User Tag List

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree2233Likes

Thread: December 2016 Frugal Chatter thread (all welcome)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Yum TG-did I mention I would be there? It sounds wonderful--a lovely feast to enjoy with your family!
    Maybe you should come Lizzie!! I may be envying your quiet Christmas by boxing day!! We now have two extra people, one friend of my son's that he met at college this year that can't go home and an old boyfriend of my daughters, I think they have been apart for five years now and he has spent the last 3 Christmas's with us. I think they were never meant to date and just be friends!!
    She has just started dating someone and will be spending a part of Christmas day at the new beaus's to meet his family and the ex will stay at our house. Mmm now that it is printed out it sounds a bit strange!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That is funny TG-for years we gathered for a fondue every Xmas eve at my sisters near Didsbury and one old girlfriend of my nephews kept coming after they split up-sounds like they all know where to find the good food and company! I might do some sort of gathering of the clan on New Years Day but will wait and see. Leaving all my options open this year-I have two possible offers for things to do next Tues, Wed and Thursday so will just go with the flow depending on weather etc. It will be interesting-I think DD is finally packed, bedroom and bathroom are cleaned and she has one more assignment to submit tonight as she is missing school tomorrow. DH will take the late shift and take her to pick up her friend at the airport and I will get up early to get them back out to the airport.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well went out to walmart and got groceries 134.00 later (pretty good since I haven't shopped in 2 weeks )-mind you 2 xmas gifts were in there 8.00 worth
    -does anyone want a pin for 3 months of a subscription to texture for free -the pin expires dec31/16 and I thought if one of you ladies wanted it just message me and I will private message you the pin -whoever replies first will get it
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well we were up at 5 a.m.( the girls only got to bed at midnight after late arrival of DD's friends flight) to get the girls back to the airport-to our brand new international terminal that just opened about a month ago. Man did that look nice and things seemed to be running quite smoothly despite the -26 temp. Anyway they should arrive in a couple of hours-it is very quiet here but I am not bored yet!! We will have lots of friends and family to get together with over the holidays. After my early start, I plan to relax for the afternoon as I am watching my friends 4 girls this evening.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm heading to Brockville and am looking for some great trades/ discounts/ money for my antiques clothing and collectibles any recommendations? I'm also going to Toronto and Ajax for 2 days
    ROMEO, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Here you go Nancy, these do take some time and I have a couple of hints, been making this recipe since the 80's!! Making the caramel takes about 25 minutes, a candy thermometer is crucial!! I chill my caramel turtle mixture before dipping in the chocolate, it makes the chocolate dry faster. i do not use the wax when melting my chocolate, I usually just melt chocolate bars like a lindt bar or jersey milk bar, we prefer the milk chocolate over the dark baking squares, milk chocolate chips work well too. Be careful when melting the chocolate so it doesn't seize, I use a double boiler with really hot water in it and put it on minimum on the stove, it is a slow melt but worth the wait not to have it seize and ruin the chocolate!!. I usually cover the pans once dipped and put them out on the porch to speed up the setting of the chocolate!! good luck and it is always more fun to get some help with the dipping!!
    http://www.chasingtomatoes.ca/2009/0...e-turtles.html
    Thank you I will attempt this coming weekend or next week, so much cheaper than buying as dh can eat 1 box in 2 days (lol)
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I made more ginger crinkles today.....I made some two weeks ago but apparently they were found in the freezer and there was an empty container on the counter this morning!! Made ganache for a cake and will freeze for later icing. made whipped shortbread for my oldest and coconut macaroons for my second oldest.My baking is done and done!!
    I plan on pre making as much of Christmas dinner as possible, turnips are boiled and mashed and in the freezer, will do the sweet potato casserole on the weekend and I have a great spinach and artichoke dip that freezes very well!! I think it is all coming together!!
    You are well prepared BUT hide the cookie tins or give a warning (haha) not to eat. It's so nice to be well prepared as you will be less stressed and make Christmas day much more manageable and enjoyable.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Well we were up at 5 a.m.( the girls only got to bed at midnight after late arrival of DD's friends flight) to get the girls back to the airport-to our brand new international terminal that just opened about a month ago. Man did that look nice and things seemed to be running quite smoothly despite the -26 temp. Anyway they should arrive in a couple of hours-it is very quiet here but I am not bored yet!! We will have lots of friends and family to get together with over the holidays. After my early start, I plan to relax for the afternoon as I am watching my friends 4 girls this evening.
    Your daughter is going to experience a different type of Christmas since she will be away but she is only a phone call away. I'm sure between babies and your busy lives the time will fly so do relax and embrace the empty nest for a short while.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon everyone,

I ventured out with the inlaws this am, I did really well so I'm pleased and well stocked. I got my stuffed Butterball turkey at Independent grocers $1.49lbs , I also got my frozen sweet peas and frozen butternut squash all of which will be served on Christmas day. I'm stocked on crackers had an amazing pc points offer and redeemed $120 in points. SO that's it for the pc points going forward the rest will be for 2017 Christmas.

I've finally found my mojo is using coupons at SDM spent $22 and change and got 12830 points back , used $39 in coupons.....wooo hoo.....now I understand what everyone has been talking about, Better Late than never

It's so cold outside, I keep filing the woodstove but there's a chill in the air.....brr....

Supper tonight is Delissio vintage pizza and Sunday will be pogos as I got the oil while out today.

Wishing everyone a great afternoon & weekend.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Did my volunteer shift for Salvation Army kettle and than groceries and Dollarama for gift bags. Trying really hard to resist impulse buying this time of year.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Did my volunteer shift for Salvation Army kettle and than groceries and Dollarama for gift bags. Trying really hard to resist impulse buying this time of year.
    Does salvation give any discounts to those who donate?
    Ciel, jasperandchar and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by juliemadden View Post
    I'm heading to Brockville and am looking for some great trades/ discounts/ money for my antiques clothing and collectibles any recommendations? I'm also going to Toronto and Ajax for 2 days
    Welcome to Ajax! Where are you staying North or South Ajax? It's gonna be a snowy Saturday!

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I didn't make it out to No Frills on Wednesday, baby boy needed me at home. I went shopping at Sonets tonight. I'm going from memory here, so this is the general breakdown. $107 before coupons or discounts. Sobeys had a weird coupon in their flyer that lets you pick one item to save 20% off when you spend $50. I used a $36 manufacturer coupon from a valid complaint, two $1 coupons, and got the free $10gc for spending $95 in one transaction. I was happy that it worked out that the coupons counted towards my $95 purchase. My receipt said that I save 48%. I then submitted the receipt for $4 from CO51 and 25c from Zweet. We all enjoyed some of the peas since I got home.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
    Welcome to Ajax! Where are you staying North or South Ajax? It's gonna be a snowy Saturday!

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hi jade! I'm not exactly sure where I'm staying. I'll be in Brockville for a little over two weeks! Excited..

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information