User Tag List

Page 853 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 353 753 803 843 851 852 853 854 855 863 903 953 1353 1853 ... LastLast
Results 12,781 to 12,795 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

That is such a lovely view Natalka.

I have not been on Sc very much and I am just now seeing you are in the hospital. I will go back and read but in the meantime I am sending you my prayers across the miles, one Ukie to another!
    Natalka, Lynn49 and barbis9 like this.

I'm here for the Survivor Pool

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks so much, @alohamom !

It's funny how the view seems so much closer as I am looking at it, looks so far away in the photo - but one can enlarge it on here.

I am tuckered out, but I did some practice sit/stands with sideways stepping to practice turns, and I done good!

My son is going to come visit, yay!

Wishing everyone a FUN Saturday night!
    alohamom, Lynn49, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Unfortunately, @Natalka , my tablet won't show your picture. But I am happy that you have a panoramic view.

My BrotherB and his son are over near Peterborough and are planning to come back tomorrow but the weather is supposed to be so awful with terrible winds and whipped up snow. I really hope they think of coming home tonight.

I have a few more ounces of energy, so I think that I will pack at least one more box. It's actually getting hard to fine things that can fit together in a box that have anything to do with each other.

I think I will tackle the baking cupboard. Probably everything is already expired! I rarely bake. Boy, I used to. But then, I used to ski, too.

Which of the nominated movies have you seen? I have not seen any. So, share, please. I live through you. ( I can't think of that word that should go there.)

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Which of the nominated movies have you seen? I have not seen any. So, share, please. I live through you. ( I can't think of that word that should go there.)
    Just a mo before another flight. I would recommend (in no specific order) Green Book, The Favourite, and Roma. All exceptionally good IMHO.

LAST CALL! Cheerio!!

PS: Hiya!!
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Natalka sorry you had to have an aide who should not be in that profession she should be more caring and compassionate. Hoping you don’t get that person again. Hope your day got better. You have a beautiful view from your window.
    Natalka and barbis9 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    .......so I have to reply to an email from my DH's friend who just emailed us to say he has been given 6-8 weeks "on this earth". This is the wonderful golf buddy who gathered our little gang together twice a year at a restaurant...he was always such a joy at those get-togethers.

...then I have someone in the hospital with a broken wrist who is crying all the time, feeling sorry for herself, wanting to "go home' (to what?! even when she works full-time she has to come home and make her retired husband dinner!!)...her head hurts, her neck hurts, HE thinks she's on too many drugs (GAH!), don't know if she told her team how she was feeling....and if she was looking for a shoulder to cry on in her last email she was likely surprised at my reply.
    I told her that no...they wouldn't put her on a dangerous combination of drugs; no...unless she told them about how she felt throughout the night and morning nothing would be done to help her; no....it's not the time to go home, she's in exactly the place she needs to be to get well. I wish I had the guts to say, "Snap out of it!". She's not a strong-willed individual.

So two contrary personalities, two difficult (well, hers wasn't that difficult) emails...only one to go...if I can find the words...
    @Lynn49 sorry to read about your husband friend.
    My family is going through the same as I write this post.
    My DH first cousin has lost her battle with bone cancer. The Dr give 3 weeks to live. I went on Thursday to visit her and she was talking and Happy. Today she has only been sleeping. When she pass it would be very heart breaking for my DH because she grew with them after her mom pass. So she is more like a sister than a cousin. praying for all those who are in pain
    barbis9 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@avoncallingu - I've seen Bohemian Rhapsody, Black Panther and BlaKkKlansman. Definitely see Bohemian Rhapsody, as soon as you can it was fantastic. I enjoyed BlaKkKlansman, but I didn't care for Black Panther at all. It's been the weakest superhero movie so far, imo.
    Natalka and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I've heard nothing but good things about Bohemian Rhapsody. Definitely want to see it.
    Natalka, Lynn49, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all. Lots of rain here. My plan today is to some baking. So have a great Sunday all

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Happy Sunday to all! DH and I had THE BEST time last night watching our Leafs not only trounce the Habs ( so sorry, truly I am to longtime Habs fans, but we hate 'em! ) but came back from a 3-0 hole to do it....ending with a 6-3 beatdown!
    Leafs have been on the other end of that type of game so it was nice for the switch around.

