User Tag List

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree1797Likes

Thread: July 2016 Frugal Chatter - all welcome

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-angela so glad your sister-in-law is home now and on her way to getting better
    -well son dropped in this morning just as I was gonna go out -but I stayed then hubby dropped him off at the car shop to pick up his wife's car
    -shopped this afternoon -saved 8.25 from being a senior today at homeoutfitters and sweet sparrow they had a lot of sheets I bought one queen fitted single sheet for 11.99 reg 29.99 as my fitted sheet is getting very thin almost has a frayed hole so instead of buying new sheets I bought the one -I got pillow 9.00 reg 30.00 serta ones -and a mat for the front porch that says "home " on it came to 52.80 after discount -50.00 giftcard from the bay I have had for years -I paid 2.80 -yipeeee
    -then went into sears got a orange top 9.99 for me
    and childrens place got baby boy to be sleeper 9.60 and sock bogo for them so 6.71 for 2 sets of 3 pairs and ashlyn I pair of black sunglasses with tiny fake rhinestone 1.99 and baby boy to be -a cool pair of blue baby sunglasses size 0-age 1-$1.99

-so tired I didn't want to go into a grocery store and get my free dora snacks after you buy the granola bars -oh well I am more interested in the cereal cpn as my cereal stockpile has gone down to 1 box -lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok, back from the resale shop. I am not selling to them in the future.... life is full of choices. and Honestly... the manager / owner... must have been having a rough day . however, American eagle jeans, almost brand new are worth more then 4.00...... seriously.... I will be interested to see when they are open what they sell stuff for. I will be sticking to the buy and sell spots on FB for that stuff.

ok, good stuff. played a bit inmy garden. will finish off a bunch tomorrow.
    laundry got done.
    supper is homemade egg mc muffins,and potatoe patties. veggies and dip.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Seems like a quiet day in here.

Angela, thrilled to hear the news about your sister-in-law.

The wedding count down is on. My sister is having some problems with the friends hosting the rehearsal dinner. I feel bad for the unneeded stress placed upon her. The short version: they know she is a control freak and decided to toy with her. They also gave her a shopping list (not toying with her) and this was supposed to be their gift to her. Sometimes I feel like my younger sister has no clue about the demands of my life with three really little kids...but, I have no clue about her life, at times, either. No person deserves how she was treated.

I have to finish the following before posting more sale ads...it will probably be after the wedding: clean and wash van for wedding, write speech and finish my scrapbook up to my goal point. I have a bunch of treasures from the last time we went garage saling awaiting my sorting!

I am watching Suits on Netflixs and enjoying very much.
    Last edited by Granger; Fri, Jul 15th, 2016 at 08:18 PM.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela273 great news about your sil being sent home, still a road to recovery but much less stressful I am sure for all

Watching brothers vs. brothers, love that show and the great design details.

I have come down with the flu, who would have thought you could get a flu in July....ugh...I'm achy and got a rotten cold/cough

Dh went to Costco today to fill 4 propane tanks for the cottage, so we shouldn't run out completely as we will have backups . I also got him to pickup milk x3, a whole cooked chicken for $7.99 you can't buy and cook a chicken for that price (I didn't feel up to cooking today), small water bottles (40) for under $3.00 great price.

Wishing everyone a great evening and weekend.

And can someone clarify is the postal strike on or off, I noticed people are still trading so I don't know what to think, thanks
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

granger hubby and I love the series suits -this last season was awesome
    -well babysit ashlyn on sat at 10.00 a.m as son and his wife are helping move her sister/hubby into their house -so we are taking ashlyn to visit hubby's niece with her 2 small boys 6 and 8 -ashlyn will have fun
    -my hubby's birthday is sat he will be 57 -wow

-may pop over to shoppers early as I need toilet paper and it 's 3.99 on sat in Ontario -limit 4 plus a few other deals
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good evening everyone!!! It is rainy with thunderstorm in here.That cool down the heat of the past few days.I did my trade list on my Facebook french couponning group,will see the results.Received finally my Yves Rocher parcel this morning.Planning to do my shopping grocery list but I dont see many deals this week Got a few deals today!!! Wishing everyone a good evening and night!!!
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I dont think i want to trade on my Facebook french couponning group...people want more that what they offer and they are not clear at all ....... I hate that
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Good morning all .

getting all my pointy stuff done
    I may go to SDM... prob not.
    I worked in my herb garden a bunch this am. I harvested a bunch of oregano to dry . I am hoping not to buy any herbs this winter.

I am going to list a few more things for sale.

work on the rest of my garden area . I may get a few bags of soil to cover the last area. next weekend I am getting some mulch, to make the garden s pop.

simple bbq for supper tonight. and that is all
    Angela273, Ciel, cally and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We went to the park yesterday and learned that all of the play structures that have the ground rubber underneath are still deep under water. Dh bought a sump pump this week, so hey decided to pump out the park this morning. He took our oldest son with him.

