to watch some adult TV while I fold laundry is my delight, I will try not to feel too bad.
    Enjoy!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Popped into No Frills to see what deals were to be had. Reduced salt Maple Leaf bacon on for $1.50 (expires March 30th) Had $2.50 off coupons. Took full value off so reduced my groceries even more. I will be popping in more often for sure!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yeah was out the door at 8.15 today went to talize (50%)with my sister-in-law spent 32.77 got 8 tops 2 for hubby and 6 for me and a dog puzzle -gave one shirt to hubby's brother as it didn't fit him -then came back and had a nice lunch her and I

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Can't wait to get home and finish the diningroom. My man put the curtains in the wash this afternoon so we just have to put the rods back up and then hang the curtains. Will give the floor a nice wash last! Then putting yellow tape across the door so no one can enter
    My man is making meatloaf with mashed potatoes for dinner (with veggies and a special sauce he makes for the meatloaf) I am so hungry!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Took me 3 hours to fold and put away the laundry...I wasn't rushing...

I only watched two programs: an episode of Grey's Anatomy and the episode of Daredevil I fell asleep watching last night.

Watching Mulan with the kids right now. It has been a relaxing day.
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I discovered the hard way today that I couldn't get my bloodwork done...by showing up at the hospital with all 3 kids. *sigh* I'll try again tomorrow morning.

Twin in boy did not want to be out of my arms this afternoon and he refused to take a nap. Baby girl and big brother took a nap at the same time. Twin boy is currently down for a nap. The twins have a cold and it might have spread to the rest of us. Mostly a sinus issue.

WM wouldn't let me return a big box of size 2 diapers with receipt because it had been over 90 days dince purchased. I posted the big box of Pampers and a jumbo box of Huggies diapers up for sale on a local Facebook garage sale page. The box was already purchased by an acquaintance, I didn't lose any money on it. Another person is supposed to pick up the Huggies in the next two days when she comes into town, or else I'll sell it to the next person in line. Not losing money on this package either. Good enough for me.

Sounds like baby baby boy is done his nap after 40min. Have to run.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Crochetlady : I'm so glad you're feeling better every day. I hope the trend keeps up!
    @Granger : I've also been feeling a bit out of sorts with DH's family. This week, she spent hours playing with a cousin who had absolutely no discipline growing up with her absent parents. It wasn't her fault of course, but I dreaded all that LO was taking in about what was allowed behaviour and what was completely inappropriate.

DH's family and my family are so different. They completely boggle me. How is teaching a baby four letter words at 18 months an accomplishment? I'm fairly sure there are some members who I've never met sober in nearly a decade of seeing them. Honestly, most times, I just can't wait to get out of there and I wish it wasn't like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    WM wouldn't let me return a big box of size 2 diapers with receipt because it had been over 90 days dince purchased. I posted the big box of Pampers and a jumbo box of Huggies diapers up for sale on a local Facebook garage sale page. The box was already purchased by an acquaintance, I didn't lose any money on it. Another person is supposed to pick up the Huggies in the next two days when she comes into town, or else I'll sell it to the next person in line. Not losing money on this package either. Good enough for me.
    @Angela273 : I tried to exchange an item at WM tonight but was only offered a refund because there was a price difference (it was a week ago). However, I've forgotten the receipt before and they were just fine doing an exchange or store credit. Strange, I know. It seems like they're so forgiving if they stock the item, but are restrictive if you actually have the receipt.

What a night! I had to run to WM for a bottle of Buckley's (again!). More sleepless nights with all this coughing. The cashier was really trying to push the WM MC on me. She kept asking me where my WM card was. How did I know that my rate was better? How did I get cash back? How much did I have to spend to get cash back? What form did the cash back take? How much does the card cost? How much did I spend per month on it? What did I spend on food? Are there limits? And the questions kept coming....some of them strangely personal about my finances.

I felt a little harassed and I was really trying to hold back coughing fits. Didn't she see my value size bottle of Buckleys? I was sure the machine was going to time out on me.

Maybe it was my brain fog, but I haven't a clue what she was trying to get at by asking me how much I had to spend to get cash back. Was she asking indirectly if I carried a balance? I'm still confused.

Big financial news still coming by the end of the week, I hope!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ugh. I am so sick, horrible sinus pressure and congestion. Mouth breathing is uncomfortable and making my throat more sore. I was up with baby boy at 4am and haven't really been able to sleep since. I am currently up with baby girl. Since I am nursing there is virtually nothing that I can take to help, just a little Tylenol. Even if I wasn't nursing, most meds have blood thinning side effects, so I couldn't take them while on my current blood thinner.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Mar 29th, 2016 at 09:43 AM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning all
    -granger and sweet sparrow I can relate -my family and hubby's family were so different -mine was full of love from my mom we had so much growing up -maybe cause my mom raised us as teens without a husband (my dad passed away at 49 when I was 15 brother 12 )such great values she taught us
    -while hubby's family he has a fair amount of siblings and we are only close to one brother and sister-in-law of his and his youngest sister he cares about
    -when i first hugged my mother-in-law it was like hugging a tree-lol-she didn't like my daughter from the day she was 2 and spoke a lot -infact she gave my son a t-shirt when he was 3 and daughter was 5 and nothing for her -whooo does that !I wanted to say something then but hubby said let it go -well guess who never let the feelings go my daughter all thru her life she never had much love for her grandmother sad isn't it -yet my daughter adored my mother to the extreme -infact when my daughter didn't like our rules age 15-16 she left our house once and walked miles to my mom's apt and stayed there for a few days -yes she wasn't the greatest daughter at age 15-16 and a half but who cares ladies she is a lovely very mature adult now whom I am so proud of and about to be a mother in sept (well educated well rounded ,funny outspoken like my mom was ( I am not as out spoken as my daughter -lol)
    -so I feel for you both (when my mother in-law passed I went to work that day -people wondered-I only felt bad for my hubby for the mother he never had -yet my hubby is the best dad in the world would do anything for our grown kids and our grandchildren and he) is a great hubby 36 years here married)
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Mar 29th, 2016 at 08:16 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Go get your samples, there are some good ones! It's just opened!

https://www.samplesource.com/

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Angela...feel better. When I was ill last week it was awful. I survived on my Netti Pot. It is natural and I find it makes a huge difference.

We had a good visit with DH's family! I enjoyed myself. Everyone was really relaxed which is nice. We all have our little idiosyncrasies and it seems when we let them go we have a nicer time (e.g. one mom is all about the natural, but to the point where I feel condemned for liking bleach for cleaning or using regular baby wipes).
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! We have sunshine!!! Have to pop out of work today- DS is in a hockey tournament today so I need to help cheer the team on!
    Tonight- I shall start the laundry. Will clean out the fridge and plan the meals for the next few days. Thinking bacon and eggs for dinner (since we have so much bacon and since both kids love that) Will make up a Tupperware container with bacon and scrambled eggs for my oldest since he works tonight.
    Diningroom looks wonderful! Thinking I will take a huge box and empty the hutch stuff into the box and then start fresh. So much junk in there (mostly stuff to sell that has been stuffed in the cupboards) Will go through the box tonight while watching tv/folding laundry
    Hope everyone has a frugal Tuesday

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Go get your samples, there are some good ones! It's just opened!

https://www.samplesource.com/
    Thanks. I got 13 samples, then the website had a problem and I wasn't able to finish my order. I've tried again, but I think the website might be down.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information