User Tag List

Page 1827 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 827 1327 1727 1777 1817 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1837 1877 1927 ... LastLast
Results 27,391 to 27,405 of 29342
Like Tree118509Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone

Hoping you all had a wonderful holiday celebration with family and friends.
    harbie, Silk, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It's early-ish in the day but since I've been a bit AWOL it feels like I've missed out on reading a few fun posts. A Belated Merry Christmas to all the sc crowd.
    This includes those of you braving much harsher temps (((hugs ))) than we have here and any who have jetted off to ....oh....I don't know....let me pick a random place? Punta Cana!!?
    Yeah, Merry Christmas to YOU too! ha ha IF you can even hear me over the roar of the waves and the glare of the sun in your eyes.
    Sigh....what a lucky as sh*t plane ride out of Ontario you all snagged! You are right @Lynn49 that pilot had plans of his own!

Everything went incredibly well on both the 24th and 25th. Lots of appetizers and main course dishes were inhaled for both occasions. Our family of 5 hit the hay right after opening our gifts at midnight. The next day many hands made light(er) work for moi! Guests were all here by noon and I offered spare aprons in big hopes...and there were eager takers!
    Our eldest DS, it always cracks me up to see him at the kitchen sink washing dishes because he has to stoop down ( being a taller guy ) and as a result the next day his back was sore. Good strategy to get out of dish duty! My BIL came here dressed as Santa! That was such a hoot! He looked so good as he has his own genuine white beard.

Warning! Starting a mini rant now
    Next year I am thinking of making up a fun game.
    For it I will need a giant sized photo of Jamie Oliver to place over a dart board. Then I need to create a velcro surface on his photo and ping pong balls with the matching sticky side velcro. Guests will see who can pummel this man with as many balls to the face as he can take!

Why? well I LABOURED and bought all the exact ingredients, mixing up this " amazing " Veggie Crown dish that he had posted for his Christmas meal. It baked up so beautifully in my Spring-form pan, browning in all the crooks and crevices, slicing up easily and then at the table I eagerly grabbed the first slice.
    ( insert heaving sound ) It tasted like pure CRAP! I couldn't even tell what I was tasting but it sure wasn't flavour? I did not taste any of the red onion, butternut squash, carrots or beets. Oh you could sure see the chunks of bright colours of them but nada for their distinctive taste. Sigh.
    I instructed everyone NOT to take a serving but my DS#2 HAD to see for himself. He is my go-to cooking buddy and he agreed saying " wtf? that is awful nothingness " .

So Jamie Oliver......you are going to be a dart board game next Christmas in my home. Or.....maybe after a year I will have forgiven him or more likely probably forgotten about it.
    Stay tuned for December 2023. ha ha

Name:  jamie smaller pick.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  9.4 KB

Name:  jamie smaller dick pick.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  19.8 KB
    Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Dec 27th, 2022 at 08:08 AM.
    Skippy, harbie, Silk and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, harbie, Silk and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

harbie, Silk, Tweets77 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@walkonby , here's a video for you. I just watched this the other day and remembered it when you complained about Jamie Oliver. You have something in common with Uncle Roger. If you can get past all of the "haiya's" then it's pretty funny. And if you search for 'Uncle Roger Jamie Oliver', you will find numerous videos of Uncle Roger slamming Jamie's cooking skills
    For the record, he's never been a favorite of mine either
    harbie, Purdee, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

HOLLA from Punta Cana!

Yes, @walkonby , flying out of Pearson last Friday? We were the first flight out at 9am…the 10pm flight was grounded! Our pilot quite likely wanted to be stranded here and not in Toronto! Can’t blame him, it’s paradise!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and thank you for arranging + temps for our return.

I watched cnn’s coverage of the Southwest airline disaster…how sad for so many people. You saw the sign someone was holding at an airport? ‘Why is Covid better than Southwest? Covid is airborne.”
    Westjet cancelled ALL flights at 11pm the night before we were scheduled to fly before the airport closed so they didn’t have to give refunds! Passengers could only reschedule! Unbelievable.

Well…carry on, stay safe, everyone!
    harbie, Silk, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

harbie, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

harbie, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone
    Skippy, harbie, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning! Flying out of Punta Cana today!

We all had a great time, I got sunstroke a few days ago…my fault…spent several hours in the water playing volleyball! Lol! But it was worth it…hahahaha!
    It’ll be nice to be back in Canada later today, though…a week is enough for Hubby and I.

I hope everyone was safe through that snowstorm we just missed!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Flew back to the Sheraton, Toronto, driving home in the morning with the kids.
    Jenny’s sitter has sent us her pics every day, even a video of her playing…I hope she WANTS to come home tomorrow!
    Skippy, harbie, Silk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well friends what a difference a week makes! Last weekend with the frigid windchill and yesterday and today rainÂ…(my apologies to those still dealing with winter).
    Christmas tree this year is fully decorated as DW snagged holidays before Christmas. I donÂ’t deal with the tree as allergic and arm will break out-no kidding!
    End of another year start of the next.NY Eve overrated as IÂ’d rather sleep!
    Thank you friends for your contributions be it posts,likes,laughs,encouragement,prayers.It certainly helps
    in the world we live in today.
    Praying GodÂ’s richest blessings on you and those you love!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

you are right @Skippy ( about the bloom being off the rose now ) when it comes to ringing in the New Year. Many times I just could not keep my eyes open until 12 midnight.
    We'll see if a sober ( DRY! No alcohol ) Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper can entertain me enough this year. I watch JUST to see and hear Anderson do his famous giggle!

Welcome Home @Lynn49 !!! I googled " glow in the dark water volleyball " and there actually IS such a thing! No sunburn there....ha ha
    Skippy, harbie, Silk and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, harbie and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, harbie and walkonby like this.

Thread Information