User Tag List

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1854Likes

Thread: November 2016 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    @jasperandchar Not sure if you noticed the upcoming deal at SDM- SDM and PC pts deal (since I know you love to collect both)

Buy $200 in Gift cards at SDM and receive 8000 SDM points. Use your PC MC and receive 3x the PC PTS. If you don't need gift cards you could buy GC's to use for gas (that's what I do- For Canadian Tire- then I collect CT $ on my gas purchase )
    I saw that BUT thank you

I'm using up my pc plus points to get free gcs for my Christmas purchases, yesterday I redeemed for $200 amazon.ca AND I need to get more as I only have $5 bucks left from doing my Christmas shopping this morning on amazon.ca

Dh stops where it's convenient which is Ultramar and where they have a car wash, I'll check it out but I really don't recall ever seeing Ultramar Gcs at sdm but it's worth a shot.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon all,

I had fun morning doing some online Christmas shopping and best part no out of pocket (pc plus points).

The meal plan is now complete

Monday - wasn't feel the best so we had blt's
    Tuesday - sweet & sour chicken
    Wednesday - pork chops with mashed potatoes
    Thursday homemade beef burgers with the works
    Friday meatless
    Saturday steak on the bbq
    Sunday Macaroni & ground beef casserole (I will make enough for our lunches few days & this is my fav in comfort foods)

Wishing everyone a fabulous day
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Afternoon all,

I had fun morning doing some online Christmas shopping and best part no out of pocket (pc plus points).

The meal plan is now complete

Monday - wasn't feel the best so we had blt's
    Tuesday - sweet & sour chicken
    Wednesday - pork chops with mashed potatoes
    Thursday homemade beef burgers with the works
    Friday meatless
    Saturday steak on the bbq
    Sunday Macaroni & ground beef casserole (I will make enough for our lunches few days & this is my fav in comfort foods)

Wishing everyone a fabulous day
    lol you were itching to go shopping on Amazon weren't you I purchased 2 gifts on there today as well. Now I want to go shopping on the weekend. Can't wait to do my 1st redemption at SDM of the year (as long as I find deals/what I want)
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I love this SDM offer and have been waiting to see it return. I will take advantage of it 3xs on my card & DH cards. I am working on y list of what I need but finally ran out of money on my Starbucks card so I will be spending that money 1st.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Hi all!

We took our jar money and did a night at Great Wolf Lodge (indoor waterpark resort in Niagara Falls). Got a good deal of course. Kids had a blast.

Life has been nonstop.

Will try to check in a little more this month.

Hugs to all.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Hi all!

We took our jar money and did a night at Great Wolf Lodge (indoor waterpark resort in Niagara Falls). Got a good deal of course. Kids had a blast.

Life has been nonstop.

Will try to check in a little more this month.

Hugs to all.
    Awesome! we are going the last week of November. I have never been so am a little excited

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahh tired babysat ashlyn yesterday as son had to go out of town for work and today -plus we shelled out at my son on Halloween night (I bought 2 pkgs of candy for his house)and then she wanted nana to take her to a few homes
    -last night did online shopping at the gap spent 64 and change for the 2 grandkids 40% off even the sale prices and I t-shirt top for me
    -hubby is putting car in for front brakes on Thursday and he priced around one garage was 170 cheaper than the first one he went to -the one charges more for labour -so we had sat aside money for this in our budget
    -supper tonight cesars pizza 6.25 cause too darn tired was up at 4.00 a.m today and ashlyn didn't nap today

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Can anyone tell me when the SDM gift card deal starts-I always get this. Thanks
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our little boy caught a cold and shared it with our twins. We kept him home from school today. None of us got much sleep last night. I managed to get a nap with the kids today.

I did did good with my big shopping trip at Sobeys yesterday. I spent over $100 and saved 45% between Air Miles offers, coupons, and CO51. I also earned in Air Miles $20 towards a future purchase. I think this week is the best week that I have had with redeeming CO51 offers. I cashed out another cheque for $34.75.