We got our official insurance denial letter yesterday, so I already added it to our PDAP claim application. PDAP is hoping to get back to us in 3wks time. PDAP only covers the essentials.

edit: Dh spent 1hr pumping out the water in the park and it only went down 6". It is still about 2' deep.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jul 16th, 2016 at 02:35 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have a question regarding trading,Do you exchange the same value of coupons,fpc's with fpc's or fpc's are same value of coupons?Thank you
    Giseledta, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    We went to the park yesterday and learned that all of the play structures that have the ground rubber underneath are still deep under water. Dh bought a sump pump this week, so hey decided to pump out the park this morning. He took our oldest son with him.

We got our official insurance denial letter yesterday, so I already added it to our PDAP claim application. PDAP is hoping to get back to us in 3wks time. PDAP only covers the essentials.
    What a bummer - insurance knows how to take your money but keeps a tight fist when people apply for help.

A friend dropped off 7 pounds of blueberries last night - she was bombarded with blueberries No problem, I'll take free food. Just baked a blueberry coffee cake and will now make a apple blueberry pie for the usual crowd of boys that descend upon us Sundays after church. I'll freeze the rest of the blueberries that don't get eaten. Glad I didn't buy extra fruit yesterday!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Although I bake a lot, I don't tend to bake breads or cakes. I am looking for a good recipe for vanilla cupcakes and icing, probably buttercream. I want to practice baking cupcakes for our twins' 1st birthday at the end of the month. Any suggestions? I'm going to do 1/2 pink and 1/2 with blue icing. Dh laughed when I told him that we will sing them each happy birthday, even though they won't remember.
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Had a pretty good day here which nice, it was productive which is a challenge lately.

I washed all of the bedding, freshened all the mattresses and re made the beds. Emptied and reloaded the dishwasher. I also sorted through a basket of clothing that has been living in front of my closet. My biggest issue was I knew I did not have money for new clothes and was worried if I got rid of them I would not enough work clothing. I did decide to keep a few but most will posted for sale.

I have finished all of my current crochet sheep orders, there will be 1 more for 3 sheep to come but she doesn't want them until later in the year. I know have orders for Cows, a Moose and a Beaver.

I am really struggling to get things done at home right now as I am just never home. Last week I spent Monday to Wednesday up North (bonus was got to see my cousin's little girl who is a complete sweetheart, her 2 sayings are Okay or No Way). I came home slept at home Wednesday night and then Thursday was off to the West for the day to work with a new sales rep. This week isn't much better, Monday I am working with some of our production staff and sitting down with our controller for my employee performance review (I seriously dislike these), then Tuesday I am off again for the rest of the week to hopefully move a new hire into phase 2.

Because of this I also cannot find time to spend money, I am so tired I just do not have the ambition to even enter a store when I am driving right by. Because of this I have paid off Mom's brakes, in turn Mom has been buying groceries, luckily she has been getting Full Time hours lately as people in her department are on vacation or loaned to other stores to cover vacations which is good.

With that being said we are currently out of so much I am going to have to see what I can allot out of my next pay to do some shopping. Meals are getting interesting, we have meat which is good but no sides.

Off to work on my blog, took a ton of photos yesterday so time to do the writes up. Have a wonderful evening everyone.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Took my kids to a free movie night in the park last night. They saw Anna and Elsa, did a jumpy castle, watched a magic show (DD2 was chosen as a helper), had popcorn and water while watching the movie (Inside Out). We lasted 30 minute into the movie with the three littles. The baby needed to be walked (to sleep) and my hubby was at home feeling under the weather, so we left early. I will let them finish the movie tonight. It is on Netflix and they haven't seen it.

It was put on by a local Real Estate team and the local food bank. We donated a bunch of gluten free food. In that light it wasn't actually free, but it felt like it and the donation made us feel good.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well watched ashlyn all day yesterday as my son his wife helped her sister/hubby move into their first home-we took ashlyn to my hubby's niece house out in stoney creek -they have a pool so hubby enjoyed the pool but alas ashlyn wanted no part of the "deep water pool"we stayed from 11.00 til 2.00 then walking to the car to leave she was so tired and cranky but that's okay -my niece's hubby said "what a handfull she will be in a few years don't give in to her "and they have 2 boys age 6 and 8 -I was a little peaved at what he said as ashlyn clearly was wiped from playing in their small playground centre in their yard-she wanted to carry her small backpack to the car so I lt her all she said was "no nana I want to carry it" -well put her down for a nap from 2.45 til 4.30 -off to shoppers i went - I felt like you young mommy's so much on the go -did 2 loads of laundry for son -hubby got little cesars pizza for us -home at 8.30

today off this morning to a brunch with my grown kids and ashlyn to celebrate their dad's birthday was yesterday -ashlyn had me sing happy birthday to papa about 4 times in the car yesterday -she kept saying "again nana"-I love being busy with the family -I did get a compliment yesterday my nieces youngest who is 6 said I know ashlyn's papa is my papa's brother but who are you -my niece said must be because you don't look like a granny or a nana -no wrinkles you look younger than your years -so that made my day

-went out for brunch it was awesome -cost 15.99 each all you can eat -plus I had a spend 30.00 save 10.00 cpn for hubby and I -I made half a waffle didn't want to overeat -had scrambled eggs, the best homemade beans ever,bone in ham slices -just a lovely get together with the kids and ashlyn was so well behave for waking up at 6.00 a.m this morning
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Jul 17th, 2016 at 02:25 PM.

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information