All the harassment Johnsson took from multiple crosschecks and hits that Domi delivered ( which blind refs never even called! ) were all tossed back in the Habs face as Nylander ( I think? ) slid the puck to Johnsson so he could get the empty net goal.

Then if that wasn't enough excitement..... Sydney's Penguins ( yeah THAT Sydney! he bugs me also ! ) blew their outside game against the Flyers in almost the same way. They were ahead and the Flyers came back to tie and win!! Great night!!

Like most we are sitting back waiting for this nasty weather and high winds to hit us. Scary stuff from what they are forecasting. It is doing nothing atm.
    No plans to cook again today...ha ha The stuff I had made previously is still kicking in the fridge. The guys made up a pot of mashed spuds.....see? I KNEW it! They think spuds are a veg....bwahahaha!!!

Have a great Sunday everyone!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    wendymac, Natalka, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@walkonby, were your ears burning last night? Lol! I was telling my DH how you must have been up and hopping on your sofa with the thrashing the Leafs were delivering to the Habs!
    THEN, Crosby losing to the Flyers?! You must have been beside yourself with almost catatonic joy! Hahaha...and yes, we saw them both. What a great night if hockey!

Everyone here is staying put with the weather fronts, freezing rain, snow, winds, potentially coming our way, so nothing much on the agenda.

Stay home if you're in the way of this new onslaught, be safe, and have a great Sunday!

PS...Walks, who's that very happy man in the photo??
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Feb 24th, 2019 at 10:51 AM.
    wendymac, Natalka, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day, Happy Sunday!

It has been a busy morning, so I am stopping by here before I have a rest.

Had a great visit with Milan last night. He brought doughnuts and Doritos!
    He is loving being on his own, and is glad to be cooking food again.

I had physio at nine, and she wouldn't let me go walking because there was only one of her. We practiced sit/stands without the bed being higher (I always cheat and do that!), and I was able to walk a bit doing transfers on to and off a wheelchair. I did well and it felt great.

Then I had a wash - which I count as a therapy session! Aide came to do my last meds and stockings on. Then lunch came and here I am!

I am feeling more confident, and when the knees/legs cooperate, I am good to go.

Strange incident before bed last night - I called for help to go for a pee, and the night nurse came. When I told her why I needed her, she asked why. I explained that my mobility status is to have two people and a belt to assist - but that for bathroom we found one person was okay. Then she told me she read the chart notes from the day nurse, who wrote down that I had done it the whole day all by myself. ??? Like, he hadn't aided me for that during the day, but I could remember names of most of the aides who had.

This morning, I explained this all to the new day nurse - I asked her to please check if those incorrect notes were amended to be my current status.

Interesting, huh? Another day in the life, "As the Stomach Turns"...

Hoping you are all enjoying a splendid Sunday!
    Lynn49, barbis9 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka...sometimes I really hate nurses...the bad ones make it so hard to remember that there are good ones out there, but the stupid ones seem to be the ones I remembered. Good on ya for reporting the incident and asking that it be corrected. Short-cuts on reports can't be tolerated!!
    Excellent day, but mostly, lol...I'm happy for Milan to be out of that situation he was in, and on his own, and cooking for himself!! What a relief that must be for him!!

Continue to have a good day, Nat!!!

I'm having wine. Yes, not since the Superbowl have I indulged, but jeepers: Villanova vs Xavier?!! C'mon!! @walkonby , I'll be back to being good tomorrow....promise!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Feb 24th, 2019 at 02:31 PM.
    Natalka, barbis9 and walkonby like this.

Thread Information