I also bought 115 size 5 Huggies nighttime diapers from a mom on a local Facebook garage sale group. She found 1/2 of these diapers after we had arranged the sale, so she only charged me the originally agreed upon amount, which was $15. We are acquainted and her boy/girl twins are in gymnastics with our son, so she brought the diapers to class last night and saved us both some time.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Lizzie: I believe it starts Saturday. I will see if I can find the flyer to confirm. Its in next weeks flyer which should be the 5th to the 11th.
    Angela: you always do so well at Sobey's.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Everyone seems excited about the Shoppers gift card deal, still thinking whether I need any or not, it has really devalued over the years as far as the amount of points you get for amount spent so I haven't done it in the last few years but I will probably do it this year.
    I need to get in gear for Christmas, It always sneaks up so fast once November is here!!
    Made a ton of cabbage rolls with my daughter this morning with my daughter, I haven't made them in years. I am getting quite the stock pile of meals in the freezer, I find it saves so much time and money. I thought they were good but not great I should have gotten some tips from Natalka!!
    Not any shopping for me til next week unless a super deal crosses my path!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Lizzie: I believe it starts Saturday. I will see if I can find the flyer to confirm. Its in next weeks flyer which should be the 5th to the 11th.
    Angela: you always do so well at Sobey's.
    Thank you. I always make sure to shop there on 10% off Tuesday. It's nice to get these deals when there are only 3 grocery stores in my community.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Everyone seems excited about the Shoppers gift card deal, still thinking whether I need any or not, it has really devalued over the years as far as the amount of points you get for amount spent so I haven't done it in the last few years but I will probably do it this year.
    I need to get in gear for Christmas, It always sneaks up so fast once November is here!!
    Made a ton of cabbage rolls with my daughter this morning with my daughter, I haven't made them in years. I am getting quite the stock pile of meals in the freezer, I find it saves so much time and money. I thought they were good but not great I should have gotten some tips from Natalka!!
    Not any shopping for me til next week unless a super deal crosses my path!!
    Any cabbage rolls are good cabbage rolls, when homemade!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    I have been working hard at trying to get the little stuff done at home that usually gets forgotten about.

Due to space it has taken me 3 days to toast, dry and turn 3 loaves of bread into breadcrumbs. So much cheaper then buying them pre made. 2 Loaves of crumbs will go into the pantry for later use but one loaf will be used to make Potato stuffing for the freezer.

We bought a ton of break products this past weekend when shopped. We got Naan, some sort of Pita we had a PC Plus offer for and were on sale at I think Food Basics which we use for wraps, as well as Wonder Wraps. I have wrapped and packaged everything to go in the freezer in single serve sizes.

I was out of town yesterday for work but was feeling awful so before I went to the Branch I went to Shopper's to grab something to get me through the day. The meds I was looking for were on sale so I stocked up and made sure to spend $30 as I had an offer spend $30 get 8000 points. I must have miscalculated as I was like a $1.20 short so I grabbed a bag of chips to eat on the drive home since I knew I would miss lunch. It was a nice shop the store was empty the cashier was super friendly and nice, too bad the store is 2 1/2 hours from home.

I will discuss the Shopper's Gift Card promo with Mom. I wouldn't mind stocking up to use as treats for ourselves. I tend to buy the multi packs so I will pick up the ones I need for Christmas and then hide away the rest for use through out the year either as treats or when something pops up and we need a gift for.

Tuesday night I cleaned up our budget and am happy to say even with the money issues we have been having I have been able to set aside some money. There were a few "extra" expenses I still need to cover but even with those factored in we have been able to save some money which is not allotted to anything so if something happens we should be able to cover it without using our emergency fund.

Well time to get to work. Have a great day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It's almost Friday Getting my winter tires put on tonight. Will be out of town next weekend for hockey so don't want to be caught in a snowstorm without them.

I had no plan for dinner last night. On the way home thought perogies would be good. Then remembered I had homemade meatballs in the freezer. And stuff for ceaser salad so that was dinner. Took bacon out of the freezer to make for the salad (sure am going to miss the free bacon once it is all gone )

No plan for tonight lol. Will figure it out. Bacon and eggs will make one DS happy so that may be his dinner.

Have a great day everyone.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information