User Tag List

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree2563Likes

Thread: October 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread All Welcome!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@sweet sparrow the good news is the family member that used to give Mall Gift Cards no longer does so, so hopefully once these are spent I will be done with the mall.

Oh and I had to laugh some of the larger stores will take the Mall Gift Card but you have to exchange it for their store's gift card. Example being I found a $10 item at Sears but if I wanted to use my mall gift card they would have to transfer the full balance $25 to a Sear's Gift Card and then take payment for my $10 item then leaving me with $15 I can only spend at Sears.

Mom is going to call Sport Check today and see if they will take the gift cards as she needs new shoes and then she will buy the gift cards from me and get her new shoes.

Who knew shopping would be so much work.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning and Happy Monday! Tonight I am on my own for dinner. And I am going to pick up Chinese on my way home after the gym I am thinking!! Then I will do a few house chores since I won't have to cook/clean kitchen.
    Tons of laundry to do but thinking I will load up my vehicle tonight and to it all at the Laundromat tomorrow evening. Get it all done in one swoop!
    Tomorrow is garbage day and I have a list of things to grab to toss out. I missed putting the garbage out last week so it is going to be full. Will take down the metal closet track tonight to toss and get me one step closer to starting my entrance closet!
    Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Still in the midst of processing pears. Now making pear butter - on my second batch because the stuff is incredibly delicious and full of goodness...no sugar at all and oh so good!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We have success Sport Check will take the gift cards so Mom will go tomorrow before work to see if they have anything. Fingers crossed they do and that can be the end of the Mall Gift Cards.

From now on I am sticking to PC, Wal-Mart, Shopper's
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode where he questioned why people would give gift cards instead of cash?

We have so many gift cards that have not been used sitting in a tin at home. Most of them are for LO from her baby shower over three years ago! I haven't gotten rid of them because we've been using them up slowly, mostly to buy gifts for other people. I hope they're using them!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just posted a few more items on kijij,not doing much today as I know have a cold unreal how much sickness I have picked up in sept and oct
    -going thru old pictures -wow my mom took too many pictures of my kids some are blurred a bit so just ripping and tossing them
    -supper tonight lasagna

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Very productive bunch on here, catching up on laundry and other duties.

Wishing everyone a great evening
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I mentioned that twin baby boy ran quite a fever Sunday night. His fever broke at 8am, but it can back with a vengeance after supper. He nursed a couple of hours ago and then threw up big time. I'm hoping that will be the end of it, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd better get back to sleep because I have to get up at 6:30am.
    barbis9, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Sure hoping he's much better today!

Good morning!

Will have to do a bit of shopping this week, luckily nothing serious. Hopefully, will pick up some pork loin at 4.12/kg at Extra - other than that, just need some fresh veg and fruit, and a few canned staples.

Have a great day, everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    just posted a few more items on kijij,not doing much today as I know have a cold unreal how much sickness I have picked up in sept and oct
    -going thru old pictures -wow my mom took too many pictures of my kids some are blurred a bit so just ripping and tossing them
    -supper tonight lasagna
    Blame your little Ashlyn . Daycares are the worst for sickness and she is bringing it to you
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Beautiful day here today. 20 degrees out when I got in my car at 8:30am today already!

Had to run back home- Forgot my breakfast and lunch.

Wrote out my list at work of my "to do list". Hoping to get lots done on it so I am ready for whatever comes my way rest of the week.

Have a "to do list" started at home too. Will see what gets done tonight. Laundry is #1 on the list and that may do me in for the night.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Twin baby boy's fever broke by the time he got up at 7:30am. We'll see if it returns again tonight. I haven't slept more than 1.5hrs in a row in the last three days. Here's hoping tonight isn't so bad.

Tonight I will be handing in our gymnastics fundraiser. I don't know when I will be given back my $20 deposit. This is their first year with mandatory fundraisers.

I have my second load of laundry in the dryer right now. I'm going to bake some basic healthy banana oatmeal cookies this morning before walking to pick up our son from Pre-K. I cooked a beef barley veggie soup last night, which will be today's lunch, served with leftover sandwiches from yesterday's lunch. As soon as we get back from gymnastics tonight, Dh will head out to a long meeting which is being held at a fairly expensive restaurant in town. The kids and I will eat leftovers for supper. I still have a bunch of other stuff that I need to accomplish, hopefully I get it done today.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Oct 18th, 2016 at 02:38 PM. Reason: fixing autocorrect errors
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just popped over to pharmasave and micheals -got Crayola paints for ashlyn(xmas) large 3 row tray 5.99-40% off =3.59 those 40 and 50% off regular price coupons come in handy sometimes and I got a colouring book for 1.00
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Oct 18th, 2016 at 03:27 PM.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@coupon girl : Great deals on toys! I'll have to start looking, but I have neither the time or energy it seems.

My tummy is getting bigger and takes up space of it's own. I can no longer lean over to reach things because it usually means knocking something else over. Baby is moving and kicking more than ever at the upper and lower limits of my bump. Sometimes, I even think I feel it moving where my bump is close to my leg, but that doesn't seem possible.

I read in the Toronto Star today that people should not tell a pregnant woman that she looks large. Hear hear! I'm also jealous to read that in South Korea, they have pink seats on transit to reserve for pregnant women. Oh, that'd be lovely! At eight months, people are still not getting up for me! I'm trying to walk more to make sure the baby's head is pointing down.

LO surprised me the other day. She can spell her full name but she tried to write it out last weekend with a pencil. She got all seven letters, but her "e" was backwards, and her "s" characters seem to be squiggles. Maybe it's time for one of those wipe-clean practice books. I think she's been practicing with DH, but I had to take a photo to commemorate the first time she wrote her "name". I should ask to see if they're doing that at daycare or if it's all DH. She can certainly spell it out with magnetic letters though!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Nope. Twin baby boy's illness isn't gone yet. Already started our third night with a fever. He threw up a small amount an hour ago.
    barbis9, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information