User Tag List

Page 102 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 602 1102 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 29357
Like Tree118520Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone it Friday lots of rain. Have a great day everyone.
    T

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Indeed. She's going to be a wet one today. Enjoy the day regardless!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning and happy Friday everyone!Name:  friday-3.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  61.3 KB

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

*sigh*...I'm ready for this week to end...
    will be having a good stiff drink when I get home tonight...

Have a great day and wonderful weekend Fam.
    DANGER

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    *sigh*...I'm ready for this week to end...
    will be having a good stiff drink when I get home tonight...

Have a great day and wonderful weekend Fam.
    Ah that sounds very good. Make it a double?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mid week groceries done. Not bad on the savings front. Total bill 31.00. Savings were 12.00 from price matching and coupons and coupgons. I will take 38% savings.

Learned all the tricks here so I thank ye all!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

triple, two doubles...we'll see how things go...I'm not doing anything too early tomorrow morning...
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    triple, two doubles...we'll see how things go...I'm not doing anything too early tomorrow morning...
    Scotch, please. On the rocks, a blend...best one Famous Grouse.
    Thank you, Dear.
    Have a wonderful, rejuvenating weekend, Dan!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

A very god morning to everyone!
    Although...truth be told, it's sort-of flickering snow out there. Once again our schizophrenic time of year is upon us: +8 one day, +2 today...so why is is snowing, then??!!!

Busy day on here, organizing healthy (read: diet) recipes to keep losing our winter weight. Once again DH is losing his tummy and is back in fine form for his golfing season, while I continue to struggle pound by pound. It's just not fair. {{{stomping foot and pouting beautifully}}} However, we continue on, feeling much better, although I do miss my wine. A lot. A lot of wine on weekends.

Everyone, have a wonderful day and a truly restful and relaxing weekend!!

Sigh......
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Mar 31st, 2017 at 12:20 PM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Mid week groceries done. Not bad on the savings front. Total bill 31.00. Savings were 12.00 from price matching and coupons and coupgons. I will take 38% savings.

Learned all the tricks here so I thank ye all!
    Always good to save, especially on important things. My best shop so far was $50 worth at walmart for $17. I noticed the line behind me getting long and annoyed as she put my stuff through and all my coupons plus price matching from no frills dollar sale. I apologized to the cashier and she said nah are you kidding, you did great lol.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Anyway I officially quit my job last week because of chronic pain. I can't get EI because I quit, but I can't prove I really have a medical reason for leaving. There is such a shortage of family doctors here it's ridiculous. I have been on the health connect waiting list for 2 years now for a doctor. So I applied for welfare tuesday and was approved wed during my appointment. $706 per month starting today but since I made it right under the wire for march I also got $90 for march late thursday plus my gst in a couple days. My welfare worker said I might qualify for the ontario disability support program which might get me $900 to $1000 per month for life but I need a family doctor to fill out the forms. The place he referred me to to get on the waiting list for a doctor is the list i'm already on lol. I know I also have undiagnosed depression since it's so hard to find any doctor here to refer you for something like that but I keep trying. I just wanted to share because I feel a bit crappy but hopeful in a way.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Fri, Mar 31st, 2017 at 02:49 PM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

hugs @cabmonk

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Anyway I officially quit my job last week because of chronic pain. I can't get EI because I quit, but I can't prove I really have a medical reason for leaving. There is such a shortage of family doctors here it's ridiculous. I have been on the health connect waiting list for 2 years now for a doctor. So I applied for welfare tuesday and was approved wed during my appointment. $706 per month starting today but since I made it right under the wire for march I also got $90 for march late thursday plus my gst in a couple days. My welfare worker said I might qualify for the ontario disability support program which might get me $900 to $1000 per month for life but I need a family doctor to fill out the forms. The place he referred me to to get on the waiting list for a doctor is the list i'm already on lol. I know I also have undiagnosed depression since it's so hard to find any doctor here to refer you for something like that but I keep trying. I just wanted to share because I feel a bit crappy but hopeful in a way.
    You know what, Cabbie?
    You've put up with that pain for such a long time now, you didn't suddenly choose welfare or disability, you persevered and marched on. So you have nothing to feel crappy about...it took a long time for you to get to this point, and I'm proud of you for not taking the "easy" way out sooner.
    You need to rest that leg (what's with everyone's legs and feet lately??!), get better and eventually you'll be able to move past this. Do you have nurse-practitioners in Timmins? They can do more than regular nurses do, they can prescribe, they can refer (iirc from my friend's experience)...why not give that a 'go'? I hope they have them there. Yep, they DO! I just checked: https://www.timminsfht.ca/displayPag...=OurPhysicians (scroll down)
    So there's your first step, so to speak...

I have a feeling we're all pretty proud of the way you've handled your condition and tried to work through it, Cabbie, but just like Charger, myself and others on here, there's a time to pull back and re-assess and change course.
    Your job now, is to get better.

And of course you're feeling down and depressed...you're young and you're in pain.
    I hope someone can help you and I hope and pray you can find someone from that list to care for you.
    {{{HUGS}}}

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Oh @Lynn49 I keep trying to work and just do normal things. The welfare worker was the one that brought up odsp so I'll see. I think I do have depression and have to see someone about it very soon. Lately every night I go to bed playing weird scenarios in my head that i'm at a party and everyone there hates me and says I wasn't invited, why are you even here. So It's probably a bit more than depression. the pain I have is always in my feet, heel, legs, knees, back etc. I will try everything I can to take care of it. I can't sleep and I am exhausted even before the day starts. Thanks for your post, I'll keep working through all this.

Thread Information